• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Paranoid Android 7.2.1 - AOSPA - Pixel XL

Search This thread

David522d

May 9, 2010
Finally all setup, Is there anyway to have pie work on both sides and the bottom? I'm trying to use Pie control / LMT to work on the sides the but "Back" function does not work. I think its being blocked somehow by the PIE built in.
If anyone has any idea how to get pie working on all 3 sides that would complete this ROM.
Thanks!

Last edited:

TBacker

Sep 12, 2008
Ugh. Installed this only to find that there's still NO data connectivity with this ROM on Verizon. Too bad - looks like a nice, smooth, stable ROM. Should've read the WHOLE thread before flashing.

TBacker

Sep 12, 2008
I have verizon and its fine?

Well, all I can say is stock Nougat worked fine. I carefully flashed PA and it booted and ran just fine, calls and texts worked fine, but it wouldn't connect to VZW internet. SIM status showed phone and data as in service, but internet status on the same screen was perpetually "Connecting".

I even reflashed stock, booted (with good lte), then flashed PA again with identical dataless results.

I'm now on the last Dirty Unicorns Nougat release and it's running well and has full data.

I've been flashing Android ROMs for years, so I don't think I made any newb mistakes. Searching this thread I see at least two cases where others met the same fate.

David522d

May 9, 2010
Well, all I can say is stock Nougat worked fine. I carefully flashed PA and it booted and ran just fine, calls and texts worked fine, but it wouldn't connect to VZW internet. SIM status showed phone and data as in service, but internet status on the same screen was perpetually "Connecting".

I even reflashed stock, booted (with good lte), then flashed PA again with identical dataless results.

I'm now on the last Dirty Unicorns Nougat release and it's running well and has full data.

I've been flashing Android ROMs for years, so I don't think I made any newb mistakes. Searching this thread I see at least two cases where others met the same fate.

Ah, okay. I'm not rom expert myself. Just have Verizon on and unlocked pixel. And everything been fine here.

wgrant

Sep 23, 2011

I'm not running this ROM but on previous phones and ROMs with similar issues I had to change from global in the preferred network section of cellular network and/or adjust the apn associated/being used. I haven't read what others have tried but maybe that'll help get it to connect.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TBacker

Sep 12, 2008
Make sure your APN is correct. Had to type mine in manually cause it didn't come up.

I did compare the APN to my old Nexus 6P and a few posts here on XDA, and it was correct. I didn't attempt to edit it at that point.

At this point I'm happy with Dirty Unicorns, and I know development has halted on Nougat ROMs, so this is all probably moot at this point.

epikroms

Feb 6, 2018
We’re really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavour of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features & improvements.

First & foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimisations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On first launch you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who’s teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don’t know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

Pie
We’ve been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we’re really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google’s Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine
We’re proud to announce our newest feature - Color Engine. Color Engine allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Major features:
- Reworked Pie
- Color engine
- Immersive mode
- Buttons customization (including navigation bar)
- On the spot controls (OTS)

Minor features:
- SafetyNet Compatibility
- Battery/Notification LED control
- Recent tasks locking
- Battery icon customization
- Google now page in default launcher
- Substratum (OMS) support (Color engine will be deactivated if you use Substratum)
- Quick pulldown
- Various performance and battery improvements
- Display Burn-in protection (for OLED screens)
- More to explore :)

Device specific features for OP3(T) (List is being updated):
- Oneplus 3(T) custom camera HAL: Resulting in better picture quality than OEM.
- Implemented custom picture background processing leading to very fast shutter speed (OnePlus 3(T) specific)
- Offscreen gestures
- sRGB support (OnePlus 3(T) specific)
- Alert slider customization
- aptX and aptXHD support
- Specific device performance and battery optimizations (details on this coming)

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues
unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

Download

Get our latest Pixel XL build here.

Changelogs

As we're getting back into the thread game, keeping up with threads and updating them as per changelogs can be too hectic given our schedule. However, very detailed changelogs always go up on our Google+ page, follow us for constant updates!

Instructions & requirements
* Wipe system, data and cache
* Flash Rom plus the twrp zip
* reboot again to recovery
* flash Gapps and twrp zip

Dirty flash
* flash Rom plus the twrp zip
* reboot again to twrp
* flash Gapps and twrp zip

Important / Useful links
OpenGapps
SuperSU root package
Paranoid Android Community (G+)
Our kernel sauce (Pixel (XL))
Bug reports on Google Sheets

As always, we listen to what you have to say. Help us make PA better by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here. Submit bug reports and we'll try to iron out issues as soon as possible - it really helps a lot.

Our device maintainers and CAF caretakers @TheCrazyLex, @xboxfanj, @arter97, @[email protected] are right here at xda. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android, ROM for the Google Pixel XL

Contributors
freak_97, Thecrazylex , Thecrazyskull
Source Code:https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 7.2.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-20

Created 2017-06-02
Last Updated 2017-07-20

It says to Flash rom plus TWRP zip, ummmmmm which TWRP zip?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Paranoid Android 7.3.1

For anyone that's interested since the thread isn't updated but the builds still are

https://plus.google.com/+ParanoidAndroidCorner/posts/Yj4kqx7X6p1

Global Changes

With 7.3.1, we have several changes that impact all of our devices. The majority of these are improvements to Paranoid Camera, which launched in our last release. We have also implemented the required patches for the recent KRACK Vulnerability.

Add Anti-Shake mode to Paranoid Camera
    Fix compatibility issues with third-party camera apps
    Fix front-facing camera crashes in Paranoid Camera
    KRACK Vulnerability patches
    Various improvements to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
    Performance and efficiency improvements for Pocket Lock
    Launcher improvements and fixes
    Various performance and battery improvements
    Other minor improvements and fixes
    Final update for translations

Google Pixel / Pixel XL Specific Changes:

Merged upstream scheduler changes
    Various kernel improvements
    Have always loved this ROM. Any chance on flashing instructions. Thanks

Probably the same as any other rom here that doesn't come with Gapps.

Reboot to TWRP
    Factory reset
    Flash rom
    Flash TWRP (flash VBS if on May BL)
    Reboot recovery
    Flash Gapps
    Flash Vendor (if you need to)
    Flash SU/Magisk
    Flash TWRP (flash VBS if on May BL)
    Reboot to System
    Just installed beans over opengapps. Everything works!
    I dropped a comment in the spreadsheet. Other than those two things I noticed, this thing is super smooth. It is disappointing because I use OK google quite often

Joined your comment on the bug report as well, maybe the more people we can get to join in, the quicker they'll notice it's severity. It's the only thing holding this back from being my DD at the moment, I use ok Google multiple times a hour
    Haha. That's totally fine. If I get home after work before you get them to me, I'll probably just pull all the ones I need from my wife's 5X.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VCk-uPWNKoc25HR3FmNXdjZDA/view?usp=drivesdk