• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Paranoid Android 7.3.0 - AOSPA - Google Nexus 5

228aye

May 20, 2016
Hello! @marcomarinho its incredible!!! U fix dat bug, when changing network type killed connection! Uniquely, the best rom at the moment, the rest of the roms based on nougats have this bug. But there are problems with the mobile network - sometimes LTE disappears, and only reboot will helps. Also, buttery drain, bad compared to stock, But you are already doing a great job! (May be MPdecision work better, ya?) Android pay works. I read about somebugs with playing music through bluetooth, but I dont use it. Like hq sound, thx CAF. Google keyboard translator works incorectly (no connection server) I dont remember it on stock. At the moment the most efficient ROM with a minimum of bugs, for everyday use. But there is still a lot of work to be done. Ready to help in testing and sending logs. Thank you!

sand87ch

Dec 19, 2015
Kollam/Kerala
Hi,
Firstly thanks for this ROM.it works great.
However I came across this issue yesterday.steps to reproduce:-
1. Mirror Netflix to Chromecast.
2.now while the mirroring is on try to fast fwd or smthng the episode on the phn.
3.for that when u tap on the screen the navigation nor the controls.for fast fwd comes.the phone screen just flickers.

The way out is to smhw drag the navigation bar.once it comes on the screen..then try to fast fwd on the screen.
This issue doesn't exist on SAOSP,Resurrection remix etc.
If possible do have a look.if u need any further info pls feel free to ask.
Regards,
Sandeep

Reactions: 228aye

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
Hello! @marcomarinho its incredible!!! U fix dat bug, when changing network type killed connection! Uniquely, the best rom at the moment, the rest of the roms based on nougats have this bug. But there are problems with the mobile network - sometimes LTE disappears, and only reboot will helps. Also, buttery drain, bad compared to stock, But you are already doing a great job! (May be MPdecision work better, ya?) Android pay works. I read about somebugs with playing music through bluetooth, but I dont use it. Like hq sound, thx CAF. Google keyboard translator works incorectly (no connection server) I dont remember it on stock. At the moment the most efficient ROM with a minimum of bugs, for everyday use. But there is still a lot of work to be done. Ready to help in testing and sending logs. Thank you!
Thanks for the feedback! We're working on this bugs and will be fixed in the mean time. About google keyboard, check your gapps, I don't have that problem.
Hi,
Firstly thanks for this ROM.it works great.
However I came across this issue yesterday.steps to reproduce:-
1. Mirror Netflix to Chromecast.
2.now while the mirroring is on try to fast fwd or smthng the episode on the phn.
3.for that when u tap on the screen the navigation nor the controls.for fast fwd comes.the phone screen just flickers.

The way out is to smhw drag the navigation bar.once it comes on the screen..then try to fast fwd on the screen.
This issue doesn't exist on SAOSP,Resurrection remix etc.
If possible do have a look.if u need any further info pls feel free to ask.
Regards,
Sandeep
Can you send me a video to see what happens? ALso if possible, a logcat will be very helpful because I don't have neither a chromecast or netflix

Reactions: 228aye

jblaylock

Apr 3, 2013
Richmond
www.kycreeks.com
First of all, ty for the rom. Its smooth and consume less battery (well, at last for me). I have the same BT issues, what logs do u need @marcomarinho to check this (if u can, ofc)?
Installed this on my Nexus 5 over the weekend. Love everything except BT issues. This is a must have for me, as i have to hook my phone to my car, or get fired for talking on it.

Reactions: Passaralho

bensgomez

Jul 25, 2016
Hai
Developer
Recieved the mail regarding test build on non oem displays and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the rom and its smooth as butter. Just wanted to know the rom which was send to me was Asop or CAF based?
Thanks

sand87ch

Dec 19, 2015
Kollam/Kerala
Logcat and the video to recreate the issue

Thanks for the feedback! We're working on this bugs and will be fixed in the mean time. About google keyboard, check your gapps, I don't have that problem.

Can you send me a video to see what happens? ALso if possible, a logcat will be very helpful because I don't have neither a chromecast or netflix
Please find the attached video and the logcat zip attached here.Please do let me know if you need any further info or clarification.
Also please note this issue happens even when i am watching netflix on my phone.It isnt necessary to be mirroring the content as i mentioned yesterday.

Attachments

Dany XP

Oct 30, 2011
Milano
(For those who r having installation problems, do a FULL clean install and use nano or pico open gapps!)
Using this ROM from a couple of days, everything is so smooth, even BT connection (I had problems with that with other roms)
One problem though: having problems with connecting to WiFi networks. Same networks I didn't have problems with previous ROMs. Stuck in "getting IP address" forever and 1 time even a (never saw before) "error getting IP" or something. Is just me?...

Ebra92

Sep 1, 2014
Best rom I've tried regarding smoothness and sufficient customization/features. If it wasn't for the idle leak, it would have the best SOT as well. I disabled pocket lock and adaptive brightness, but still idle leak is significant. And as xposed is not yet available for nougat based roms, I can't use amplify or even greenify full use. If anyone tried any solution that worked, plz let me know. Ofc my auto sync and NFC and wifi scanning are off.

Reactions: tyamamoto

willyinpr4u

Apr 2, 2015
Temple
(For those who r having installation problems, do a FULL clean install and use nano or pico open gapps!)
Using this ROM from a couple of days, everything is so smooth, even BT connection (I had problems with that with other roms)
One problem though: having problems with connecting to WiFi networks. Same networks I didn't have problems with previous ROMs. Stuck in "getting IP address" forever and 1 time even a (never saw before) "error getting IP" or something. Is just me?...
Probably, I'm connected to WiFi now and is working fine.

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
Please find the attached video and the logcat zip attached here.Please do let me know if you need any further info or clarification.
Also please note this issue happens even when i am watching netflix on my phone.It isnt necessary to be mirroring the content as i mentioned yesterday.
Thanks for the report. Already looking into that. Didn't know that netflix users couldn't watch videos
First of all, ty for the rom. Its smooth and consume less battery (well, at last for me). I have the same BT issues, what logs do u need @marcomarinho to check this (if u can, ofc)?
Yes, if possible send me a logcat to look into it.
Best rom I've tried regarding smoothness and sufficient customization/features. If it wasn't for the idle leak, it would have the best SOT as well. I disabled pocket lock and adaptive brightness, but still idle leak is significant. And as xposed is not yet available for nougat based roms, I can't use amplify or even greenify full use. If anyone tried any solution that worked, plz let me know. Ofc my auto sync and NFC and wifi scanning are off.
Yes, we're aware of that and will be fixed in the upcoming releases .

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone