• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xperia X Compact

Search This thread

tomgus1

Jan 23, 2011
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Download
kugo

Changelogs
See post #2

Requirements
* Required * you must have the latest OEM image from SODP
Formatting data (all user data is wiped) is a must if coming from another ROM.

Instructions
Flash latest OEM Image for Loire from here
Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery)
Format /system, /data and /cache
Install AOSPA zip package
Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainer for Xperia X Compact is @tomgus1 Mention (@) me if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android Pie Beta, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Compact

Contributors
tomgus1
Source Code: https://github.com/tomgus1/kernel

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-02-21
Last Updated 2019-03-13

Last edited:

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
Great job, so is there any initial bug list? To know whats working and what's not before flashing the rom?

Btw can the future update be dirty flashed?

tomgus1

Jan 23, 2011
Great job, so is there any initial bug list? To know whats working and what's not before flashing the rom?

So far it's very stable and I've not really seen any bugs in the past 3 months or so. If you find any that would (not) be awesome!

In the future dirty flashing will be acceptable for updates.

Reactions: Kianush

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
So far it's very stable and I've not really seen any bugs in the past 3 months or so. If you find any that would (not) be awesome!

Thanks for the answer, how about lagging?(specially in games)
@harryharryharry's omnirom is pretty good so far except some micro lags specially in games are visible, in stock oreo (with root and everything) there was absolutely no lag whatsoever! Considering all the bloatwere in stock in comparison with aosp/omni

tageen

Jan 8, 2013
Hat Yai
Help

I've just unlocked bootloader from stock rom, then I flashed oem V5, twrp. before Install PA rom
but it's too long to boot up so I back to stock for now. any help??
Do I need to put rom in external SD card first then format data before flash?? :confused:

tomgus1

Jan 23, 2011
I've just unlocked bootloader from stock rom, then I flashed oem V5, twrp. before Install PA rom
but it's too long to boot up so I back to stock for now. any help??
Do I need to put rom in external SD card first then format data before flash?? :confused:

Initial boot will take a while to boot. It should however not take long on any subsequent boots, probably 15-20 seconds at most.

tageen

Jan 8, 2013
Hat Yai
Still has a problem

Initial boot will take a while to boot. It should however not take long on any subsequent boots, probably 15-20 seconds at most.
so what can I do ? :crying:

Edit: I put rom in ext SD and format data ---> install from ext SD and its boot time around 3 min
bug : crash camera app, swipe up home button
contact don't show after sync

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Download
    kugo

Changelogs
    See post #2

Requirements
    * Required * you must have the latest OEM image from SODP
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped) is a must if coming from another ROM.

Instructions
    Flash latest OEM Image for Loire from here
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install AOSPA zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainer for Xperia X Compact is @tomgus1 Mention (@) me if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Pie Beta, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Compact

Contributors
    tomgus1
    Source Code: https://github.com/tomgus1/kernel

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-02-21
    Last Updated 2019-03-13
    feedback for devs: issues so far

Here are some issues I found so far, in no particular order:
    ● wifi will not connect to a hidden SSID network - normally the procedure is turn on SSID broadcast, connect to network, disconnect, hide SSID, turn on wifi and then it connects again. Previous ROMs on this device have done this, PA 9 doesn't for me. (the app "Hidden SSID enabler" no longer works either)
    ● I am using an old N-router, 72 mbps. Under PA 9 the device will only connect at 24 mbps, while under stock rom it connected at 72 mbps
    ● when in Settings I tap in the text box to search settings, sometimes it throws me into the search apps textbox instead, sometimes it just throws me onto the home screen. After doing this a few times, I get a dialog box "Search Suggestions keeps stopping", and it offers me "App Info" or "Close App". If I choose App info it takes me to the app "Settings Suggestions"
    ● I do not see how to get rid of the search bar on the home screen. In other versions I think this could be turned off in the System UI tuner which appeared together with developer options. However, I cannot find it now. The brilliant UI designers at google have moved it. There is an app for Pie called "UI Tuner Launcher" which is supposed to enable the UI tuner, but I see no option to remove the search bar in what appears
    ● sometimes when pressing the power button quickly to wake up the device, the screen comes on but the device is frozen. A restart of the device works, and now I also found that sometimes pulling down the settings and choosing something there and closing it works, at other times that is not possible. Also sometimes one can launch an app and quit it and that works to unfreeze the device. This freezing is intermittent, it doesn't happen all the time, perhaps 1/5
    ● I use the app "tinycore" to show a cpu utilization perf meter in the status bar - handy to detect if something is milling away in the background that shouldn't be, eating up your battery. In android 7 or 8 they decided that cpu utilization information was a security risk (?) and so it only works on rooted devices now. Anyway, it appears to me that at rest the cpu utilization is higher in AOSPA 9 (~5-10%) (with only few apps installed) than it was for example for stock rom 6.0.1 (~1-3%), with all its bloatware
    ● bluetooth connects, if I play some audio initially it plays, but then after only <30 seconds it goes silent, while on the device it still shows connected. The music player is still playing. If I halt it, disconnect bluetooth, reconnect, it plays again for a few seconds and then the same. (the bluetooth device is 80% charged). CPU usage just to play an mp3 over bluetooth is 40-50%, while for comparison on an old Z2 with stock rom it is 10-20%
    ● when I install another keyboard, such as Fleksy, I cannot deactivate the standard AOSP keyboard to use Fleksy. I could not install the Xperia keyboard at all ( I tried 2 versions). Anysoftkeyboard works though and it's open source and it and looks promising

Thank you for this ROM. The aesthetics and look and feel are tastefully done, down to details such as the included sounds. If some of the critical issues above such as freezing on wakeup and bluetooth could be fixed this could be my daily driver
    Changelog:

- widevine support
    - wireguard in kernel
    - kcal in kernel
    - v6 oem support
    - enforced selinux support
    - improved boot times
    - power hal improvements
    - many kernel optimisations

Initial Beta release

Located source of crash

@tomgus1, many users that were trying the pie beta were experiencing the reboot to recovery loop after flashing the image. There seems to be a problem with com.sony.qcrilam. That application keeps crashing rapidly, which in turns triggers RescueParty. What can be done about this? Is there a way to disable com.sony.qcrilam? or to make android believe that it is always connected to usb?