Search This thread

CYB3R0ID694

Mar 9, 2016
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6a
There is stuff happening on Telegram and Github, this isn't dead

This delay in update is not new...
they call beta, but possibly nobody got it...

After talking about AOSPA in many telegram group, They call it dead rom..

Try by yourself..

What's point of keeping this thread alive when there is no update from February??

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

News from Telegram : The next build posted by the PA Team will very probably be a OnePlus6/6T Q build :)

well, not flooding.. But there are 3 different builds for 2 different devices from date you mentioned..

https://twitter.com/paranoidaospa/status/1199165894196379649

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Totone56

Mar 26, 2013
Vannes
This delay in update is not new...
they call beta, but possibly nobody got it...

After talking about AOSPA in many telegram group, They call it dead rom..

Try by yourself..

What's point of keeping this thread alive when there is no update from February??

The point is whatever people say about this, it is indeed active. No point trying to ask people that aren't in the dev team, what you should try is ask the people involved instead, only them can tell you if it's dead or not.

well, not flooding.. But there are 3 different builds for 2 different devices from date you mentioned..

https://twitter.com/paranoidaospa/status/1199165894196379649

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

So ? What do you want me to answer ?
I just quoted what was said in the chat by people that are working on the ROM, i'm not involved in any way so i don't know more than you. They had trouble finding maintainers for a long time, they explained why. Now people are working on it.
What we can see is there are some stuff being commited on Github, which means developpement is active, i don't think there is nothing to add, it will come out when it's ready.
Knowing PA-Team's work, it won't be released until it's perfect, which takes time haha :D

Just look at the Commit dates, those are not old at all, 10 commits specific to our device last week :
https://github.com/AOSPA/android_device_oneplus_oneplus6/commits/quartz

Last edited:

Ozy67

Sep 22, 2019
It's not dead. AFAIK they're waiting for stable Android 10 release form OP so that they can use those blobs. We just gotta be patient. Hopefully we get a solid release by New Year.

nksonfire

Mar 29, 2013
Pune
Guys don't create false hopes for people here, even if we get a build that would be only one, just like pie.

herna

Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2009
twitter.com
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
We have been running stable builds for the OnePlus 6 and 6T for like 2 months already, but OnePlus hasn´t released yet a proper OxygenOS 10 build with fastboot boot working, so it makes the flashing procedure extremely odd and weird, as booting a proper TWRP isn´t that easy without it.

We can´t recall on everyone following the huge amount of steps properly and it will create a lot of confusion between non-expert users. I have personally talked to OnePlus developers and I was told that the next build will have this issue fixed, so once it´s out we will release our version for both devices.

Hope everyone understands what I am trying to say, and if you want some speed on this, just get in touch with OnePlus community guys over the OnePlus forum and report them about the bootloader thing.

teachmeluv

Nov 14, 2012
www.trainingsmarkt.de
We have been running stable builds for the OnePlus 6 and 6T for like 2 months already, but OnePlus hasn´t released yet a proper OxygenOS 10 build with fastboot boot working, so it makes the flashing procedure extremely odd and weird, as booting a proper TWRP isn´t that easy without it.

We can´t recall on everyone following the huge amount of steps properly and it will create a lot of confusion between non-expert users. I have personally talked to OnePlus developers and I was told that the next build will have this issue fixed, so once it´s out we will release our version for both devices.

Hope everyone understands what I am trying to say, and if you want some speed on this, just get in touch with OnePlus community guys over the OnePlus forum and report them about the bootloader thing.
OOS 10.0.1 for OP 6/6T has just been released so let's just be a little bit more patient until everyone received and and it's really official. Until now it's a staged rollout and the first users will be "beta-testers" :)

ddaggebi

Jan 12, 2014
Seoul
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S

This is a good touch from devs. Thanks for notifying us. If you give out infos like this, then nobody will say **** about the PA team. I understand that there must be some reasons behind you guys not releasing thing or not notifying things, but saying things here doesn't cost much(not everyone goes to telegram channels), and it will reduce the amount of people who are asking ETAs.
Again, thanks for telling us the reason. I like PA back from N4 days, and I can wait patiently for a super stable build from you guys. Keep up the good work! Hope to see OP releasing a fixed OOS build soon.

Reactions: Totone56
G

gauravrai

I have never tested paranoid on any of my old devices but now this time I'm very keen to put it on top of my op6. Waiting for a good built

Sent from my OnePlus6 using XDA Labs

CYB3R0ID694

Mar 9, 2016
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6a
There betas and alphas are "stable" there are not many features in it which is fine for most pa users anyway

don't want to argue, but can you be specific how many Beta/Alpha builds are out or how many users actually use this ROM except few Dev's itself??

OP fixed Fastboot as asked & still waiting for any build..

maybe after Android 11 release or after Thread Anniversary?? :eek:

poezeu

Mar 8, 2014
OnePlus 3
Google Pixel 6
don't want to argue, but can you be specific how many Beta/Alpha builds are out or how many users actually use this ROM except few Dev's itself??

OP fixed Fastboot as asked & still waiting for any build..

maybe after Android 11 release or after Thread Anniversary?? :eek:
Was using pie beta along time and i would say it isnt dead if you look a bit in to it you can see things going on for op6.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

Alert Slider is not implemented yet.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Device build is unified, so don't get scared when you see oneplus6 on download. It will work on both sides.

Get the latest OnePlus 6 build HERE.

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Instructions & requirements

• Reboot to recovery (TWRP recommended)
      Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset(formatting data might be required in some cases)
      Flash OxygenOS, flash TWRP, boot to TWRP.
      Install Paranoid Android zip package, flash TWRP, boot to TWRP.
      Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

factory reset (or format data in some circumstances), flash TWRP, reboot to twrp
      Flash OOS, flash TWRP, reboot to twrp
      Flash rom, flash TWRP, reboot to TWRP
      Flash gapps and Magisk if needed
      Boot to system.

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainer for the OnePlus 6 is @markakash . Mention (@) him if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    herna, markakash
    Source Code: https://github.com/markakash/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: BETA-20190222

Created 2019-02-23
    Last Updated 2019-02-22

Such a good rom but now a days for OP6 not sure any maintainers available and also before we get stable pie we might get stable q in other roms.

We already have stable Pie for it, as well as we got the OnePlus 6 almost functional under Q.

The reason for no updates will be told in the next days. Sorry for such delay.
    PA Quartz is coming soon for OnePlus 6

Thanks to the Dev team, alpha build for PA Quartz (10.0 - yeah they are calling it with Quartz) for OnePlus 6 is coming soon!
    Take a look at PA Blog:
    https://blog.paranoidandroid.co/#/post/2019/2019-09-30-pa-quartz-alpha
    Please update the flashing instructions in the OP. It seems to be missing a lot unless things are drastically different. That simple process would normally work in the past, but no longer does in my experience.
    On this device, multiple reboots to recovery and multiple flashes of TWRP are required.
    It is typically required to...

factory reset (or format data in some circumstances), flash TWRP, reboot to twrp
    Flash OOS, flash TWRP, reboot to twrp
    Flash rom, flash TWRP, reboot to TWRP
    Flash gapps and Magisk if needed
    Boot to system.