Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 1 - Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T

Adithya R

Apr 3, 2015
Bangalore
Beta 1.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues
- Miracast is probably broken
- You tell me!

Requirements

Ginkgo users: Make sure you're on latest available 11.0 China Beta firmware before flashing the ROM.
Willow users: Make sure you're on latest available 10.0 Stable firmware before flashing the ROM.

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T (unified) build - Ruby Beta 1 Download
Firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com (scroll down and choose your device)
Make sure to read post #2 before asking any questions.

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them.

Instructions
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe system, vendor, cache and dalvik cache
  • Wipe or format data if coming from another ROM or PA Quartz
  • Flash latest available Android 11/10 firmware
  • Install PA zip package (gapps is included)
  • Reboot
Screenshots
Attached.

Notice
As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:
Donate

Important / Useful links

Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
Paranoid Android - Redmi Note 8/8T Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

ROM and device sources: Kernel source (QuicksilveR V2):
Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Attachments

Last edited:

Adithya R

Apr 3, 2015
Bangalore
Changelog

Code:
Ruby Alpha 1 (20201223)
- Initial release

Ruby Beta 1 (20210202)
- Initial beta release: plenty of bug fixes, stability and performance improvements, feature additions in source
- Merged January security patch
- Updated system to LA.QSSI.11.0.r1-09600-qssi.0
- Updated vendor to LA.UM.9.11.r1-02600-NICOBAR.0
- Updated stock blobs from MIUI 12.5 R
- Encryption is fixed and enabled by default (FBE_v2)
- Included MIUI Camera from Mi A3
- Added NotchBarKiller and HideCutout
- Added pickup/proximity sensor options in Ambient Display
- Increased speaker volume a bit
- Fixed all issues related to mic
- Improved 5ghz wifi and power savings
- Increased rounded corners padding
- Upgraded widevine HAL (1.2 -> 1.3)
- Kernel fully rebased over latest CAF tag (LA.UM.9.1.r1-08300-SMxxx0.0)
- Upstreamed kernel to AOSP 4.14 common (v4.14.218)
- Switched to dynamic schedtune boost
- Switched to efficient CPU freqs
- Added wireguard support
- WALT sched backports from 4.19
- Reduced touchscreen latency
- Reduced GPU and CPU latency
- Misc optimizations and fixes

This is a production/user build and SELinux is enforcing.

It is completely based off CAF tags LA.UM.9.11.r1-02600-NICOBAR.0 (vendor) and LA.QSSI.11.0.r1-09600-qssi.0 (system), and has been updated completely to R. The usage of stock vendor/blobs is only for camera, audio and sensors and not anything else.

Keep in mind since this is a beta, bugs other than the ones listed above may be present. Feel free to report them to me with proper logcat.

Last edited:

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
Thread cleaned

If you have bugs, report them to the dev with logs etc. and contribute to make the rom bug-free.
If you don't want to contribute, use it as it is and say at least thanks to the dev who provided his work freely here on XDA:) The dev owes you absolutely nothing and you're not his customer cause you did not pay him.

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES especially those:

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

If you come across this just hit the report button and let the mods handle it, do not respond or become part of such a discussion:good

strongst
Forum Moderator

Camilo Olivares

Oct 10, 2014
Santiago
Changelog

Code:
Ruby Alpha 1 (20201223)
- Initial release

This is a production/user build and SELinux is enforcing.

It is completely based off CAF tags LA.UM.9.11.r1-02400-NICOBAR.0 (vendor) and LA.QSSI.11.0.r1-08400-qssi.0 (system), and has been updated completely to R. The usage of stock vendor/blobs is only for camera, audio and sensors and not anything else.

Keep in mind since this is an alpha, bugs other than the ones listed above may be present. Feel free to report them to me with proper logcat.

Hey, thanks for your grear job here, i´m using PA Quartz as a daily driver since july, and for sure i´m looking forward to PA Ruby updates.
One thing i love from PA Quartz is the Safety Net compatibility out-of-the-box, and i just want to ask, Ruby will remain this absolutely grear feature? this is absolute mandatory for me, in order -for example- to use my banking apps.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Cheers!

profee

Dec 23, 2010
Hey, thanks for your grear job here, i´m using PA Quartz as a daily driver since july, and for sure i´m looking forward to PA Ruby updates.
One thing i love from PA Quartz is the Safety Net compatibility out-of-the-box, and i just want to ask, Ruby will remain this absolutely grear feature? this is absolute mandatory for me, in order -for example- to use my banking apps.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Cheers!
I am using Ruby alpha 1 and it passes safety net, so i believe the answer is yes.

Reactions: Camilo Olivares

Fle1x

Jan 9, 2021
Can you add gaming mode? I often get annoyed with notifications and calls come to me. so far I like the development of the paranoid

xda-user-0-bc

Jan 9, 2021
Thank you so much. I'm using this Rom. It's fantastic. I'm using it on the Redmi Note 8T (willow)

I haven't encountered any issues.

The only bug I've encountered so far (and it seems to be in your screenshot). Is that on the home screen, the Google Search Box has disappeared and I can't get it back.

I think it may of been where I and you (screenshot guy), would of click 'accept' to a Google assistant notification to bring Google assistant up by swiping up from the bottom corner. I don't know how to compile an bug report and send it to the developer.

But amazing Rom. Especially how i can't seem to find an official Rom for Paranoid Android that works on the 8T model (willow)

dc_08

Nov 9, 2018
Best a11 rom so far! Tried 3-4 other but battery performance is best in pa for sure.

Is there a fix or option to disable screenshot sound ? it's annoying

MatzUzuki

Jan 21, 2021
[QUOTE="RouHim, post: i just wanna say someting sorry forma my bad english. It's seen be right and i am thank you too and the moderator