Development Paranoid Android Ruby Alpha 1 - OnePlus 9

Search This thread

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
just wanted to chime in and say i am also getting the abdominal state warning. i see others say to work though it and ignore so thats what im going to do, beyond that everything been going great.

edit: Here is some more feedback hope it helps.

• abdominal state warning like the others
  • cant seem to find advanced reboot via power button like most A11 phones/OOS
  • the launcher bottom bar still re-populates apps even after i declined its use. its also gltiching out the icons. my settings icon now has the bluetooth logo.
  • my crypto wallet app SafePal, weather i install form the playstore of my own apk, will freeze on launch. i have the right to uninstall/stop it but unable to clear cache or user data. it will warn that it is a system app (it isnt)
  • Installing youtube Vanced via the youtube vanced manager is not possible, it will just report back that it is unavailable. possibly an easy fix but i haven't looked yet
  • no per app icon management. i really enjoyed that form OOS but probably the lowest priority in the scale of things.
  • a lot of google-fi additions, not sure if google just decided to throw that in with thier support packages. either way, there just seems to be more google bloat in this release than OOS, which with a name like paranoid android, i assumed the opposite. (would love a de-googled release which we could just manage which version of GApps personally)
  • display options that OOS 11 supports on OP9 are missing and almost a dealbreaker for me.

Honestly, this is stable and I couldn't be happier to see developers start to release and support ROMs for OP9 finally but I dont know if this is for me. I always assumed paranoid android was a privacy focused release but that doesnt seem to be the case. it removes the OOS builtin spyware that i usually have to remove but adds even more from google. the lack of personalizing GApps is really what im not a fan of. I ROM for that, this release is a great step in the right direction.

A11 makes debloating even harder so unless I can choose what Gapps are added and not, Its just a deal breaker for me. The other would be a lack of system updates.

Beggers cant be choosers and so happy you have released this but Ill be on the next available ROM if it allows customized GApp deployment and/or builtin system updates.

Last edited:

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Rocky Hill
Honestly, this is stable and I couldn't be happier to see developers start to release and support ROMs for OP9 finally but I dont know if this is for me. I always assumed paranoid android was a privacy focused release but that doesnt seem to be the case. it removes the OOS builtin spyware that i usually have to remove but adds even more from google. the lack of personalizing GApps is really what im not a fan of. I ROM for that, this release is a great step in the right direction.

A11 makes debloating even harder so unless I can choose what Gapps are added and not, Its just a deal breaker for me. The other would be a lack of system updates.
We definitely aren't a big privacy focused ROM that de-googles anything and everything. Our GMS package is fairly minimal. It ships most of the "core" stuff that people use on a day to day basis.

Google Fi is to make sure its supported for those users out of the box. SetupWizard has some interesting bits if you have the Google Fi stuff installed at the time of setup. It's also nice not to have to install anything for carrier support.

Reactions: applyscience

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
just wanted to chime in and say i am also getting the abdominal state warning. i see others say to work though it and ignore so thats what im going to do, beyond that everything been going great.

any plan on ota updates for this in the future?

We definitely aren't a big privacy focused ROM that de-googles anything and everything. Our GMS package is fairly minimal. It ships most of the "core" stuff that people use on a day to day basis.

Google Fi is to make sure its supported for those users out of the box. SetupWizard has some interesting bits if you have the Google Fi stuff installed at the time of setup. It's also nice not to have to install anything for carrier support.
i didnt word it properly, it was my assumption based on the name. never once have i ever seen it pushed as a privacy focused release, this is 100% my idiotic assumption.

the only thing i cant get to work is my crypto wallet app. literally everything else is functioning as good, if not better than OOS. i hoped removing the android wallet plugin would be the answer, but its removed and still not working.

When it tries to run, i get an error in the log that states

"Error missing config for PLH"

it may not be related, but i attempted to open the app 5 times while watching logs and that was the only error to consistently come up (that i was aware of) ill try to dig deeper on this but im awful with A11.

Thanks again for the release

Edit: i cant tell if touch response is better or worse. its different, but im not sure if i just got use to the awfulness of OP9s touch responsiveness and this is improved or what. All i know is its different. hopefully someone who may experience this as well can articulate it better than I.

Last edited:

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
Msm is only way outta aospa. I had to do on the op8 to get back. This rom utilizes both slots. So you can't fastboot set active other = wipe data boot into stock.
i cant get this PA installed phone to be recoghnized by my older MSMtool for OP9, or the newer repack form a few weeks ago. in and out of windows 10 test mode countless times and countless repairs of the driver for qualcomm and various version. im at my wits end

ZVNexus

is there an official stance on this?​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We are very excited to announce the beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues
    White Balance
    Auto Brightness can be a bit wonky but otherwise works fine.
    Dimensions aren't complete.
    Likely a ton of other stuff.

These are just the most prominent to me. Don't come into this with the expectation any issue you come across will be fixed in a timely manner.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Oh, this works on the Pro variant for the most part (they are unified).

Download

Instructions
    1. Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name)
    2. Reboot to bootloader.
    3. Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip"
    4. Reboot into recovery after it is done flashing & wipe userdata.