Paranoid Android Quartz 5 - Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro

Search This thread

jwhan

very cool that they did support for mi 8 pro. this will make your firmware practically the only one that users of this gadget will install. now on the firmware market for mi 8 pro in Russia there is only miui firmware and the like. but the problem is that the mi 8 pro does not have normal twrp support. I've been looking for a working twrp on the forums for over a week. I like the firmware, even in spite of some lags, which are rare. mainly related to stability. If I were you, I would have embedded gcam into the firmware, since this is the only normal camera that can give good work to photo modules. in general you are great, keep it up, if the updates are stable, you can make a paid upgrade. even $ 1-2 will help you support the project. the main thing is that there is always a free version to try !!

You can use the twrp made by wzsx150. Also you can download the Gcam from the Gcam channel if you want to install the Gcam. And the Q5 has released on last month:)

mrizamaulana

Dec 27, 2017
Network Problem

After one month I updated from quartz 4 to quartz 5, the network problems appeared, I tried with the dirty flash still in trouble, is there any way other than the clean flash?

Last edited:
Till now I havent found any bug in this rom:good:. Thanks for your sharing. I'd love to give you a little suggestion about the Volume Panel. Can you add the fingerprint and face unlock vibrations switch in the next update? It would be much great if your can consider it. Anyway, I really appreciate your excellent work.

It's present in Quartz 5. :D

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

The only bugs i found is screen blinking when unlocking using fingerprint, and would you mind porting miui camera to this device, nice rom btw, and thnk you for this rom

There's no need to port MIUI Cam. You can install the ANX Magisk module and get it easily.

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

I also found out HDR playback doesn't display colors properly.

Thanks to Xiaomi and its poor implementation of HDR for Mi845 family.

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

Hi,

The rom is very smooth, everything works very well on my Mi8pro. Just a question. With miui the facial unlock worked even if there was no light in the ambient. Now it doesn't work in that condition.

Is there something i could do?

Thanks a lot for your work!!!
Ivano

IR Cam is now used by default for our FaceSense Service. (Quartz 5)
You'll be able to use it in dark ambients.

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

I am eager to try this, but.
I wanna ask, is this ROM passes Google SafetyNet and Can use banking apps and download Netflix from Google Play Store?

Yes, SafetyNet works even without Magisk Hide or any haxx.
You can use your bank apps with no issues :D

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

very cool that they did support for mi 8 pro. this will make your firmware practically the only one that users of this gadget will install. now on the firmware market for mi 8 pro in Russia there is only miui firmware and the like. but the problem is that the mi 8 pro does not have normal twrp support. I've been looking for a working twrp on the forums for over a week. I like the firmware, even in spite of some lags, which are rare. mainly related to stability. If I were you, I would have embedded gcam into the firmware, since this is the only normal camera that can give good work to photo modules. in general you are great, keep it up, if the updates are stable, you can make a paid upgrade. even $ 1-2 will help you support the project. the main thing is that there is always a free version to try !!

Getting money ins't our Focus, but a Donate will be appreciate :D

I talked with a friend from TWRP Team and he's working in the official TWRP for Mi 8 Pro.
Tests are already done and It seems to works fine, so you can expect it to be officially supported by TWRP soon.

KUHLAB

Nov 22, 2020
Can I use f2fs with PA rom?

Hi everyone and dev.
I have a question about f2fs cache and data it possible to change ext4 to f2fs and it working, I tried to find kernel and instruction to do that but I fault to find kernel and know how, Can some one help me to prove it, last I just new with android this first device mi8pro.

BYRMN13

Nov 8, 2019
Hi All,

First of all, I want to thank the Dev team who willing to working on this PA OS for this device.

So I really need someone help cause since I'm not an expert at this so I want to minimalize the possibilities messed up with my phone, I actually successfully install custom from on my mi 8 pro but with proper and instruction for, how to do it in the right way, so my mi 8 pro is currently running Havoc OS 2.9 which is based on Pie I choose to install this OS cause relly don't like MIUI in terms of their UI (I'm a big fan of android vanilla), and I'm really excited to upgrade my device to Android Q os basis, so yeah, I found this post and I really want to give it a try, so since its a different OS from the previous one so I'm I need someone to give me a step by step instruction for it including which TWRP and Official OS version that I should use to ensure that this PA OS to work in my device, I that would be great for some other people too who are not expert in this kinda thing just like me, so yeah, I hope someone willing to do it and I will really appreciate it, thank in advance. :)

Note: Sorry for my bad English tho.

Last edited:
Hi everyone and dev.
I have a question about f2fs cache and data it possible to change ext4 to f2fs and it working, I tried to find kernel and instruction to do that but I fault to find kernel and know how, Can some one help me to prove it, last I just new with android this first device mi8pro.
PA has F2FS support already included, no need to flash anything.
For using it, change the filesystem for /data partition only, otherwise it won't boot. (Keep cache ext4)

KUHLAB

Nov 22, 2020
PA has F2FS support already included, no need to flash anything.
For using it, change the filesystem for /data partition only, otherwise it won't boot. (Keep cache ext4)

Thank you for reply, I try your instruction but I can’t boot to system alway boot at the logo only, same with clean flash rom. :(

Last edited:

BYRMN13

Nov 8, 2019
Download the twrp from twrp official website. As version you should flash first, you can flash any MIUI based on Android Q first.

Could you please provide me the link which works on your device? cause as far as I know there's still no official version for mi 8 pro especially for Android 10 based ROM. :'(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Paranoid Android Quartz 5 - Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FAHI7sQc.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:
    Donate

Device-specific issues

You tell me.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi 8Pro build Download

UNOFFICIAL build Download

Changelogs
    * Fixed Night Light (unofficial)
    * Fixed Kayguard layout for FoD (unofficial)

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them.

Paranoid Android Quartz released

Instructions

• Reboot to TWRP
      Swipe to factory reset
      Install PA zip package
      Reboot

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community for Mi845 devices (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro

Contributors
    herna, mickaelmendes50
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Quartz 4
    Stable Release Date: 2020-07-21

Created 2020-07-20
    Last Updated 2020-11-15
    Thank you for reply, I try your instruction but I can’t boot to system alway boot at the logo only, same with clean flash rom. :(
    I had the same problem.
    the only way to resolve it was to flash the official miui and then flash PA
    Try to reboot your device and disable the fingerprint.
    Now I have solved this problem.Later I will post the steps.Thank you all the same.