We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.
On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.
Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.
- This is an alpha build. Expect issues and hiccups here and there.
- And hence, we decided to not publish the device tree as it’s very incomplete for the time being. It’ll be published later when the build stablizes.
- arter97 kernel is included by default.
- Open GApps nano is included.
- The builds were possible this early thanks to 33bca’s work on Mi 9T.
- See below for list of issues. Those will be gradually ironed out in the future.
- Magisk is included by default.
- SELinux is permissive.
- SafetyNet check will fail.
- Lawnchair is included by default.
- Fingerprint sensor only works by tapping on it instead of pressing down the power button.
- Call audio is broken.
- VoLTE, VoWiFi doesn't work.
- There are occasional lock-ups upon screen-off.
- Cutout overlay isn't here yet. 2 front-facing cameras will show as a 2 separate holes.
- No other breakages were spotted in terms of hardware functionality.
- There’s a lot of room left for future performance and battery optimizations.
Custom kernels are NOT supported!
Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa, as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.
- Stock recovery is required. Restore stock recovery if you have TWRP installed.
- PC with the latest fastboot is required. Download fastboot from here.
- Download all files from the link above and extract it to plain "img" files.
- Enter fastboot mode by holding down Volume-down and Power button upon rebooting.
- The device will show "FASTBOOT" with a blue font.
- Enter fastbootd mode by entering the following:
fastboot reboot fastboot
- Flash the images by entering the following:
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Enter recovery by entering the following:
fastboot reboot recovery
- Use the stock recovery and wipe data
- Reboot and enjoy
Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.
Cheers and #StayParanoid!
Paranoid Android Quartz for Poco X2, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X2
ROM OS Version: Android 10
Last Updated 2020-03-28