Paranoid Android Pie Beta - OnePlus 6

Search This thread

herna

Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2009
twitter.com
Such a good rom but now a days for OP6 not sure any maintainers available and also before we get stable pie we might get stable q in other roms.

We already have stable Pie for it, as well as we got the OnePlus 6 almost functional under Q.

The reason for no updates will be told in the next days. Sorry for such delay.

-earth-

Apr 14, 2012
We already have stable Pie for it, as well as we got the OnePlus 6 almost functional under Q.

Ah, I know :laugh:

OnePlus will switch official to Pa Software for Q

Last edited:

vasanthmes

Attachments

• 2019-09-30-quartz-alpha.jpg
    2019-09-30-quartz-alpha.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 573

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires

Hernán, after a month, is there any additional news to share (before Android 12 comes out)? Just joking, please don't be take it wrong, we really need (and would like) to have a good CAF ROM updated for this device. PA would be great.

vasanthmes

Hernán, after a month, is there any additional news to share (before Android 12 comes out)? Just joking, please don't be take it wrong, we really need (and would like) to have a good CAF ROM updated for this device. PA would be great.
Last I heard they were fixing issues in BT Audio in OnePlus 6, other than that everything is stable.

Not sure what's the status now.

Totone56

Mar 26, 2013
Vannes
Last I heard they were fixing issues in BT Audio in OnePlus 6, other than that everything is stable.

Not sure what's the status now.

Damn PA, their work is amazing, but when it's about giving news ... I remember waiting for months to see if Halo was being implemented back on KitKat, just to get a "In fact, nope, we threw it away" after half a year :D
But in the end the ROM was insanely good, they basically had invented Heads Up notification before Google came out with them, and it even had the floating apps system, so it's always worth it.

Totone56

Mar 26, 2013
Vannes
Heard this long ago..

Only thing you can do is wait & wait.. XD

Well, the man himself said a few hours ago, and i quote : "Next will be the OnePlus 6 and 6T", after linking the new Mi 9T build :)
Looks like they now have several people actively working on 6/6T builds (from what i've read), before they seemed to have issues with two devs working for OEMs (OnePlus ?), and the remaining one being busy elsewhere, thus the long absence.

Reactions: ddaggebi

ddaggebi

Jan 12, 2014
Seoul
Well, the man himself said a few hours ago, and i quote : "Next will be the OnePlus 6 and 6T", after linking the new Mi 9T build :)
Looks like they now have several people actively working on 6/6T builds (from what i've read), before they seemed to have issues with two devs working for OEMs (OnePlus ?), and the remaining one being busy elsewhere, thus the long absence.

Thanks for the news! Excited:good:
Where can I find the Telegram group link? I also want to grab the latest news.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

Alert Slider is not implemented yet.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Device build is unified, so don't get scared when you see oneplus6 on download. It will work on both sides.

Get the latest OnePlus 6 build HERE.

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Instructions & requirements

• Reboot to recovery (TWRP recommended)
      Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset(formatting data might be required in some cases)
      Flash OxygenOS, flash TWRP, boot to TWRP.
      Install Paranoid Android zip package, flash TWRP, boot to TWRP.
      Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

factory reset (or format data in some circumstances), flash TWRP, reboot to twrp
      Flash OOS, flash TWRP, reboot to twrp
      Flash rom, flash TWRP, reboot to TWRP
      Flash gapps and Magisk if needed
      Boot to system.

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainer for the OnePlus 6 is @markakash . Mention (@) him if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    herna, markakash
    Source Code: https://github.com/markakash/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: BETA-20190222

Created 2019-02-23
    Last Updated 2019-02-22
    We have been running stable builds for the OnePlus 6 and 6T for like 2 months already, but OnePlus hasn´t released yet a proper OxygenOS 10 build with fastboot boot working, so it makes the flashing procedure extremely odd and weird, as booting a proper TWRP isn´t that easy without it.

We can´t recall on everyone following the huge amount of steps properly and it will create a lot of confusion between non-expert users. I have personally talked to OnePlus developers and I was told that the next build will have this issue fixed, so once it´s out we will release our version for both devices.

Hope everyone understands what I am trying to say, and if you want some speed on this, just get in touch with OnePlus community guys over the OnePlus forum and report them about the bootloader thing.
    Such a good rom but now a days for OP6 not sure any maintainers available and also before we get stable pie we might get stable q in other roms.

PA Quartz is coming soon for OnePlus 6

Thanks to the Dev team, alpha build for PA Quartz (10.0 - yeah they are calling it with Quartz) for OnePlus 6 is coming soon!
    Take a look at PA Blog:
    https://blog.paranoidandroid.co/#/post/2019/2019-09-30-pa-quartz-alpha
    Please update the flashing instructions in the OP. It seems to be missing a lot unless things are drastically different. That simple process would normally work in the past, but no longer does in my experience.
    On this device, multiple reboots to recovery and multiple flashes of TWRP are required.
    It is typically required to...

factory reset (or format data in some circumstances), flash TWRP, reboot to twrp
    Flash OOS, flash TWRP, reboot to twrp
    Flash rom, flash TWRP, reboot to TWRP
    Flash gapps and Magisk if needed
    Boot to system.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone