Paranoid Android Quartz 5 - Xiaomi MI 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

the_trev2

Jul 10, 2019
Weird bug I've had since clean flash; DC dimming will automatically turn on at the phone's sunset trigger. I know that DC dimming breaks the night light, but if I want to keep dimming permanently off and night light permanently on, this isn't currently possible.

I hope that explained the problem clearly enough!

Cave_diver

Feb 15, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Weird bug I've had since clean flash; DC dimming will automatically turn on at the phone's sunset trigger. I know that DC dimming breaks the night light, but if I want to keep dimming permanently off and night light permanently on, this isn't currently possible.

I hope that explained the problem clearly enough!

Try to turn it back on and then disable / remove the schedule. After doing that, turn it back off.
It probably uses the schedule even though the dc dimming is turned off, so this trick should fix it.

the_trev2

Jul 10, 2019
Turns out it's just me being an idiot. I've been using the slider to turn it on and off, not realising you can actually select dimming to a schedule by itself. Sorry!

Thank you for the rom, and responding to queries, even if they are silly

nomaj

Apr 28, 2012
Love this ROM!

Only thing that was annoying to me is google assistant left button.

I manage to disable it wia TWRP.
Boot to TWRP - mount System partiton - with file manager in TWEP navigate to >>> /system_root/system/usr/keylayout/ <<<
Find >>> gpio-keys.kl <<< file and copy it to phone storage.
Connect your phone to computer and edit that file with Notepad++ or similar:

find >>> key 689 VOICE_ASSIST <<<
and replace with >>> #key 689 VOICE_ASSIST <<<

Get back the edited file to the phone storage... and with file manager from TWRP copy to original location ...
Reboot your phone... and Enjoy ;)

Maybe is there simpler method.. but this is how is working in my case.
Hope that dev will add the option or remove it in future releases. Once again kudos to dev - this is the best ROM for Mi9.

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
@Cave_diver, I have some glitch on games like Clash Royal.
Seems like It's related to Quantic-Kernel, because I checked Drepfest ROM with and without Quantic-Kernel.

Do you have any recommendation or Do you know any other AOSP kernel for Mi9?

Cave_diver

Feb 15, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
I have problems of severe battery draining at night. Any one else experiencing this?

As toscha42 said, please check to see if you have the pocket detection enabled or are using one of the proximity features in the ambient display.
Using the proximity sensor prevents the device from deep sleeping.

@Cave_diver, I have some glitch on games like Clash Royal.
Seems like It's related to Quantic-Kernel, because I checked Drepfest ROM with and without Quantic-Kernel.

Do you have any recommendation or Do you know any other AOSP kernel for Mi9?

I doubt there is any other working custom kernel at this point and probably not one about to come considering we are in a phase of the ROM's switching over to R.

Tancredus

Jan 20, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 9
I have problems of severe battery draining at night. Any one else experiencing this?

sorry double posted and don't know how to delete it

Last edited:

Chibbo

Hello, can anyone help, Ive flashed the rom and when i try to reboot to system phone gets back to twrp. also phone storage isnt detected in windows so after I format data I have no way to get the rom zip on the phone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AHI7sQc.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 5 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

• Miracast / Wireless Casting not working

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Requirements

Make sure you are running the stable V12.0.1.0.QFAEUXM firmware before flashing the ROM.
    You can download it from here: Cepheus Firmware

If this the first time you are installing a custom ROM, make sure to flash vbmeta.img using the following command:
    Code:
     fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img --disable-verity --disable-verification

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi MI 9 build: Download

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Quartz released

Instructions

We highly recommend to use 3.3.1-62 (newer if available) of Mauronofrio's version of his recovery for flashing PA.

• Reboot to TWRP
    • Format data *
    • Reboot back to recovery
    • Flash PA zip **
    • Reboot

* Only required for the first flashing, and maybe optional.
    ** Note: GAPPS is included in the zip

Sources
    Paranoid Android Github
    Kernel Sources

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Quartz, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9

Contributors
    markakash, Cave_diver, herna
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: V12.0.1.0.QFAEUXM

Version Information

Created 2019-11-04
    Last Updated 2020-09-02
    Quartz 5 changelog

• September security patchset.
    • App Locker version 1.1.
    • DC Dimming.
    • Lockscreen SmartSpace.
    • Ringer Mode Gestures.
    • New FOD icon and animation.
    • Permissions Hub.

Cepheus Quartz 5 device specific changelog

• WLAN Calling (VoWifi) fixed
    • Random/reboots freezes resolved
    • Switched to a vendor-based GPS implementation
    • Bluetooth improved (non-working media control and many other issues resolved, including low BT volume)
    • Various audio/video encoding issues fixed, e.g. FB Messenger audio recordings
    • Double-tap to wake now works
    • Vendor files/blobs updated to Miui 12
    • NEW KERNEL: Quantic Illusion - thank you @Ayrton990!

Known bugs:
    • Miracast / Wireless Casting not working
    AzmFWnT.png

New Paranoid Android build is live!

Note: This isn't OFFICIAL build, OFFICIAL one will come soon.

Changelog:

- April security patch
    - Kernel upstreamed to .175
    - Many source side changes
    - Android Auto works
    - FOD improvements from LOS
    - Blobs updated to LA.UM.8.1.r1-14500-sm8150.0
    - Safety Net passes out of the box.
    - Many other improvements
    - Kernel is set to Enforcing

Note: Gapps is included

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/4EgAHSSS#xG_VC_pLZvjp3bq_ICF41uMwDU19ASuoWKD3g99DnJ0

Enjoy :)
    #StayParanoid​
    New build is out, Go check it?