Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xperia X Compact

Search This thread

john97

Sep 27, 2015
Here are some issues I found so far, in no particular order:
● wifi will not connect to a hidden SSID network - normally the procedure is turn on SSID broadcast, connect to network, disconnect, hide SSID, turn on wifi and then it connects again. Previous ROMs on this device have done this, PA 9 doesn't for me. (the app "Hidden SSID enabler" no longer works either)

This one is solved.
New in Pie -- you don't have to temporarily broadcast the SSID as before. When you connect a new wifi network with hidden SSID, after entering the password, fold away the keyboard, otherwise there is not enough room on an X compact screen, select Advanced Settings, scroll all the way down to the bottom, there is a setting for Hidden SSID. Flip that to Yes/On and you're set.

Fardin Rehman

Jun 14, 2018
Dhaka
I've flashed this ROM 2 days ago and I'm loving it but the only thing that upsets me is the poor battery life. It also drains my battery even when I'm not using the phone and some times my phone lags and stays lagged until I press power and volume up to reboot it. Other than that this ROM is amazing

Reactions: evilorb

john97

Sep 27, 2015

● bluetooth connects, if I play some audio initially it plays, but then after only <30 seconds it goes silent, while on the device it still shows connected. The music player is still playing. If I halt it, disconnect bluetooth, reconnect, it plays again for a few seconds and then the same. (the bluetooth device is 80% charged)

If I turn off NFC, then playing music over bluetooth goes further - a few minutes instead of seconds - before freezing. It is as if that frees up some room in a buffer, which nevertheless eventually becomes full, and then locks up the bluetooth connection. Just a hypothesis

john97

Sep 27, 2015
is this an update?

@tomgus1
I look forward to seeing the next version of AOSPA 9 for X compact, to see if the previously cited issues have been resolved.
I noticed that at the download link the file has been updated on 2019-03-17, but the filename still includes 2019-02-21, so I am wondering if this is an update with bug fixes?

Thanks

nervousapp

Jul 12, 2016
From the previous Paranoid Pie I tried to update today with the last downloadable file, just wiped data, system, cache with oem v6. I'm now unable to install gapps, no apps appear to be installed ...

EDIT : Tried to clean flash with full wipe => SAME, gapps insttallation is fine but no applications when booting up ...

Last edited:
Reactions: cholowcoast

john97

Sep 27, 2015
another issue - cannot send regular SMS to some numbers ?

I cannot send regular SMS to some numbers. To others I can.
My carrier says that I should set the SMS center number.
This is normally set in a setting in the regular Messaging app.
However, in AOSPA 9 there is no setting for this in the regular Messaging app.

On this page:
https://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperiax/faq/apps-&-settings/02310188062479649013b85478398007a6a/
I found another way to do it.
In the phone enter *#*#4636#*#*
choose Phone Information
scroll down to SMSC
select Refresh
select Update

When I select Refresh, the correct SMS center number appears for my carrier. However, when I select Update, this does not store the number which was found.
The next time I go back into the same setting, the SMSC field is blank again,
and SMS still cannot be sent to some numbers.

?

4dyrp

Apr 9, 2019
Automatically restarts in recovery

The phone automatically restarts to recovery after power on. What is the problem?

Last edited:

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
@tomgus1 what is the version of adreno drivers on this rom? and how does it run on heavy games? because on omnirom there is lags on almost all games even clash royale! I read somewhere that somehow vulkan drivers are messing around on pie but dont know the details...

Abd.Basir

May 11, 2019
fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v8_loire.img
already manage to flash the oem and also the aosp but i can't get through the android , its stuck at the 4 image like dot . i try reboot the system with gapps and without the gapps, the result it same. please again help me..

AnonDz

Jan 4, 2013
already manage to flash the oem and also the aosp but i can't get through the android , its stuck at the 4 image like dot . i try reboot the system with gapps and without the gapps, the result it same. please again help me..

go in twrp wipe advance formate cache system and data then install the rom again it will start normaly

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

the rom starts but after few seconds restarting to recovery

Abd.Basir

May 11, 2019
go in twrp wipe advance formate cache system and data then install the rom again it will start normaly

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

the rom starts but after few seconds restarting to recovery

so u mean i need to restart the system for a few time?? am i correct??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Download
    kugo

Changelogs
    See post #2

Requirements
    * Required * you must have the latest OEM image from SODP
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped) is a must if coming from another ROM.

Instructions
    Flash latest OEM Image for Loire from here
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install AOSPA zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainer for Xperia X Compact is @tomgus1 Mention (@) me if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Pie Beta, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Compact

Contributors
    tomgus1
    Source Code: https://github.com/tomgus1/kernel

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-02-21
    Last Updated 2019-03-13
    feedback for devs: issues so far

● wifi will not connect to a hidden SSID network - normally the procedure is turn on SSID broadcast, connect to network, disconnect, hide SSID, turn on wifi and then it connects again. Previous ROMs on this device have done this, PA 9 doesn't for me. (the app "Hidden SSID enabler" no longer works either)
    ● I am using an old N-router, 72 mbps. Under PA 9 the device will only connect at 24 mbps, while under stock rom it connected at 72 mbps
    ● when in Settings I tap in the text box to search settings, sometimes it throws me into the search apps textbox instead, sometimes it just throws me onto the home screen. After doing this a few times, I get a dialog box "Search Suggestions keeps stopping", and it offers me "App Info" or "Close App". If I choose App info it takes me to the app "Settings Suggestions"
    ● I do not see how to get rid of the search bar on the home screen. In other versions I think this could be turned off in the System UI tuner which appeared together with developer options. However, I cannot find it now. The brilliant UI designers at google have moved it. There is an app for Pie called "UI Tuner Launcher" which is supposed to enable the UI tuner, but I see no option to remove the search bar in what appears
    ● sometimes when pressing the power button quickly to wake up the device, the screen comes on but the device is frozen. A restart of the device works, and now I also found that sometimes pulling down the settings and choosing something there and closing it works, at other times that is not possible. Also sometimes one can launch an app and quit it and that works to unfreeze the device. This freezing is intermittent, it doesn't happen all the time, perhaps 1/5
    ● I use the app "tinycore" to show a cpu utilization perf meter in the status bar - handy to detect if something is milling away in the background that shouldn't be, eating up your battery. In android 7 or 8 they decided that cpu utilization information was a security risk (?) and so it only works on rooted devices now. Anyway, it appears to me that at rest the cpu utilization is higher in AOSPA 9 (~5-10%) (with only few apps installed) than it was for example for stock rom 6.0.1 (~1-3%), with all its bloatware
    ● bluetooth connects, if I play some audio initially it plays, but then after only <30 seconds it goes silent, while on the device it still shows connected. The music player is still playing. If I halt it, disconnect bluetooth, reconnect, it plays again for a few seconds and then the same. (the bluetooth device is 80% charged). CPU usage just to play an mp3 over bluetooth is 40-50%, while for comparison on an old Z2 with stock rom it is 10-20%
    ● when I install another keyboard, such as Fleksy, I cannot deactivate the standard AOSP keyboard to use Fleksy. I could not install the Xperia keyboard at all ( I tried 2 versions). Anysoftkeyboard works though and it's open source and it and looks promising

Thank you for this ROM. The aesthetics and look and feel are tastefully done, down to details such as the included sounds. If some of the critical issues above such as freezing on wakeup and bluetooth could be fixed this could be my daily driver
    Changelog:

- widevine support
    - wireguard in kernel
    - kcal in kernel
    - v6 oem support
    - enforced selinux support
    - improved boot times
    - power hal improvements
    - many kernel optimisations

Initial Beta release
    Great job, so is there any initial bug list? To know whats working and what's not before flashing the rom?

Btw can the future update be dirty flashed?

So far it's very stable and I've not really seen any bugs in the past 3 months or so. If you find any that would (not) be awesome!

In the future dirty flashing will be acceptable for updates.
    Located source of crash

@tomgus1, many users that were trying the pie beta were experiencing the reboot to recovery loop after flashing the image. There seems to be a problem with com.sony.qcrilam. That application keeps crashing rapidly, which in turns triggers RescueParty. What can be done about this? Is there a way to disable com.sony.qcrilam? or to make android believe that it is always connected to usb?