Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 1 - Mi 9T/Redmi K20

Search This thread

megam4n

Oct 3, 2008
Anyone facing this weird problem that you open an app and is just a black screen with only the status bar to be shown on the phone?

I've noticed that it happens every morning in first use, like the phone goes some sort of sleep that I can navigate to the app drawer but when open the apps, I only get a black screen where the app should show...

Master_T

May 11, 2011
Anyone else has been having WiFi stability issues with this ROM?

It's really the only problem I have so far: sometimes the WiFi starts disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds/minutes making connection unstable and draining battery. Only solution is to restart the device, but sooner or later the problem reappears. Is it just me?

Cni

Oct 26, 2012
You have to enable it in the settings for it to work. Works great then.

Are you on the latest version of this ROM? Battery life seems to be better.

I did however have the FOD bug come up when it appeared at top left corner instead of the correct place however. Easy fix, just turn off screen and back on again.

Yes, lastest.

This last days seems that the battery isnt as good also... :( and GPS is slow again. I have the GPS problem with all android 11 ROMs, it works but its slow, navigating with google maps becomes laggy and its a mess.

LaurenceGough

Aug 12, 2013
Yes, lastest.

This last days seems that the battery isnt as good also... :( and GPS is slow again. I have the GPS problem with all android 11 ROMs, it works but its slow, navigating with google maps becomes laggy and its a mess.

Go for LineageOS - it may be Android 10 for now but who cares, little difference.

PS our phone's SoC (processor) has no CAF tags at all so I see 0 need for a CAF ROM. The whole point of a CAF rom is it contains fixes for specific SoCs, but not for our phone as SoC is not listed.

Reactions: Cni and Orestisgia

xbom

Jan 31, 2021

It's really the only problem I have so far: sometimes the WiFi starts disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds/minutes making connection unstable and draining battery. Only solution is to restart the device, but sooner or later the problem reappears. Is it just me?

I have the same issue

megam4n

Oct 3, 2008

From which firmware you came?
I was in the latest xiaomi.eu 12.0.6 stable before I installed this ROM and have no issues regarding wifi...

noonlord

Oct 29, 2015
Go for LineageOS - it may be Android 10 for now but who cares, little difference.

PS our phone's SoC (processor) has no CAF tags at all so I see 0 need for a CAF ROM. The whole point of a CAF rom is it contains fixes for specific SoCs, but not for our phone as SoC is not listed.
not every SoC needs a specific tag for it

Noobvansh

Jun 28, 2020
Lucknow,India
NODtq2E.jpg

We are very excited to announce the Beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Changelogs
Code:
Official Ruby Beta 1.

Device-specific issues
1. You tell!

Note: Android 11 FW required. Install it from here.

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download

Instructions
  • Note - you need to be on Android 11 firmware.
  • Download the latest zip we released.
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the recovery zip on recovery
  • Format data.
  • Reboot to system.

Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android, ROM for the Mi A3

Contributors

NeoArian, Noonlord
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm6150

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
Based On: CAF

Version Information
Beta
Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 2
Beta Release Date: 2021-02-01

Created 2021-02-03
Last Updated 2021-02-03
[/QUOTEseems really smooth one thanks

Last edited:

boxemall

Feb 2, 2012
Updated to "https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/davinci/weekly/21.1.28/"
&
Flashed "https://build.aospa.co/prerelease/davinci/pa-ruby-beta-1-davinci-20210202.zip"

After reboot all worked fine without any errors. I then went on and rebooted into TWRP (twrp-3.5.0_9-0-davinci.img)

i tried installing the "new" Magisk 22.0 using the instructions on the magisk website. since this is not directly a rom related question, i wonder if the rom might be incompatible with the new v22 approach or vice versa?

has anyone else tried this so far?

regards

Mr.Jay

Aug 7, 2012
Updated to "https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/davinci/weekly/21.1.28/"
&
Flashed "https://build.aospa.co/prerelease/davinci/pa-ruby-beta-1-davinci-20210202.zip"

After reboot all worked fine without any errors. I then went on and rebooted into TWRP (twrp-3.5.0_9-0-davinci.img)

i tried installing the "new" Magisk 22.0 using the instructions on the magisk website. since this is not directly a rom related question, i wonder if the rom might be incompatible with the new v22 approach or vice versa?

has anyone else tried this so far?

regards

In my case I tried flashing Magisk 21.2 zip that I have saved on the internal storage via TWRP, then updated via Magisk manager and all working so far so good even banking apps and GPay (I haven't tried paying with the phone jet but at least I can set up my card without problems)

It would be interesting if anyone tries installing Magisk 22 directly using the new steps

boxemall

Feb 2, 2012
In my case I tried flashing Magisk 21.2 zip that I have saved on the internal storage via TWRP, then updated via Magisk manager and all working so far so good even banking apps and GPay (I haven't tried paying with the phone jet but at least I can set up my card without problems)

It would be interesting if anyone tries installing Magisk 22 directly using the new steps
i found this:
"https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/page-2228#post-84603817"

it may be worth to retry with "recovery" unchecked and do it manually. xiaomi seems weird as it seems lol

Reactions: Mr.Jay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NODtq2E.jpg

We are very excited to announce the Beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Changelogs
    Code:
    Official Ruby Beta 1.

Device-specific issues
    1. You tell!

Note: Android 11 FW required. Install it from here.

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download

Instructions
    • Note - you need to be on Android 11 firmware.
    • Download the latest zip we released.
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the recovery zip on recovery
    • Format data.
    • Reboot to system.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Mi A3

Contributors

NeoArian, Noonlord
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm6150

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 2
    Beta Release Date: 2021-02-01

Created 2021-02-03
    Last Updated 2021-02-03
    New build is up!
    Drive link
    Changelog:
    January security patch
    Added face unlock
    Added expandable volume panel from LineageOS
    Added edge lightning
    Added brightness bar positions (always on top brightness bar)
    Added autobrightness icon toggle
    Added QS tile for disabling peeking notifications
    Updated to a CAF compatible kernel
    Faster boot times
    Safetynet passes with Magisk hide
    Screenshot strip is now black instead of gray
    LOS 18.1 is out on Pig's Telegram group.
    so? did anyone ask lol?
    WHOAAA sir thanks thanks we were waiting this rom omg thanks sir caf android11 paranoid android thanks sir thanks for everything senpai good job 😍😍😍
    anx camera didn't work and i get some strange thing.. FOD icon was on top right corner and i couln't unlock it:LOL:
    Yes, this seems to happen if you have your phone landscape in any way when trying to unlock phone. :D

Is ANX camera supposed to be better than flashing GCAM?

Just as an update for XDA, I installed the latest Xiaomi Mi 9T firmware found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-redmi-k20-davinci-auto-updated-daily.3955314 then I installed the latest ROM from Telegram group for this ROM (dirty flash and wiped cache partitions in recovery).

It seems to have fixed this fingerprint issue but I've only done it recently. Also SafetyNet now passes without anything extra required. L1 Widevine status is kept. Perfect, great work guys on the ROM!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone