• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Paranoid Android Quartz 5 - Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro

Search This thread

herna

Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2009
twitter.com

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FAHI7sQc.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:
Donate

Device-specific issues

You tell me.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi 8Pro build Download

UNOFFICIAL build Download

Changelogs
* Fixed Night Light (unofficial)
* Fixed Kayguard layout for FoD (unofficial)

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them.

Paranoid Android Quartz released

Instructions

• Reboot to TWRP
    Swipe to factory reset
    Install PA zip package
    Reboot

Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community for Mi845 devices (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro

Contributors
herna, mickaelmendes50
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Quartz 4
Stable Release Date: 2020-07-21

Created 2020-07-20
Last Updated 2020-11-15

jwhan

Sep 27, 2019
Nanking
Till now I havent found any bug in this rom:good:. Thanks for your sharing. I'd love to give you a little suggestion about the Volume Panel. Can you add the fingerprint and face unlock vibrations switch in the next update? It would be much great if your can consider it. Anyway, I really appreciate your excellent work.

hafizhlf

Oct 3, 2015
The only bugs i found is screen blinking when unlocking using fingerprint, and would you mind porting miui camera to this device, nice rom btw, and thnk you for this rom

shimsho

Dec 22, 2016
tnx for your hard work mate
style and wallpaper not appear in display setting.
recent panel in gesture bar some times appear full screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200808-142125.jpg
    Screenshot_20200808-142125.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Screenshot_20200808-142215.jpg
    Screenshot_20200808-142215.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot_20200808-142225.jpg
    Screenshot_20200808-142225.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 301

Iwaninho16

Dec 13, 2012
Facial unlock

Hi,

The rom is very smooth, everything works very well on my Mi8pro. Just a question. With miui the facial unlock worked even if there was no light in the ambient. Now it doesn't work in that condition.

Is there something i could do?

Thanks a lot for your work!!!
Ivano

jwhan

Sep 27, 2019
Nanking
Hi,

The rom is very smooth, everything works very well on my Mi8pro. Just a question. With miui the facial unlock worked even if there was no light in the ambient. Now it doesn't work in that condition.

Is there something i could do?

Thanks a lot for your work!!!

Ivano

Find this link on build.prop:
vendor.camera.aux.packagelist=org.codeaurora.snapcam,com.android.camera,org.lineageos.snap

Delete org.lineageos.snap and add co.aospa.facesense instead

And also add this line bellow:
ro.face.ext_service.cam_id=5

Then reboot your phone, enjoy[emoji2]

Also you can join the telegram group @mi8proGlobalOfficial to get more about it.

Last edited:

civiex

Oct 18, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
very cool that they did support for mi 8 pro. this will make your firmware practically the only one that users of this gadget will install. now on the firmware market for mi 8 pro in Russia there is only miui firmware and the like. but the problem is that the mi 8 pro does not have normal twrp support. I've been looking for a working twrp on the forums for over a week. I like the firmware, even in spite of some lags, which are rare. mainly related to stability. If I were you, I would have embedded gcam into the firmware, since this is the only normal camera that can give good work to photo modules. in general you are great, keep it up, if the updates are stable, you can make a paid upgrade. even $ 1-2 will help you support the project. the main thing is that there is always a free version to try !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FAHI7sQc.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:
    Donate

Device-specific issues

You tell me.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi 8Pro build Download

UNOFFICIAL build Download

Changelogs
    * Fixed Night Light (unofficial)
    * Fixed Kayguard layout for FoD (unofficial)

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them.

Paranoid Android Quartz released

Instructions

• Reboot to TWRP
      Swipe to factory reset
      Install PA zip package
      Reboot

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community for Mi845 devices (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro

Contributors
    herna, mickaelmendes50
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Quartz 4
    Stable Release Date: 2020-07-21

Created 2020-07-20
    Last Updated 2020-11-15
    Thank you for reply, I try your instruction but I can’t boot to system alway boot at the logo only, same with clean flash rom. :(
    I had the same problem.
    the only way to resolve it was to flash the official miui and then flash PA
    Try to reboot your device and disable the fingerprint.
    Now I have solved this problem.Later I will post the steps.Thank you all the same.