Paranoid Android Pie Beta - OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
Well, two things. We do have WiFi calling working on the 6 and 6T, as well as the Pocophone F1. We of course want to have everything working, not sure about other developers. If I could have access to WiFi calling services in my country then it will take no time to be able to at least try it, and so far at Paranoid Android we have always even blind test if needed sometimes to get a few things running. Second, we are looking into it, but we don´t have much free time, so it could take a few days/weeks.

On a personal note, I wouldn´t recommend you using those words you are using there. If there is anyone bitching here, it´s actually you. Instead of crying, why don´t you learn a bit of code, compile by yourself and try to fix it? Developers are not your workers, and you are in NO position to ask anyone for anything, and less the way you do. So make yourself a favor, and try to be more neutral on your comments.

Well, there you get your answer. I am aware @darkobas has looked into it, as we have been doing the last 3 days. We still are searching on why it works on the 6/6T and Poco but not on 7 Pro, probably vendor side, we could give a look to the files we used on the other two devices and try using them.
You see the thing is, I actually do know a bit on how to code. And if you took that as a personal attack on you it wasn't. I've been around here quite a while. Created twrp for the OnePlus 6 then it got migrated to the 6t. In no way shape or form was I being any way negative towards you. The thing with this community here and the way it works is usually one it two good devs get the device. Usually a lineage or Omni guy. Both make trees. Once the trees are made then you have the devs that don't fix anything and just merge changes from the lineage or Omni trees. So once that's done you have 4 other lineage or Omni based ROMs with the same problems. So take WiFi calling for example. Say Luk from lineage gets it working, anyone who used lineage sources will just cherry pick that commit and have it working. I'm on your side of this. And the term bitching was probably not the correct word to use but when you have 20-30 users complaining about the same thing. I was simply just answering the question. I test every rom that comes out before any one really dives in. Hence the reason I'm on almost every thread. I've worked on quite a few ab devices and know my way around them pretty well. So in theory I'm saving people time by letting them know that a feature doesn't work. I've actually used yours. 5 minutes after you posted I tested everything. And while it was pretty smooth and everything there are a few issues. Vibration motor for one isn't updated on this. Cts is failing. Probably due to an old build fingerprint being used. Things like that. Please don't take this negative as I'm one of the most non negative people here, and just take it as me helping and answering questions people have.

herna

Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2009
twitter.com
@joemossjr Would reply but the message is too big, would like not to make the thread enormous big.

Well, we use the stock vibration motor, and CAF likes to use motors intensity differently than AOSP does, so vibrator is working good on our side.
Regarding CTS, maybe, we do have the July 12th fingerprint on it, not sure why it would fail, yet this is a beta and not my priority right now.

I am glad for suggestions and opinions, just I am against the manners I usually face on XDA, one of the many reasons why I am not as active here as I used to be the last close to 10 years in this forum.

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
@joemossjr Would reply but the message is too big, would like not to make the thread enormous big.

Well, we use the stock vibration motor, and CAF likes to use motors intensity differently than AOSP does, so vibrator is working good on our side.
Regarding CTS, maybe, we do have the July 12th fingerprint on it, not sure why it would fail, yet this is a beta and not my priority right now.

I am glad for suggestions and opinions, just I am against the manners I usually face on XDA, one of the many reasons why I am not as active here as I used to be the last close to 10 years in this forum.
That's my exact reasoning for being here. The way the people treat devs here are ridiculous. So I try to help out in any way I can. Your doing great bro keep it up!

thatruth132

Oct 1, 2007
los angeles
I am experiencing some network issues mainly almost complete drop of signal also has anybody flash the TWRP recovery image installer, is everybody using the fast food recovery method

127cwho

Nov 7, 2015
Hong Kong
May anyone points out which processes are wrong when install PA
I came from latest OOS Pie, followed this steps:
1. Reboot to fastboot
2. Fastboot boot TWRP
3. Wipe Data
4. Reboot to fastboot
5. Fastboot boot TWRP
6. Install AOSPA zip package
7. Reboot to fastboot
8. Fastboot boot TWRP
9. Install Magisk 19.3
10. Install nano Gapps
Then the device bootloop
But I can boot without Magisk and Gapps
After the first successful boot with the ROM only, I flashed Magisk in TWRP, then it bootloop again :\

Device: GM1910 (parallel goods, Chinese version, 8+256GB)

Last edited:

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
1. Reboot to fastboot
2. Fastboot boot TWRP
3. Wipe Data
4. Reboot to fastboot
5. Fastboot boot TWRP
7. Reboot to fastboot
8. Fastboot boot TWRP
9. Install Magisk 19.3
10. Install nano Gapps
Then the device bootloop
After the first successful boot with the ROM only, I flashed Magisk in TWRP, then it bootloop again :\

Step 9. Magisk 19.4 Canary build

Reactions: 127cwho

thatruth132

Oct 1, 2007
los angeles
1. Reboot to fastboot
2. Fastboot boot TWRP
3. Wipe Data
4. Reboot to fastboot
5. Fastboot boot TWRP
7. Reboot to fastboot
8. Fastboot boot TWRP
9. Install Magisk 19.3
10. Install nano Gapps
Then the device bootloop

You need to let the OOS boot up first
If you had oos installed first, wipe data then let oos boot but I had same issue until I
Did every step without using TWRP installer
Only booting from fastboot then later installing the TWRP installer

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
You need to let the OOS boot up first
If you had oos installed first, wipe data then let oos boot but I had same issue until I
Did every step without using TWRP installer
Only booting from fastboot then later installing the TWRP installer
That's not needed. Either way a format data is needed. All booting into oos will do is encrypt your data. His issues was magisk 19.3 isn't supported on new roms and causes bootloops. You need to use the new canary build

babyboy8100

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com
I'm on T-Mobile with no issues

same here, No issues what so ever... Im also on Tmobile in Los Angeles. Voice calls, sms, Bluetooth works, battery has been good. :good: This is beta but for the last couple of days I've been running it as my daily driver.

The only thing missing to make a better experience is that double tap to wake..you dont know how important Dt2w is until you dont have it. lol anyway Thanks to the PA developers for bringing this rom.
Here a quick Video if your Curious how it looks https://youtu.be/UwHJ7QsHxLM

kalawy

• May 18, 2013
    alexandria
    Just wanna make sure, if I'm on encrypted storage it should be able to boot and work as intended as long as Magisk is flashed right?

i learnt what i'm about to say the hard way

just don't do that
    it worked alright at first then a few restarts the phone doesn't accept the unlock code and twrp also .. i ended up formatting storage to be be to boot

herna

Recognized Developer
    Dec 19, 2009
    twitter.com
    same here, No issues what so ever... Im also on Tmobile in Los Angeles. Voice calls, sms, Bluetooth works, battery has been good. :good: This is beta but for the last couple of days I've been running it as my daily driver.

The only thing missing to make a better experience is that double tap to wake..you dont know how important Dt2w is until you dont have it. lol anyway Thanks to the PA developers for bringing this rom.

We do support gestures, but I have to redo the kernel, that´s why off-screen gestures are marked as a bug in the #1.

I will provide and update once I have solved it(which is the only and latest remaining thing I have to do).

And nice video, loved it!

herna

Recognized Developer
    Dec 19, 2009
    twitter.com
    Paranoid Android update - 20190730

This update for Paranoid Android on OnePlus 7 Pro includes following device specific changes:

Solved encryption issues(Magisk not needed anymore)
    Implemented camera helper(fall-protection for camera motor)(thanks PeterCxy)
    Corrected fingerprint location on Settings/UI
    Enabled Wi-Fi MAC randomization toggle(Developer Settings)
    Improved fod and display kernel side

Download link updated in OP

Last edited:

Jessetatum1337

Oct 4, 2012
    How would i install this rom coming from 9.5.10 rooted OOS? I see the install instructions but also see some members having trouble installing (magisk issues). Thanks for any help ? it's been a while since I've tinkered with an aosp rom but PA was always my favorite

herna

Recognized Developer
    Dec 19, 2009
    twitter.com
    How would i install this rom coming from 9.5.10 rooted OOS? I see the install instructions but also see some members having trouble installing (magisk issues). Thanks for any help it's been a while since I've tinkered with an aosp rom but PA was always my favorite

Well, I haven´t tried from rooted OOS but you could try the next.

Reboot to bootloader
    fastboot boot TWRP
    Format data(haven´t tried without, but I suggest doing)
    Reboot to bootloader*
    fastboot boot TWRP
    Flash AOSPA zip package
    Reboot to bootloader*
    Flash gapps if wanted

And that would be everything!

*There is a setting for that in TWRP, reboot button, bottom right, and then bootloader.

Is the raise to wake feature added?

I am working on it as well as the off-screen gestures. Will have it ready soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

Off-screen gestures won´t work.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest OnePlus 7 Pro build HERE.

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Instructions & requirements

• This device runs under OxygenOS vendor, make sure you are coming from OxygenOS Pie or flash it from twrp just before flashing AOSPA package.
        **Reboot to fastboot
        **Fastboot boot TWRP
        **Wipe Data
        Reboot to fastboot
        Fastboot boot TWRP
        Install AOSPA zip package
        Reboot to fastboot
        Fastboot boot TWRP
        Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

** Only required for the first flashing.

Important / Useful links
      OpenGapps
      Paranoid Android Twitter
      Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
      Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for OnePlus 7 Pro is @herna. Mention (@) him if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
      Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
      herna
      Source Code: [url]https://github.com/Herna1994/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
      Current Beta Version: BETA-20190725
      Beta Release Date: 2019-07-25

Created 2019-07-25
      Last Updated 2019-07-26
      Paranoid Android update - 20190730

This update for Paranoid Android on OnePlus 7 Pro includes following device specific changes:

Solved encryption issues(Magisk not needed anymore)
      Implemented camera helper(fall-protection for camera motor)(thanks PeterCxy)
      Corrected fingerprint location on Settings/UI
      Enabled Wi-Fi MAC randomization toggle(Developer Settings)
      Improved fod and display kernel side

It will come. Every OnePlus ive had since the 5 took about 2 months to figure it out. Its pretty much the amount of bitching it takes for a dev to finally say "ok ill look at it" Sadly most of the devs who got the device arent us based. Other then @darkobas hes usually the first to get it working. Then people go to other threads and say look look omni has wifi calling steal it from them.

Well, two things. We do have WiFi calling working on the 6 and 6T, as well as the Pocophone F1. We of course want to have everything working, not sure about other developers. If I could have access to WiFi calling services in my country then it will take no time to be able to at least try it, and so far at Paranoid Android we have always even blind test if needed sometimes to get a few things running. Second, we are looking into it, but we don´t have much free time, so it could take a few days/weeks.

On a personal note, I wouldn´t recommend you using those words you are using there. If there is anyone bitching here, it´s actually you. Instead of crying, why don´t you learn a bit of code, compile by yourself and try to fix it? Developers are not your workers, and you are in NO position to ask anyone for anything, and less the way you do. So make yourself a favor, and try to be more neutral on your comments.

Except that this time it looks pretty bad.... I say we can forget about it (hopefully at least) until q drops, which is just around the corner.

Well, there you get your answer. I am aware @darkobas has looked into it, as we have been doing the last 3 days. We still are searching on why it works on the 6/6T and Poco but not on 7 Pro, probably vendor side, we could give a look to the files we used on the other two devices and try using them.
      Paranoid Android update - 20190803

Selinux is now running enforced
      Performance and smoothness improvements
      Minor improvements

We do support gestures, but I have to redo the kernel, that´s why off-screen gestures are marked as a bug in the #1.

I will provide and update once I have solved it(which is the only and latest remaining thing I have to do).

And nice video, loved it!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone