Paranoid Android Quartz 4 - Xiaomi MI 8

Search This thread

erostiff

Oct 19, 2006
possible to encrypt from os

/cache is unnecessary.

Hi,

i tried encrypting the phone from the os. It went to the necessary steps, but then the phone rebooted and was stuck loading. after booting up recovery my data was corrupted and had to restart setting up the phone. Any guide or recommendations for encrypting?

kaiseryeahhh

Oct 31, 2008
I came from trying out the pixel experience that I don't know why after 2/3 days it always got half hung up, the partition persisted and it had to be formatted
I've been a week with this one and it's going very well and I've only had problems with some gcam that wants to use the x2 camera and it closes.

Changelog
  • Upstream AOSPA changes
  • Update to Apr SPL
  • Update common blobs to MIUI V11.0.4.0
  • Build with user variant and selinux enforcing
  • Buildin gapps by default as per official device
  • Swith back to prebuilt audio HAL
  • Merge latest F2FS driver with arter97's rapid GC changes
  • Improve status bar rounded corners when notch is hidden
  • Upstream AOSPA changes
  • Update to Feb SPL
  • Switch to MIUI Q stable blobs
  • Overall Bluetooth stack update
  • Switch to OSS audio HAL (need further testing)
  • Kernel update

• First release

hey, how to skip faceunlock thing when building? im currently buidl for beryllium

companyja

Nov 10, 2016
I tried this rom and it was pretty weird, the scrolling was weirdly delayed and smoothed out compared to Lineage (with both stock and disrupt kernel). It just felt very sluggish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    H7UTOo7.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

You tell me.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Requirements

Make sure you've latest Stable firmware flashed before flashing the ROM.

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi MI 8 build Download

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them.

Paranoid Android Quartz released

Instructions

• This device runs under MIUI global vendor, make sure you are coming from latest MIUI global stable release or flash it from twrp just before flashing PA package.

**Reboot to fastboot
      **Fastboot boot TWRP
      **Format Data
      Reboot to fastboot
      Fastboot boot TWRP
      Install PA zip package
      Reboot

** Only required for the first flashing, and maybe optional.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Quartz - Xiaomi Mi 8, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8

Contributors
    YumeMichi
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Q stable release

Version Information

Created 2020-01-11
    Last Updated 2020-07-22
    Here is official Quartz 3 for dipper. Cheers:highfive:
    Reserved

Official release
    New build is up
    • AOSPA upstream
    • Update to Feb SPL
    • Switch to MIUI Q stable blobs
    • Overall Bluetooth stack update
    • Switch to OSS audio HAL (need further testing)
    • Kernel update
    Big update is comming.