We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.
On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.
The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.
- Camera crashes if it detects a face
Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!
Get the latest Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite build here!
Paranoid Android Pie beta released
- * Required * firmware version must be based on P-based builds.
- Formatting/Wiping data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage (in case of a format)) is a must if you were using a different rom previously.
- Boot recovery from fastboot (TWRP recovery for Mi A2 Lite)
- Format/Wipe /system and /data
- Install AOSPA zip package
- Install [optional] TWRP flashable
You have to reboot TWRP to the "new" slot to install GApps!
Important / Useful links
TWRP (bootable): https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397933315
TWRP (flashable): https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397933316
Forced encryption disabler: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397907941
Kernel source: https://github.com/33bca/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953
Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.
Our device maintainer for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is @33bca. Mention (@) me if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.
Cheers and #StayParanoid!