• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xperia X

Search This thread

realthrash

Feb 26, 2013
Mexico
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Reactions: Ace2213

Ace2213

Jan 21, 2013
São Paulo

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    13.3 KB · Views: 137

Ace2213

Jan 21, 2013
São Paulo
You don' needt to open the fle (you cant)
Just flash it through adb or TWRP

I'm only opening it to check if it works because it's faster than trying every single file in twrp.

It finally worked! I had tried a normal install of the zip via twrp and adb sideload of the zip and the img, but I hadn't tried directly installing the img and it just worked!

Now I look like such an idiot :D thank you for at least letting me rule out that it could be a download problem

Ace2213

Jan 21, 2013
São Paulo
Spoke too soon. The image flashed successfully in twrp, but the system won't finish booting. Stays stuck on the boot animation. Already tried repeating the process several times. Here are the steps I've taken:

-wipe system, data, cache, delvik
-flash OEM image v5
-flash ROM
-flash gapps
-flash magisk
-reboot

Fail. So I did this:
-wipe everything again
-flash v5
-flash ROM
-reboot

Fail.

-flash ROM
-flash v5
-reboot

Fail.

-flash v6
-flash ROM
-reboot

Fail

-flash ROM
-flash v6
-reboot

Fail. It's been stuck for over 15 minutes. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my phone? Also, are other people able to open the OEM image on Windows or do they also receive the corrupt file error?

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my phone? Also, are other people able to open the OEM image on Windows or do they also receive the corrupt file error?

You need to FORMAT data, not wipe it. From twrp menu, go to Wipe and you'll see the "Format data" option.

Also I don't think the OEM img is meant to be mounted in Windows.

Last edited:

Ace2213

Jan 21, 2013
São Paulo
You need to FORMAT data, not wipe it. From twrp menu, go to Wipe and you'll see the "Format data" option.

Thank you. Can't believe it was that simple. I hadn't set up encryption or secure boot or anything like that so I didn't think it'd be necessary.

Also I don't think the OEM img is meant to be mounted in Windows.

Well no, but theoretically it should be accessible as any other img file.

pmatj

Apr 13, 2019
Hi,
I just got the Xperia X from my wife (and it tooked me quite a while to downgrade and backup TA) but erverything worked so far..
However, I'd like to use microG on this device and for that I either need the capability of signature spoofing enabled or a deodexed rom:
So is it possible to either enable sigspoof or get this rom deodexed?

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
Well no, but theoretically it should be accessible as any other img file.

I don't think so, since Android runs on a different file system (ext4fs instead of FAT32/NTFS) and Windows doesn't natively support it. You could probably mount it in Linux and see what's inside though.

Also can you download a few games and check out the performance? Things run embarassingly slow on my side and I wonder if i was doing something wrong.

Ace2213

Jan 21, 2013
São Paulo
Also can you download a few games and check out the performance? Things run embarassingly slow on my side and I wonder if i was doing something wrong.

Everything is running fine and snappy. The only issue I've ran into is that the native dark mode only affects QS, but Swift works fine with root. Also, the clock is on the left with no apparent option to move it to the center. I'll dig around for mods. I remember a substratum mod that does that. The volume controls are limited. You only get the one bar and clicking the settings button takes you to the page instead of opening more bars, but that's no big deal.

I haven't installed anything too demanding. What kind of games do you want me to test? Have you tried checking the config in kernel auditor?

Ace2213

Jan 21, 2013
São Paulo
Hi,
I just got the Xperia X from my wife (and it tooked me quite a while to downgrade and backup TA) but erverything worked so far..
However, I'd like to use microG on this device and for that I either need the capability of signature spoofing enabled or a deodexed rom:
So is it possible to either enable sigspoof or get this rom deodexed?
I've tried microG before and I have to ask. Why? It's honestly not worth all the hassle and sacrifice imo.

I didn't even bother backing up drm keys and have noticed no difference in camera quality. My back camera is pretty moody though and only shows up whenever it feels like, but that was before I unlocked the bootloader. And if anything, in this ROM, flash ALWAYS works, even when the camera isn't, which is nice because I use flash a lot more often than I use the camera. Just wish there was a way to use the front camera to scan QR codes in apps like whatsapp.

Last edited:

pmatj

Apr 13, 2019
Well, one of the facts for switchting to microG is leaving these walled gardens und gaining control about the device I own and especially over the data which is send somewhere to the cloud. (As of now, I've switched to the other "competitor" Lineage 15.1 and microG is working like a charm.)

But the question was not why but instead if/how it is possible to enable sig-spoofing on the device using this rom.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Hey so I have this annoying bug that no sound is working. I think it's something with the phone because I already had this bug before and switching the audio output with soundabout or something similar made it work again, but with this rom even that doesn't fix this.

lucianoporta97

Nov 20, 2013
Ok, I flashed the oem firmware, the rom, gapps and magisk. Installed Busybox and MagiskHide Props module and now everything's working. Not even Pokemon Go is giving me problems. However, whenever I try to update to the latest build (032019, the one that should use v6) the software downloads a file called pa_suzu-7.3.1-RELEASE-20171030-signed.zip. There is no way this update belongs to my device, right? I mean, its apparently from 2017.

Ok, I flashed the oem firmware, the rom, gapps and magisk. Installed Busybox and MagiskHide Props module and now everything's working. Not even Pokemon Go is giving me problems. However, whenever I try to update to the latest build (032019, the one that should use v6) the software downloads a file called pa_suzu-7.3.1-RELEASE-20171030-signed.zip. There is no way this update belongs to my device, right? I mean, its apparently from 2017.
Updater in settings is bugged and downloads old ROM...
.zip flashing is a must for now so we're waiting for new build (unless you know how to build it yourself [emoji6])

Sent from my Xperia X (AOSPA) using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Download

Suzu

Suzu_ds - coming soon

Changelogs

Paranoid Android Blog

Requirements
    * Required * you must have the latest OEM image from SODP
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped) is a must if coming from another ROM.

Instructions
    Flash latest OEM Image for Loire from here
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install AOSPA zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Install Magisk (advisable otherwise GApps may not work)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainer for Xperia X is @tomgus1 Mention (@) me if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Source Code: [url]https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/kernel[/URL]
    Here my impression after almost a week of use, hope this is helpfull to developers and users too:

Overall system perfomance and stability:
    Very very smooth in everything you do. Only a couple of times the system frozed and after something like 5 seconds soft-rebooted itself, one time from system settings and the other one during gmail app configuration. No other major issue in this department after that.

Connectivity:
    Phone signal is very strong.
    WiFi works well but sometimes hangs when switching between networks (e.g. when I go from home to work sometimes it shows that is connected to the home network even if it's obviusly out of range).
    Bluetooth works well with headphones but bad with my car radio (I hear very clear when calling but the other side doesn't hear nothing); regarding the last point I'm sure is not my car because it as always worked well with stock and continues to work well with other devices.

Battery Life:
    Almost equal to stock after a couple of days to let it set. A bit worse but not tragically so.

Overall the ROM is the best Pie experience so far, at least in my opinion. Hope to see soon some update :).
    So,when the new build will be up is recommended to use v6 OEM or we can stay with v5? Should clean flash or simply update?

Currently waiting on the guy in charge of building to do that.

As for the updating, all you need to do is update by flashing the zip and flash v6 OEM.
    We noticed this ourselves today. We have a fix already and will be included in our next build.
    Thanks for the work! this rom is fast and less bug..here some screenshot too!!:)
    Ah sorry guys, I'll add that to the OP.

Personally I've been running this for a few months as daily and I'm pretty happy with it. We just never got round to building for suzu as I'd put in a stupid flag that was causing a 4-5 minute boot time. ?*♂️