Paranoid Android 7.2.1 - AOSPA - Pixel XL

Search This thread
Jun 8, 2015
Anyone running Xposed?

Yea I am. Just get the Xposed Installer and hit install 88.2 and reboot when it tells you to and it's installed.

I'm using the Gravity Box N (works with PA) because I missed the center clock and battery saver BEGONE thing.

JYJB4Vd.png

Reactions: HACK3DANDR0ID

samklee

Oct 8, 2009
EX kernel is all I use
Just to verify... You're running ex kernel on this aosp build?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Anyone notice bluetooth connection is not as consistent as compared to stock build?

Last edited:

jasonsamms666

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Anyone notice bluetooth connection is not as consistent as compared to stick build?
I've used it on this ROM and every ROM I've used.

Reactions: samklee

gillim74

Jul 28, 2012
Celina ohio
Sorry for the dumb question but im on oreo official what do i need to be on to get pa to work.i have the google edition bootloader unlocked

samklee

Oct 8, 2009
Sorry for the dumb question but im on oreo official what do i need to be on to get pa to work.i have the google edition bootloader unlocked
It's kind of a pain, but essentially this:

- download and install nougat factory image. I've always had an error doing this, so I manually fastboot push each file in the image.

- install twrp fastboot boot twrp image then install twrp zip.

- install PA rom.

Sometimes I reflash stock n boot image if my phone doesn't boot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Anyone know how to reset pie so it's not set as default navigation in immersive mode?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

nomisunrider

Feb 25, 2011
Minnesota
I've used it on this ROM and every ROM I've used.

I've been trying EX kernel on this ROM for a week now and since I installed it I've been experiencing odd behavior from wifi. It either won't connect, or when I leave a place it still shows the available networks as the ones from the place I just left. I have to enter and exit airplane mode to fix this...

Anyone else see this with EX kernel on the latest PA ROM?

liam_davenport

Apr 17, 2014
Wakefield
HTC Desire
HTC One X+
I've been trying EX kernel on this ROM for a week now and since I installed it I've been experiencing odd behavior from wifi. It either won't connect, or when I leave a place it still shows the available networks as the ones from the place I just left. I have to enter and exit airplane mode to fix this...

Wouldn't recommend a kernel on this ROM unless it uses PA source as a base. PA has it's own modifications to the kernel

samklee

Oct 8, 2009

I've been running ex kernel last couple days with no issues at all. Runs perfectly

David522d

May 9, 2010
Soo,
* Wipe system, data and cache
* Flash Rom plus the twrp installer?
* reboot again to recovery
* flash Gapps and twrp installer?
Can I flash Magisk v14.5 after all of that?

Its been a long since I flashed a rom. Just double checking. Thanks guys!

liam_davenport

Apr 17, 2014
Wakefield
HTC Desire
HTC One X+
Soo,
* Wipe system, data and cache
* Flash Rom plus the twrp installer?
* reboot again to recovery
* flash Gapps and twrp installer?
Can I flash Magisk v14.5 after all of that?

Its been a long since I flashed a rom. Just double checking. Thanks guys!

No need to flash twrp again after Gapps just flash magisk and you're good to go :good:

Reactions: David522d

David522d

May 9, 2010
No need to flash twrp again after Gapps just flash magisk and you're good to go :good:

Ok so I did all of that, booted up and was restoring my backup from the cloud, then got a system UI notfiaction saying it crashed. And now the screen is dark. All I can do is restart the phone. But when it boots up its still dark and I can't even use the phone.

After trying to reinstall I couldn't see my internal storage, It comes up with a bunch of strange folders that include text and numbers. I used a OTG usb drive to reinstall the rom.

At this point I formatted, full wipe, typing yes to confirm.
I installed the ROM and TWRP
Then I booted back into recovery to install gapps and attempt to install magisk after the gapps.
The ROM loads up, but I don't have root. The other thing now is when i'm in twrp and try to view my internal storage I have all these strange folders that include text and numbers. I feel like something is wrong.
https%3A%2F%2Fs23.postimg.org%2F6il4d1kbv%2FIMG_20170103_143006.jpg

Any advice from here? Id like to be able to see my internal storage via twrp and get magicsk up and running.
Please help =/

Also is it possible to have pie enabled for all 3 sides or only just where you select it.

Last edited:

crazykas

Jun 11, 2011
Japan
Google Pixel 8
Ok so I did all of that, booted up and was restoring my backup from the cloud, then got a system UI notfiaction saying it crashed. And now the screen is dark. All I can do is restart the phone. But when it boots up its still dark and I can't even use the phone.

After trying to reinstall I couldn't see my internal storage, It comes up with a bunch of strange folders that include text and numbers. I used a OTG usb drive to reinstall the rom.

At this point I formatted, full wipe, typing yes to confirm.
I installed the ROM and TWRP
Then I booted back into recovery to install gapps and attempt to install magisk after the gapps.
The ROM loads up, but I don't have root. The other thing now is when i'm in twrp and try to view my internal storage I have all these strange folders that include text and numbers. I feel like something is wrong.
https%3A%2F%2Fs23.postimg.org%2F6il4d1kbv%2FIMG_20170103_143006.jpg

Any advice from here? Id like to be able to see my internal storage via twrp and get magicsk up and running.
Please help =/

Also is it possible to have pie enabled for all 3 sides or only just where you select it.

Your storage is encrypted. Thats what has happened. As far as as i know, only thing you can do it format the internal storage. Wait for more clear answer

David522d

May 9, 2010
Your storage is encrypted. Thats what has happened. As far as as i know, only thing you can do it format the internal storage. Wait for more clear answer

I can hit decrypt in mount in twrp and it brings up my files after.
I don't mind wiping internal storage considering I can always restore data from the cloud. But I've done that already? And still have those folders are showing up unless I hit decrypt in mount options.
Does it have to do with flashing "Magisk" after gapps? And even after flashing magicisk it doesn't stick. Upon boot there is no app / or root.
I just want to have PA loaded up with root and no errors . If someone could give me a step by step on how to achieve that id appreciate it greatly.

Tried to flash Supersu, that didn't work either.
Not sure what to do at this point.

Edit 11/28

For anyone experiencing the same problem, When I get into twrp I enter my pattern and the data becomes decrypted. Allowing me to my internal storage. Flashing SU did not stick nor work. But I just tried flashing Magisk 14.3(this is the only version that worked for me) and that stuck and worked. I am now up and running PA, with root. Phew.

Last edited:

ffchampmt

Dec 27, 2013
Montana
I can hit decrypt in mount in twrp and it brings up my files after.
I don't mind wiping internal storage considering I can always restore data from the cloud. But I've done that already? And still have those folders are showing up unless I hit decrypt in mount options.
Does it have to do with flashing "Magisk" after gapps? And even after flashing magicisk it doesn't stick. Upon boot there is no app / or root.
I just want to have PA loaded up with root and no errors . If someone could give me a step by step on how to achieve that id appreciate it greatly.

Tried to flash Supersu, that didn't work either.
Not sure what to do at this point.

When in doubt clean flash a stock image in fastboot and start over.
You can delete the "-w" argument to save your data, if you can still mount in TWRP you can pull out what you need off your internal storage just in case. I usually figure out what base my rom is on so I don't have to reflash the vendor img.

-edit- I also do a full system boot before I flash root.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Paranoid Android 7.3.1

For anyone that's interested since the thread isn't updated but the builds still are

https://plus.google.com/+ParanoidAndroidCorner/posts/Yj4kqx7X6p1

Global Changes

With 7.3.1, we have several changes that impact all of our devices. The majority of these are improvements to Paranoid Camera, which launched in our last release. We have also implemented the required patches for the recent KRACK Vulnerability.

Add Anti-Shake mode to Paranoid Camera
    Fix compatibility issues with third-party camera apps
    Fix front-facing camera crashes in Paranoid Camera
    KRACK Vulnerability patches
    Various improvements to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
    Performance and efficiency improvements for Pocket Lock
    Launcher improvements and fixes
    Various performance and battery improvements
    Other minor improvements and fixes
    Final update for translations

Google Pixel / Pixel XL Specific Changes:

Merged upstream scheduler changes
    Various kernel improvements
    Have always loved this ROM. Any chance on flashing instructions. Thanks

Probably the same as any other rom here that doesn't come with Gapps.

Reboot to TWRP
    Factory reset
    Flash rom
    Flash TWRP (flash VBS if on May BL)
    Reboot recovery
    Flash Gapps
    Flash Vendor (if you need to)
    Flash SU/Magisk
    Flash TWRP (flash VBS if on May BL)
    Reboot to System
    Just installed beans over opengapps. Everything works!
    I dropped a comment in the spreadsheet. Other than those two things I noticed, this thing is super smooth. It is disappointing because I use OK google quite often

Joined your comment on the bug report as well, maybe the more people we can get to join in, the quicker they'll notice it's severity. It's the only thing holding this back from being my DD at the moment, I use ok Google multiple times a hour
    Haha. That's totally fine. If I get home after work before you get them to me, I'll probably just pull all the ones I need from my wife's 5X.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VCk-uPWNKoc25HR3FmNXdjZDA/view?usp=drivesdk