Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 4 - Mi A3

Search This thread

Sairagav

Umm. A change for Beta 2 which i would like to talk about here.

I changed the minimum frequencies to 1056Mhz and 1017Mhz for BIG and LITTLE Clusters respectively. As of what i've calculated right now with Kdrag0n's bench and Sultan's bench, and I have removed the inefficient frequencies.

Now my point of talking here about it is basically to let you guys know that it would be intentional if your CPU doesn't go lower than 1056Mhz and 1017Mhz. According to my testing, battery is as Beta 1 (if not Alpha 1).
I am open to suggestions after the beta 2 release. :)

That's cool. Good that you are trying these values. I'll test out battery performance wen beta 2 comes out. Although I trust that your actions will be for the best :)

loooking forward for release mate! good luck

Reactions: Beep-Bop

JULIUS.CEASAR

Jun 7, 2020
This rom is really smooth and everything is working fine for me except the proximity sensor and the gyroscope because they are not working at all.

redleroux47

Jan 4, 2021
  • Note - you need to be on Stock 11 firmware.
  • Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name)
  • Reboot to fastboot
  • Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip"
  • Reboot to recovery and format data.
  • Reboot to system.
I just want to know if this rom will set up recovery for me (power + volume up key if i remember correctly) and i just have to unlock fastboot and do this step to install it ?

bahad124

Jan 22, 2021
Hello guys. I think i did everything right but after vipe data/ factory reset step my phone starts 3 time and then i have only black screen now. When i connected to pc i can hear sound but i dunno what happened to phone. Did i bricked it ? Can someone help ?

redleroux47

Jan 4, 2021
Hello guys. I think i did everything right but after vipe data/ factory reset step my phone starts 3 time and then i have only black screen now. When i connected to pc i can hear sound but i dunno what happened to phone. Did i bricked it ? Can someone help ?
your phone was on android 10 or 11 before installing it ?
Can you access fasboot ?

redleroux47

Jan 4, 2021
it was 11 i updated from Ota. It's bricked now i'm trying to save it with Qfil but i couldn't pass the sahara errors. No fastboot but it's on Edl mode
if you try to flash from the EU firmware then the problem comes him you can try the global version but you will have a problem with the sim card you just have to wait the next EU firmware if you have EU version but can still flash Global without using sim card
I am guessing you have EU version if it is Global then i can't really help you srry
just in case you have to reboot EDL mode after each download

srry for my english

bahad124

Jan 22, 2021
if you try to flash from the EU firmware then the problem comes him you can try the global version but you will have a problem with the sim card you just have to wait the next EU firmware if you have EU version but can still flash Global without using sim card
I am guessing you have EU version if it is Global then i can't really help you srry
just in case you have to reboot EDL mode after each download

srry for my english
Yeap i am using EU variant. My phone bricked now i'm trying to unbrick for 10 hours but i couldn't Qfil always giving the sahara error and mi flash stucking on flashing. I have no idea what should i do now :D

redleroux47

Jan 4, 2021
Yeap i am using EU variant. My phone bricked now i'm trying to unbrick for 10 hours but i couldn't Qfil always giving the sahara error and mi flash stucking on flashing. I have no idea what should i do now :D
Follow this guide and use his firmware it worked for me (i'm also using EU variant ) but you will have issue with the sim card but at least your phone will work again
--> https://c.mi.com/thread-3527044-1-0.html

KanzHz19

Jan 7, 2016
What kind of errors are you having with Sahara? I got same problem and the solution was use QFIL in Windows 7 or Linux, for some reason it seems that Windows 10 blocks the Sahara from flashing. And at the moment of flashing, make sure that turning the phone on EDL mode is the last thing you do, if you take to long connecting the device and flashing, Sahara gives errors too. Sorry is my English it's no perfect

Reactions: bahad124

redleroux47

Jan 4, 2021
What kind of errors are you having with Sahara? I got same problem and the solution was use QFIL in Windows 7 or Linux, for some reason it seems that Windows 10 blocks the Sahara from flashing. And at the moment of flashing, make sure that turning the phone on EDL mode is the last thing you do, if you take to long connecting the device and flashing, Sahara gives errors too. Sorry is my English it's no perfect
did you flash your device using
V12.0.1.0.RFQEUXM
?

tejas1903

Dec 28, 2014
Pune
I don't do synthetic benchmarks. it's more of looking into overall jank/jitter.
Idle drain is still 0% for me as of now, will give it some more time tho.

In the meanwhile, getting 8.5%/hr active drain. Hoping it's for the best before i release.

Bro, thank you for your work. Last time when I was using Alpha and having troubles and asked for your advise... you said I can move to A10 without a problem, I took your advice and as of now I am running A10 on it without much hickups.. I am now afraid to update to A11 because I am not even in India now..so if something goes wrong then I don't want to go through the trouble of unbricking the phone.. Instead, if, in the meantime you release Beta 2, then I would prefer to use that as my daily driver....in that case, could you please advise me as to how should I proceed? Many Thanks again!

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
OnePlus 9 Pro
Bro, thank you for your work. Last time when I was using Alpha and having troubles and asked for your advise... you said I can move to A10 without a problem, I took your advice and as of now I am running A10 on it without much hickups.. I am now afraid to update to A11 because I am not even in India now..so if something goes wrong then I don't want to go through the trouble of unbricking the phone.. Instead, if, in the meantime you release Beta 2, then I would prefer to use that as my daily driver....in that case, could you please advise me as to how should I proceed? Many Thanks again!
It's all written in Telegram group (i am inactive there for now cuz busy with personal work)

Beep-Bop

Mar 17, 2017
Using live wallpaper and then opening the PA customization app makes the customization app crash, I am not uploading any logs since it's easy to reproduce. ( I use google's digital well being live wallpaper experiments )

Last edited:

Beep-Bop

Mar 17, 2017
I am not uploading any logs since it's easy to reproduce.

Live Captions feature doesn't work and the spot for On-screen FP is smaller than stock also using it changes the brightness to max, of the whole screen.

I wish there was a gesture to slide down the keyboard when using immersive navigation feature.

The default green is perfect for dark theme but looks too light on white of light theme.

Regardless
Amazing ROM! Love it ❤

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    apcfa70.png

We are very excited to announce the Beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Changelogs
    Code:
    Official Ruby Beta 3.

Device-specific issues
    1. You tell!

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included. Please be on the latest Android 11 update released by Xiaomi. Incase if you have issues with Sensors/persist, please reflash stock 11 from fastboot.

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download - Beta 4.

Instructions
    • Note - you need to be on Stock 11 firmware.
    • Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name) with Beta 4 tag.
    • Reboot to fastboot
    • Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-ruby-4-laurel_sprout-20210506-beta-signed-image.zip"
    • Reboot to recovery and format data.
    • Reboot to system.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Mi A3

Contributors

ZVNexus, xboxfanj, Vishalcj17
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_laurel_sprout

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Alpha
    Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 4
    Beta Release Date: 2021-02-25

Created 2020-11-23
    Last Updated 2021-05-07
    Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 4 is out!

This build is Production/User and is Enforcing.

This vendor is based off CAF tag :- 'LA.UM.9.11.r1-03200-NICOBAR.0'', and has been updated completely to R. The usage of stock vendor/blobs is only for camera and not anything else.

Device sided Changelog:-
    • Kernel optimisations.
    • Changes to frequency tables.
    • Fixed DT2W on AOD.
    • Updated brightness overlays.
    • Updated vendor to LA.UM.9.11.r1-03200-NICOBAR.0.
    • Improved Google Camera Performance.
    • Fixed Frequencies stuck at high with GPS.
    • Optimisation to battery backup.
    • Fixed overheating fully.
    • Android Auto and Screen Recording fixed.

Now for this Beta update, you have to be on Stock 11/updated to stock 11.
    No support for stock 10 firmware from my side starting from this build.
    Also please don't try to install any kind of custom recovery. Also that, please don't try installing Old Alpha release after installing beta because that was based up on Stock 10 firmware.

If you want magisk, please patch the boot image (inside pa fastboot zip).

You can dirty flash, but if you face bugs, please clean flash and format data.

All of my work is uploaded and open in github.com/AOSPA and github.com/ThankYouMario. Feel Free to use it the way you can.
    You can also track it in our Gerrit.

Hope you like it. Cheers.
    #StayParanoid

Support my work by clicking on the thanks button!
    WARNING :- Anyone installing this rom coming from Stock 11 update, please don't. Stock Android 11 needs firmware update from my side which will be done in Beta for which you have to install Stock Android 11 from Mi Flash or fastboot and then switch to the upcoming beta build. I'll provide a zip that can be flashed from fastboot itself (i.e, fastboot update pa-xx.zip).

Also, FYI :- Once you've installed Stock 11 in your phone, please don't try to downgrade it to Android 10 stock. It will brick your phone. Be Safe, be informative.

Can you please tell me the steps to install this rom from stock 11.
    Install necessary device drivers and platform tools from Android SDK.
    Download the rom file (link in OP), which is in zip format. Put the rom file to the platform tools folder.
    Take any necessary backups from your device.
    Enablele USB debugging in Developer options in your phone.

Reboot to fastboot mode by pressing volume down while rebooting the phone.
    Connect your phone with computer using a USB cable.
    Make sure the computer detects your device by opening a command prompt inside the platform tools folder and type 'fastboot devices' without quotations and press enter. Make sure your device shows up as random number.
    Afterwards, type 'fastboot flashing unlock' without quotations and press enter. Your phone should reboots and erase the data. You have now unlocked the bootloader.

After briefly set-up the phone, enable USB debugging in Developer options again.
    Reboot to fastboot by pressing volume down button while rebooting.
    Make sure the computer detects your device by opening a command prompt inside the platform tools folder and type 'fastboot devices' without quotations and press enter. Make sure your device shows up as random number.
    Now type 'fastboot update ' without quotations, then drag the rom file from the platform tools folder to the command prompt. The directory of the rom file should be seen after the word 'update ' without quotations. After that, press enter and the phone should start the rom flashing process.

Keep an eye on the command prompt. When you see it's now flashing/writing the vendor partition, prepare for pressing volume up button on your phone. Once it finishes, the phone restarts and quickly press and hold down the Volume up button until you are in Android recovery mode.

From there, navigate to 'wipe data/factory reset' using the Volume keys. Press power key to select the option. Select yes using volume and power key afterwards. After it's done, select reboot from the menu using volume keys and press power key once you selected it.

Profit!
    Sorry to ask, but can i know when is the next update coming, I'm just concerned about the yono app and you said yono will work in the next update
    ugh i am trying my best here to fix things. Might be soon! We are preparing for release 1.