• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xiaomi Mi 5

Search This thread

33bca

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2013
Basel
4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

- DT2W
- NFC

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi 5 build Mod Edit | Download links removed

Changelogs

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Requirements
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI O-based builds.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Instructions
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5)
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install AOSPA zip package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important / Useful links
Mod Edit | Download links removed

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainer for Xiaomi Mi 5 is @33bca. Mention (@) me if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobra4K

Dec 15, 2016
Kütahya
Questions about kernel

First of all, is this ROM EAS or HMP. And also is there any clock limit to 3/32 model?

I really want to try it tho. You guys were killing it on Nougat.

Last edited by a moderator:

OwnageWOT

Aug 25, 2013
Bucharest
Could you guys port stock camera from 8.0 global stable rom ?!
I try on all custom Rom all cameras but nothing good like stock camera.
I m ready to use this but only when will have stock camera.

Bby6

May 19, 2014
Rabat
Quick review of the ROM (summary)

PROS:
incredible battery life ( 5-6 SOT)
ROM is super stable (usable as daily driver)
Performance is good (no lag in PUBG)
PUBG with GFXtool : 1444p 60fps AA : on Shadows : On
Battery Saver is good
Doze mod is super active (no battery drain isssues)

CONS:
Fingerprint returns error "Enrolment was not completed, please try again with another finger"
Vendor number issue :"There is an internal problem with your device, and it might be unstable until you factory data reset." (Maybe the reason why FP isn't working)
Very limited Google Cam compatibility (Green Front cam Pictures) no matter the version Arnova, and if you get it to work with MGC, HDR is terrible

End of report
Btw Thanks for your incredible work, i love your ROM, hope my little report will help you perfect it.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Can you please tell me what kernel was used for the build?
Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

- DT2W
    - NFC

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi 5 build Mod Edit | Download links removed

Changelogs

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Requirements
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI O-based builds.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Instructions
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install AOSPA zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important / Useful links
    Mod Edit | Download links removed

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainer for Xiaomi Mi 5 is @33bca. Mention (@) me if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    Quick review of the ROM (summary)

PROS:
    incredible battery life ( 5-6 SOT)
    ROM is super stable (usable as daily driver)
    Performance is good (no lag in PUBG)
    PUBG with GFXtool : 1444p 60fps AA : on Shadows : On
    Battery Saver is good
    Doze mod is super active (no battery drain isssues)

CONS:
    Fingerprint returns error "Enrolment was not completed, please try again with another finger"
    Vendor number issue :"There is an internal problem with your device, and it might be unstable until you factory data reset." (Maybe the reason why FP isn't working)
    Very limited Google Cam compatibility (Green Front cam Pictures) no matter the version Arnova, and if you get it to work with MGC, HDR is terrible

End of report
    Btw Thanks for your incredible work, i love your ROM, hope my little report will help you perfect it.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Can you please tell me what kernel was used for the build?
    Thanks
    @33bca @Cobra4K Fingerprint sensor does not work. When registering a fingerprint it gives an error "Enrolment was not completed".