Paranoid Android Quartz - Xiaomi Mi 9T / Redmi K20

Search This thread

ssonicmail

Oct 19, 2010
Hi all, had anyone tested video recording frame drop using this rom?
It's pretty apparent on stock rom , and really annoying. I've tried all gcams with all bitrate and some 3rd party apps, all the same, framerate is never consistent, I was wondering is this room fixes it.

LaurenceGough

Aug 12, 2013
Hi all, I've tried searching but cannot find out.

Is Widevine L1 supported with this ROM on Mi 9T (EU edition / hardware)?

And is it a CAF based ROM please?

Thanks!

Last edited:

joseph 007

Oct 18, 2017
Thodupuzha
Hi all, I've tried searching but cannot find out.

Is Widevine L1 supported with this ROM on Mi 9T (EU edition / hardware)?

And is it a CAF based ROM please?

Thanks!

Yes it does I guess it's an stable ro. Except for FOD that one is a bit buggy but still who cares about it if you are getting more than 10+ hours sot I even managed to get 14 hours on a single charge that's the best Ive got out of all roms so far so this one is the best custom rom among all these roms in terms of practicality.
(
( ( I've tried pixel experience , Ros ( it's dope in terms of features but a big nop in terms of battery life , lineage ( 2nd best but lacks lte+ mode and all fine other than that ) )

so I have been used to coming back to this rom each and every time
)

And yes it's based on Qualcomms aurora platform
specially optimised for sd devices
and that's one of the major reason why this rom is better than those other roms.

LaurenceGough

Aug 12, 2013
Yes it does I guess it's an stable ro. Except for FOD that one is a bit buggy but still who cares about it if you are getting more than 10+ hours sot I even managed to get 14 hours on a single charge that's the best Ive got out of all roms so far so this one is the best custom rom among all these roms in terms of practicality.
(
( ( I've tried pixel experience , Ros ( it's dope in terms of features but a big nop in terms of battery life , lineage ( 2nd best but lacks lte+ mode and all fine other than that ) )

so I have been used to coming back to this rom each and every time
)

And yes it's based on Qualcomms aurora platform
specially optimised for sd devices
and that's one of the major reason why this rom is better than those other roms.

Thanks so much for your help :good: Sounds great!
Does FOD work with the screen off like the stock MIUI ROM?

It's funny - I see some people saying that Pixel Experience gets the best battery life but I'd imagine both are far better than stock MIUI!

joseph 007

Oct 18, 2017
Thodupuzha
Thanks so much for your help :goo
Does FOD work with the screen off like the stock MIUI ROM?

It's funny - I see some people saying that Pixel Experience gets the best battery life but I'd imagine both are far better than stock MIUI!

MOST UNDERRATED ROM FOR MI9T

nop , FOD is a bit buggy and it mostly doesn't work in the normal way so there is no way it's going to work in ambient mode

*Atleast not that I know of and I really dont mind this I use double tap to wake and then pattern.

* ASOP can't be comapared CAF interms of efficiency as well as performance Ive tried disabling most of the **** like Google assistant and all other unnecessary **** in both of em and I've seen the results the best I got out of pixel experience was 7-8 and it always remained the same and with pa always brightness above 25% I got minimum 10 hours+ and till 14 hours ilie every 50% = 7 hours+ .

So no way any other roms other than the upcoming
syberia os ( ruby ) edition which I believe is CAF based is a potential competitor to this beautiful rom

I previously owned a zuk z2 plus and that had a rom called Jaguar rom which was one the best roms I've used as you know it only has a qaud core but still it used to go neck to neck with other latest phone via exclusive modifications and timely improvements and updates made by the OP and that one was also bit mixed up with CAF extensions. this rom reminds me of that work but sadly people didn't notice this good rom as all of em need features instead of practicality which I strongly oppose atleast this is all I can say about this rom from my perspective .:highfive:

Atleast try with rom once in your phone then I guarantee you that you will gradually fall in love with this ROM*
*Only if you are a practical minded guy if need all the unwanted bells and whistles this is not the rom you are looking for , you should rather flash *ROS*

*CHECKOUT THE SCREENSHOT It's MY RaNDOm Usage like browsing , checking social media , watching video on google Chrome *

NB : my Signal Reception is very poor and brightness is at 25-30%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201110-010646.jpg
    Screenshot_20201110-010646.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

djdelarosa25

May 27, 2014
Moto Z Play
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
How many times will AOSPA "reinvent" themselves only for them to release a few official builds (only one in this case, and only then is it pretty buggy) and just disappear again? What a joke. Very sorry to those who will get offended by this, but AOSPA has been this way for years now. So many good developers yet the project itself has some problems with how they operate. Oh well.

Last edited:

joseph 007

Oct 18, 2017
Thodupuzha
How many times will AOSPA "reinvent" themselves only for them to release a few official builds (only one in this case, and only then is it pretty buggy) and just disappear again? What a joke. Very sorry to those who will get offended by this, but AOSPA has been this way for years now. So many good developers yet the project itself has some problems with how they operate. Oh well.

actually the basic idea of the ROM is the best out there it has all the necessary features but development and its progression is the only bad thing about this , but honestly I would say this ROM is even worth using via payment becoz its efficiency is that great and this is one the few pure CAF roms out there ( they are very rare , for our device from what I know this is the only one , other than that syberia 11 os with has some caf extensions mixed up with asop.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FH7UTOo7.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience. This time around he have his wallpaper app Abstruct, were you will be able to find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers alongside a huge amount of amazing wallpapers.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues
    You tell me

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download
    Get the latest Xiaomi Mi9T / Redmi K20 build HERE.

Changelogs
    Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Instructions & requirements
    This ROM runs under MIUI 11 (Android 10 / Q) vendor, make sure you are coming from MIUI 11 (Android 10 / Q) or flash it from TWRP just before flashing AOSPA package.

Boot to TWRP
    **Flash MIUI Stable Q Global or China (I recommend using at least MIUI V11.0.4.0 or newer)
    **Format Data
    Install AOSPA zip package (You need to make a cleaninstall (swipe to wipe) if you are updating from alpha to beta)

** Only required for the first flashing.

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for Xiaomi Mi9T / Redmi K20 is @33bca. Mention (@) him if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Quartz - Xiaomi Mi 9T / Redmi K20, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors
    33bca
    Source Code: https://github.com/33bca/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm6150

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14

Version Information
    Current Version: Beta 1
    Current Release Date: 2019-02-01

Created 2019-09-30
    Last Updated 2019-02-01
    Device Changelog:
    01.02.2020 - Release 4
    - Initial release
    - Many changes, cant tell you all of them tbh :eek:

01.02.2020 - Alpha
    - We are enforcing now!
    - Improved Performance (again.. you will love it even more)
    - Updated blobs to global stable
    - Added ParanoidDoze
    - Fixed DT2W
    - Fixed AOD transition
    - Fixed stereo sound
    - Fixed layout on biometric auth dialog
    - Misc. changes you wont notice, but love

06.11.2019 - Alpha
    - Improved Performance (you will love it)
    - Improved FOD
    - Fixed issues with CameraMotor
    - Added DT2W
    - Added CameraMotor light
    - Added Wireless-Display

01.10.2019 - Alpha
    - Initial release
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

Its update time again! I know it was a long time so dont waste any time and grab the latest update from the OP. :p

Here is the device specific changelog:
    - We are enforcing now!
    - Improved Performance (again.. you will love it even more)
    - Updated blobs to global stable
    - Added ParanoidDoze
    - Fixed DT2W
    - Fixed AOD transition
    - Fixed stereo sound
    - Fixed layout on biometric auth dialog

Please note that you have to clean flash because builds from now on will ship signed.
    FAQ:
    ANX Camera doesn't work!
    Thats becuase of the newly added sepolicy. But dont worry, ANX provides a fix for this.

Fingerprint doesnt work with screen off
    Its intendet to work like that, but you can enable AOD if you want it that bad ;D

Fingerprint doesnt work all the time
    We have noticed some users facing issuers with the fingerprint.
    Adding the finger multiple times seems to help increasing its speed.

Google Pay doesnt work
    Here you go: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79953438&postcount=2

The beta release bootloops!
    Did you do a cleanflash? If yes also try to wipe system and install pa again.
    Hey everyone

Its update time! Grab the latest update from the OP.

Here is the device specific changelog:
    - Improved Performance (you will love it)
    - Fixed issues with CameraMotor
    - Added DT2W
    - Added CameraMotor light
    - Added Wireless-Display

Please note that you have to flash your mods (like gapps and magisk) again if you were using them