• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

33bca

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2013
Basel
4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

- DT2W

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S build Mod Edit Link Removed

Changelogs

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Requirements
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI P-based builds.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Instructions
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install AOSPA zip package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important / Useful links
Mod Edit Link Removed

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S are @33bca and @TheStrix. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorisnov

Mar 14, 2011
Valencia
As said before, rom is excelent in performance.

Is there any possibility on adding some customization? Like picking accent color, change clock possition or change phones font.

Thanks you guys for your work.

Last edited:

Vercety87

Sep 24, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for your work.

Just installed the rom on my device.

My first impression is wow ! very smooth!!!

What I tested:

WORKS:

Music via bluetooth headphone
Phonecall via bluetooth headphone
Wireless charging
GPS
NFC
Google Pay
Root with Magisk
Dual Sim
Google Camera BSG Port (https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/)

DOESN'T WORKS
Dark theme

WHAT I DO:
Set minimum DPI to 390 in develloper option
Register my GSF ID to get play store certification: https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
Install SystemUI Tuner to launch Twitter and Instagram in full Immersive mode (liked it on MIUI with fullscreen gesture ^^)

Very great works!

Last edited:

Firipu

Mar 7, 2011
Anyone with Dual Sim tried it? Does it work?

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Anyone tried it with Dual Sim? Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

- DT2W

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S build Mod Edit Link Removed

Changelogs

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Requirements
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI P-based builds.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Instructions
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install AOSPA zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important / Useful links
    Mod Edit Link Removed

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S are @33bca and @TheStrix. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    As said before, rom is excelent in performance.

Is there any possibility on adding some customization? Like picking accent color, change clock possition or change phones font.

Thanks you guys for your work.

Thats just a first beta release, features will come in the future ?
    I'm joining the Mi Mix 2S community soon as I'm going to buy it :fingers-crossed:
    I'm so happy to see this rom here! Great job :eek: