We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.
On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.
The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.
Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!
Get the latest Xiaomi Mi 8 build: Mod Edit Link Removed
Paranoid Android Pie beta released
- * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI P-based builds.
- Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
- Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
- Format /system, /data and /cache
- Install AOSPA zip package
- Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Important / Useful links
Mod Edit Link Removed
Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.
Our device maintainers for Xiaomi Mi 8 are @33bca and @TheStrix. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.
Cheers and #StayParanoid!
Last edited by a moderator: