Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xiaomi MI 9

Search This thread

onlyLyon

Apr 4, 2017
4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues
DT2W is broken

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download
Get the latest Xiaomi MI 9 builds HERE.

Changelogs
Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Instructions & requirements

• This device runs under MIUI Pie vendor, make sure you are coming from MIUI Pie or flash it from TWRP just before flashing AOSPA package.
    Boot to TWRP
    **Flash MIUI Pie (Miui Beta is recomended)
    **Format Data
    Install AOSPA zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!

** Only required for the first flashing.

Important / Useful links
OpenGapps
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for Xiaomi MI 9 is @markakash. Mention (@) him if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xiaomi MI 9, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9

Contributors
markakash
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Current Beta Version: BETA-20190807

Created 2019-08-08
Last Updated 2019-08-07
I hope you're successful and thanks for your dedication!

Question: is it possible to record phone calls under this ROM with both sides of the conversation recorded, even without using the phone speaker?

And how about anx camera support? Anyone try it and see how it works including portrait mode, slow motion video (the slow motion video support was sketchy under some ROMs)?

baggino

Jan 28, 2011
there are no additional settings, I don't like it ..
anyway thanks for your hard work

djbosanac

you cannot even maintain the PE ROM. Why do another project?
Stick with one project and keep it like that, if you have more people in you devOps then do more projects. Otherwise you will always have unfinished projects.

The PE ROM is last updated 15.07.2019...
But still with al lot of bugs, and needs to be improved.

Last edited:
Reactions: crs951 and golfinry

brainscollector

Apr 2, 2013
How about just appreciating the work and having another option than ranting because none of them are "stable" for you? It would be much better if you collect logs and actually contribute to the development. He's refining the device tree and that takes time. If you would, please, with all due respect, fix all the bugs that are currently present in the ROMs.

The dev will do whatever he wants to, and in no way will releasing more ROMs be harmful to this community.

Don't act so entitled.

Why people are such "social justice warriors" afraid of criticism and anything else than praising ?
He got the point, developing few rooms in the same time is just a waste of time and unnecessary focus deviation. It's nice to have active dev, we are very thankful for his work, probably a lot of people contributed to donations and active help such as providing logs. But such a nonsense like this, pushing almost the same rom with similar + more bugs is just waste of time.
I don't care. People have to get criticism on the chest and learn something from it, not to bounce it off with rage and red face from anger. The point is - one rom is already pushed with major stability bugs and flashing instructions on the same level like "on the full moon, exactly on the 2:04 am, spin around clockwise 700° facing the wall, in exactly 2 seconds..." if you know what I mean - you have to use exactly this and not other rom, with that vendor, flashing it in precise that and no other order, so the camera will work as long as you will flash that and no other magisk mod.... And so on... With the chance of succeed equal to me finding my dream job once for all. Sorry, but for now mi9 development is dead and wasn't even alive.

Last edited:

nicky69100

Jul 26, 2017
LYON
Why people are such "social justice warriors" afraid of criticism and anything else than praising ?
He got the point, developing few rooms in the same time is just a waste of time and unnecessary focus deviation. It's nice to have active dev, we are very thankful for his work, probably a lot of people contributed to donations and active help such as providing logs. But such a nonsense like this, pushing almost the same rom with similar + more bugs is just waste of time.
I don't care. People have to get criticism on the chest and learn something from it, not to bounce it off with rage and red face from anger. The point is - one rom is already pushed with major stability bugs and flashing instructions on the same level like "on the full moon, exactly on the 2:04 am, spin around clockwise 700° facing the wall, in exactly 2 seconds..." if you know what I mean - you have to use exactly this and not other rom, with that vendor, flashing it in precise that and no other order, so the camera will work as long as you will flash that and no other magisk mod.... And so on... With the chance of succeed equal to me finding my dream job once for all. Sorry, but for now mi9 development is dead and wasn't even alive.

Even if you are a bit rough I can understand your frustration. I had a zuk z2 previously and it has dozens of rom available. I thought mi9 being a major xiaomi phone on snap 855 we would have already some choice, but after 2 months development pace ain't speeding up. But don't worry, it began like this for zuk z2 and then it bloomed:) I hope devs keep up their efforts so we have soon functional aosp and Los roms!

herna

Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2009
twitter.com
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
Nice to see a new rom, but NFC also not working, like on Mokee Rom and PE :(

This issue has been solved, in the next build NFC will be properly working.

Does this rom fully support in-display fingerprint scanner ? Unlock animations/not overlapping with numpad on lock screen ?

Yes, it does, you won´t face any weird UI bugs, we have adjusted lockscreen so it´s all corrected.

I hope you're successful and thanks for your dedication!

Question: is it possible to record phone calls under this ROM with both sides of the conversation recorded, even without using the phone speaker?

And how about anx camera support? Anyone try it and see how it works including portrait mode, slow motion video (the slow motion video support was sketchy under some ROMs)?

Regarding record phone calls, no, we think that´s against privacy and is usually blocked in most of the countries, so we won´t provide any option for this at all. That said, if you really need it, you have tools as Magisk and maybe some module to make it work.

I can't install it it stops on the MI logo and then automatically returns to recovery. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the xiaomi.eu beta 9.8.1

Did you format data before flashing, that sounds like a encryption issue. It also could be your vendor isn´t compatible. PM @markakash so he can tell on which vendor he is.

Bluetooth don't work for me, it is the same for you ?

That sounds as a vendor issue. Which vendor are you currently running?

there are no additional settings, I don't like it ..
anyway thanks for your hard work

Paranoid Android is not a ROM focused on customization, but polishing Android. We usually focus on make the experience more complete, smooth and add little touches we do believe are neccesary. Adding ton of customizations isn´t exactly our point.

Stick with one project and keep it like that, if you have more people in you devOps then do more projects. Otherwise you will always have unfinished projects.

Well, he has been part of the PA team for a few months already, and I personally am taking care and helping him to iron out all the bugs, so PA builds will be as stable and working as we are able to get it too. That said, CAF works differently, and we use to solve the issues on framework instead of device-specific, so all devices can work as desired, but that takes time.

That said, and as Hernán, not as PA representative, he can do whatever he wants to. It is his free time and it is his device, and he can compile and share whatever he wants always he has the proper permission. So I kindly invite you to learn on developing, share proper bugs logs and help him solve the remaining issues instead of telling him what to do.

Usually, at least with CAF based ROMs the issues list uses to be smaller, but yet, it depends on which team is behind it. At PA we use to iron out the bugs for all devices at once, because most of our fixes are device common, and thanks to CAF we can solve them a bit fast using same code for all related devices.

We are trying to solve all the issues, as some of them seems to be Xiaomi related, as some fixes for Mi 9T/K20 Pro actually worked on Mi 9, so having two devs will help on solve it, but it requires time. And can I know what is major stability bug for you? I haven´t noticed anyone report any of it.

Regarding flashing instructions I think they are pretty simple and easy to follow.

That said criticism is okey, but you might understand you are no entitled for anything. None of us owes you anything, and we are in our right not to reply it, read it or even follow.

iOrpheus06

Feb 3, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S7
Xiaomi Mi 9
There goes another entitled forum user. You, spending your own free time doing what you want and deciding to share it with others is good, isn't it? No one's forcing you to use it if you don't see it as "stable enough".

Seriously, you people feel so entitled to tell the guy to just do this and that just to please yourselves. You might as well join the development of it and try to contribute by fixing the bugs yourselves if you don't have the patience to wait for the fixes.

I'd rather be a "social justice warrior" than a disrespectful person using "criticism" to disrespect one's work and tell them to do this and that instead of doing what he likes to do. It's not criticism, it's plain disrespect to his work and the time that he puts in the development of the sources and the ROMs.

Reactions: herna and invd

omgomg

Mar 3, 2008
Portugal
Good to have another option for our beloved phone.

So, this means that the PixelExperience development has come to an halt?

markakash

Jul 31, 2014
Belgium

Didn't you read my post on the previous page? If ur facing other issues except for the ones mentioned on my PE thread report with logs or don't report. You saying "lots of bugs" won't fix the issue or anything. Report with logs and ur issue will be fixed otherwise don't report.

Regards,
Akash
It's my time, I will do whatever I want in my time. I m open to criticism but with valid points which urs isn't. Talking about instructions, everything is there in my thread. Even if your don't understand, just go 10 pages further and you will see many people have posted step-by-step instructions. Even a user who knows 0 about custom roms can flash it. But instead of searching you want spoon-feeding which ain't gonna happen. Search and Read. And the same for you, report the bugs with logs or don't even bother saying anything. I can't smell your issues and fix them. Idk what ur doing with camera but camera works. All of them. Gcam works, Anx cam works. IT WORKS. Don't spread false stuff. If it doesn't then its ur issue.

Regards,
Akash

MangoMC

Aug 23, 2013
Hey

Normally i dont writing much on xda, but what i see here is so crazy. Most of you ppl are really disrespectful.
No one said u need to flash this Rom, no one said its without bugs.
And if u want to use a AOSP Rom learn how to use it. Akashs shares his work here because he wants that all ppl see the progress of the Mi9 Developement. But ppl destroy this projects with all this comments. He could also keep it on telegram or his friends who knows how to use a ****ing AOSP Rom.

Why u all only see the bugs or features that dont work and not that what works. Its not easy to develop a Rom on a device that has so much new hardware and features (FOD, SD855,...)

Again. Akash is building Roms and its not ur *** teacher. If u want to use AOSP Roms learn how to use google and read the threads on xda about how to do it

Have a nice day, and please stop posting before u dont know how to use it and how to make logs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues
    You tell me ;)

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download
    Get the latest Xiaomi MI 9 builds HERE.

Changelogs
    Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Instructions & requirements
    • This device runs under MIUI Pie vendor, make sure you are coming from MIUI Pie or flash it from TWRP just before flashing AOSPA package.
      Boot to TWRP
      **Flash MIUI Pie (Miui Beta is recomended)
      **Format Data
      Install AOSPA zip package
      Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!

** Only required for the first flashing.

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for Xiaomi MI 9 is @markakash. Mention (@) him if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xiaomi MI 9, ROM for the Xiaomi MI 9

Contributors
    markakash
    Source Code: https://github.com/markakash/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: BETA-20190807
    Beta Release Date: 2019-08-07

Created 2019-08-07
    Last Updated 2019-08-07[/QUOTE]

Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xiaomi MI 9, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9

Contributors
    markakash

Version Information

Created 2019-08-08
    Last Updated 2019-08-24
    Update on fixes coming in Next Update!
    - NFC has been fixed. We don't have NFC idle drain anymore.
    - Bluetooth audio has also been fixed.

Regards,
    Akash
    Changelog:
    - Added Single tap to wake support
    - Bluetooth issue has been fixed
    - Kernel is enforcing now
    - Random reboots has been fixed
    - Kernel upstreamed to .90
    - Switched to NQ NFC

- Initial release
    How about making One stable aosp Rom before publishing different roms with All the same Bugs? I dont think that dt2w is the only Bug in here. Its nice to have a choice but One really stable base would be much better.
    How about just appreciating the work and having another option than ranting because none of them are "stable" for you? It would be much better if you collect logs and actually contribute to the development. He's refining the device tree and that takes time. If you would, please, with all due respect, fix all the bugs that are currently present in the ROMs.

The dev will do whatever he wants to, and in no way will releasing more ROMs be harmful to this community.

Don't act so entitled.
    How about making One stable aosp Rom before publishing different roms with All the same Bugs? I dont think that dt2w is the only Bug in here. Its nice to have a choice but One really stable base would be much better.

Well, we do have d2tw working, will be in the next build, so I would say 0 bugs. We ain´t fast bring-up ROM and I can assure we don´t usually have the issues some of the other ROMs do, first because of our CAF base, vs AOSP used on others, and second because we really take care of almost everything seriously before doing anything.

I can tell this build is stable, we labelled it beta since we didn´t add the framework goodies, and there could be some minor bug/issue our maintainer might have not noticed based on his daily usage.

I do invite you to give it a test and report it back, I think you will find it more stable than you believe, as well as smoother than you think.

Don't act so entitled.

So we just got the winner for the comment of the week! Nothing else can be added to this, nailed it!

Still in beta which means they are still ironing the bugs, if you want a stable ROM stick with the stock. Moreorless all AOSP ROMs atm are in beta/testing stage.

Actually this build would be more of an stable build than a beta/testing actually, always the maintainer has followed my changes at OnePlus 7 Pro source code this build should be really stable. The thing about beta is more framework related, there is some stuff we haven´t included on it, and we will release in a non-beta release if we ever get to finish them before we start working on Q.