Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 4 - Mi A3

Search This thread

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
OnePlus 9 Pro
apcfa70.png

We are very excited to announce the Beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Changelogs
Code:
Official Ruby Beta 3.

Device-specific issues
1. You tell!

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included. Please be on the latest Android 11 update released by Xiaomi. Incase if you have issues with Sensors/persist, please reflash stock 11 from fastboot.

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download - Beta 4.

Instructions
  • Note - you need to be on Stock 11 firmware.
  • Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name) with Beta 4 tag.
  • Reboot to fastboot
  • Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-ruby-4-laurel_sprout-20210506-beta-signed-image.zip"
  • Reboot to recovery and format data.
  • Reboot to system.

Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android, ROM for the Mi A3

Contributors

ZVNexus, xboxfanj, Vishalcj17
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_laurel_sprout

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
Based On: CAF

Version Information
Alpha
Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 4
Beta Release Date: 2021-02-25

Created 2020-11-23
Last Updated 2021-05-07

Last edited:

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
OnePlus 9 Pro
Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 4 is out!

This build is Production/User and is Enforcing.

This vendor is based off CAF tag :- 'LA.UM.9.11.r1-03200-NICOBAR.0'', and has been updated completely to R. The usage of stock vendor/blobs is only for camera and not anything else.

Device sided Changelog:-
  • Kernel optimisations.
  • Changes to frequency tables.
  • Fixed DT2W on AOD.
  • Updated brightness overlays.
  • Updated vendor to LA.UM.9.11.r1-03200-NICOBAR.0.
  • Improved Google Camera Performance.
  • Fixed Frequencies stuck at high with GPS.
  • Optimisation to battery backup.
  • Fixed overheating fully.
  • Android Auto and Screen Recording fixed.

Now for this Beta update, you have to be on Stock 11/updated to stock 11.
No support for stock 10 firmware from my side starting from this build.
Also please don't try to install any kind of custom recovery. Also that, please don't try installing Old Alpha release after installing beta because that was based up on Stock 10 firmware.

If you want magisk, please patch the boot image (inside pa fastboot zip).

You can dirty flash, but if you face bugs, please clean flash and format data.

All of my work is uploaded and open in github.com/AOSPA and github.com/ThankYouMario. Feel Free to use it the way you can.
You can also track it in our Gerrit.

Hope you like it. Cheers.
#StayParanoid

Support my work by clicking on the thanks button!

Last edited:

Sairagav

NOTE: If you want magisk, get the one from the Telegram support group. We don't know if official magisk works perfectly or not for now.

REVIEW-

Performance: It's fluid AF. The rom never hicks up, all animations hold their framerate, and the UI is snappy and responsive. I don't game, but I'm sure this will handle gaming well enough.

Battery: Solid. Not Spectacular or anything, but good. Expect around 7~8 hrs of SOT if you're an average user who doesn't game. Standby drain is also minimal.

Stability: Had no glitches or bugs so far (except for the ones mentioned already). It's reliable. Had no force reboots, or issues that made me want to restart the device.

FOD and Faceun*ock: FOD is accurate and snappy. I've seen faster, but this ain't no slouch. Faceun*ock is blitzing fast! Try it. It's fantastic!!

Overall I think this is a very good A11 ROM for our device. Definitely Daily-Driver material. There is no customization and many additional features, but for those looking for a close to stock experience, look no further.
The dev is very talented and kind. He regularly pushes updates and listens to the community. I Highly recommend joining the TGM group to stay on top of all the happy haps. Love you CJ, keep the cool stuff coming bro!

Muda42

Apr 24, 2020
Do Beta versions of PA have OTA updates or do we need to manually flash updates every time until the release builds come out ?

Muda42

Apr 24, 2020
Alright I flashed the ROM and just finished setting everything up. For now these are the bugs/issues I've encountered:
  • The device takes forever to reboot
  • USB file transfer doesn't seem to work
  • Device is unencrypted by default (this may be intentional since it's a pre-release)
  • Other minor UI bugs
  • Wide-Angle lens doesn't work in GCam (Urnyx05 2.5 in my case)
On the other side I'm happy to see that:
  • The device is Play Protect Certified
  • SafetyNet passes
  • Widevine Level is L1
  • Bluetooth Issues from Quartz seem to be fixed
I will come back in a few days with a more detailed report

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
OnePlus 9 Pro
Alright I flashed the ROM and just finished setting everything up. For now these are the bugs/issues I've encountered:
  • The device takes forever to reboot
  • USB file transfer doesn't seem to work
  • Device is unencrypted by default (this may be intentional since it's a pre-release)
  • Other minor UI bugs
  • Wide-Angle lens doesn't work in GCam (Urnyx05 2.5 in my case)
On the other side I'm happy to see that:
  • The device is Play Protect Certified
  • SafetyNet passes
  • Widevine Level is L1
  • Bluetooth Issues from Quartz seem to be fixed
I will come back in a few days with a more detailed report
Hi. Thank you For the feedback.

For USB, i use CAF HALS which need some driver changes, i can help you with that.
Code:
1. Plug In your Device
2. Click Start and Search for Device Manager.
3. Search for Android Devices/ADB(Usually at the top of the devices)
4. Uninstall Any ADB drivers installed.
5. Re-insert your phone after uninstall

Encryption is disabled until and unless Xiaomi release stock R (i am dependent on their modem and ICE changes). Wide-angle is something ill look into, thanks!

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
OnePlus 9 Pro
NOTE: If you want magisk, get the one from the Telegram support group. We don't know if official magisk works perfectly or not for now.

REVIEW-

Performance: It's fluid AF. The rom never hicks up, all animations hold their framerate, and the UI is snappy and responsive. I don't game, but I'm sure this will handle gaming well enough.

Battery: Solid. Not Spectacular or anything, but good. Expect around 7~8 hrs of SOT if you're an average user who doesn't game. Standby drain is also minimal.

Stability: Had no glitches or bugs so far (except for the ones mentioned already). It's reliable. Had no force reboots, or issues that made me want to restart the device.

FOD and Faceun*ock: FOD is accurate and snappy. I've seen faster, but this ain't no slouch. Faceun*ock is blitzing fast! Try it. It's fantastic!!

Overall I think this is a very good A11 ROM for our device. Definitely Daily-Driver material. There is no customization and many additional features, but for those looking for a close to stock experience, look no further.
The dev is very talented and kind. He regularly pushes updates and listens to the community. I Highly recommend joining the TGM group to stay on top of all the happy haps. Love you CJ, keep the cool stuff coming bro!
Thanks for the review! Will try my best to make the experience better for you.

Reactions: Chutiyawa

Iamdchandan

Feb 23, 2020
The rom it's work perfecly, really smooth when open apps, you must install this rom! 😍
Best rom I have ever flashed, ROMs ui like stock battery backup is also awesome thanks to Developer.
I love you 3000 @Vishalcj17 😍.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201223-180510.png
    Screenshot_20201223-180510.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Screenshot_20201223-185607.png
    Screenshot_20201223-185607.png
    222.5 KB · Views: 1,079
  • Screenshot_20201223-190842.png
    Screenshot_20201223-190842.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,059

Abdu_alkateb

Apr 14, 2020
Tripoli
great rom @Vishalcj17 👍👍👍
smooth and stable no problem so far other than those mentioned in this thread and support group which you already answered to!! 😘👏👏
battery backup is good
performance is great, no lags or glitches
looking forward for future releases
keep up the good work and #stayparanoid

estrekto

Nov 10, 2018
friend, do you know what is to use a rom great, fluid, stable and has good battery life with always on display active all the time?. it's really cool to me the best rom by far in every way

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    apcfa70.png

We are very excited to announce the Beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Changelogs
    Code:
    Official Ruby Beta 3.

Device-specific issues
    1. You tell!

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included. Please be on the latest Android 11 update released by Xiaomi. Incase if you have issues with Sensors/persist, please reflash stock 11 from fastboot.

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download - Beta 4.

Instructions
    • Note - you need to be on Stock 11 firmware.
    • Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name) with Beta 4 tag.
    • Reboot to fastboot
    • Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-ruby-4-laurel_sprout-20210506-beta-signed-image.zip"
    • Reboot to recovery and format data.
    • Reboot to system.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Mi A3

Contributors

ZVNexus, xboxfanj, Vishalcj17
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_laurel_sprout

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Alpha
    Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 4
    Beta Release Date: 2021-02-25

Created 2020-11-23
    Last Updated 2021-05-07
    Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 4 is out!

This build is Production/User and is Enforcing.

This vendor is based off CAF tag :- 'LA.UM.9.11.r1-03200-NICOBAR.0'', and has been updated completely to R. The usage of stock vendor/blobs is only for camera and not anything else.

Device sided Changelog:-
    • Kernel optimisations.
    • Changes to frequency tables.
    • Fixed DT2W on AOD.
    • Updated brightness overlays.
    • Updated vendor to LA.UM.9.11.r1-03200-NICOBAR.0.
    • Improved Google Camera Performance.
    • Fixed Frequencies stuck at high with GPS.
    • Optimisation to battery backup.
    • Fixed overheating fully.
    • Android Auto and Screen Recording fixed.

Now for this Beta update, you have to be on Stock 11/updated to stock 11.
    No support for stock 10 firmware from my side starting from this build.
    Also please don't try to install any kind of custom recovery. Also that, please don't try installing Old Alpha release after installing beta because that was based up on Stock 10 firmware.

If you want magisk, please patch the boot image (inside pa fastboot zip).

You can dirty flash, but if you face bugs, please clean flash and format data.

All of my work is uploaded and open in github.com/AOSPA and github.com/ThankYouMario. Feel Free to use it the way you can.
    You can also track it in our Gerrit.

Hope you like it. Cheers.
    #StayParanoid

Support my work by clicking on the thanks button!
    WARNING :- Anyone installing this rom coming from Stock 11 update, please don't. Stock Android 11 needs firmware update from my side which will be done in Beta for which you have to install Stock Android 11 from Mi Flash or fastboot and then switch to the upcoming beta build. I'll provide a zip that can be flashed from fastboot itself (i.e, fastboot update pa-xx.zip).

Also, FYI :- Once you've installed Stock 11 in your phone, please don't try to downgrade it to Android 10 stock. It will brick your phone. Be Safe, be informative.

Can you please tell me the steps to install this rom from stock 11.
    Install necessary device drivers and platform tools from Android SDK.
    Download the rom file (link in OP), which is in zip format. Put the rom file to the platform tools folder.
    Take any necessary backups from your device.
    Enablele USB debugging in Developer options in your phone.

Reboot to fastboot mode by pressing volume down while rebooting the phone.
    Connect your phone with computer using a USB cable.
    Make sure the computer detects your device by opening a command prompt inside the platform tools folder and type 'fastboot devices' without quotations and press enter. Make sure your device shows up as random number.
    Afterwards, type 'fastboot flashing unlock' without quotations and press enter. Your phone should reboots and erase the data. You have now unlocked the bootloader.

After briefly set-up the phone, enable USB debugging in Developer options again.
    Reboot to fastboot by pressing volume down button while rebooting.
    Make sure the computer detects your device by opening a command prompt inside the platform tools folder and type 'fastboot devices' without quotations and press enter. Make sure your device shows up as random number.
    Now type 'fastboot update ' without quotations, then drag the rom file from the platform tools folder to the command prompt. The directory of the rom file should be seen after the word 'update ' without quotations. After that, press enter and the phone should start the rom flashing process.

Keep an eye on the command prompt. When you see it's now flashing/writing the vendor partition, prepare for pressing volume up button on your phone. Once it finishes, the phone restarts and quickly press and hold down the Volume up button until you are in Android recovery mode.

From there, navigate to 'wipe data/factory reset' using the Volume keys. Press power key to select the option. Select yes using volume and power key afterwards. After it's done, select reboot from the menu using volume keys and press power key once you selected it.

Profit!
    Sorry to ask, but can i know when is the next update coming, I'm just concerned about the yono app and you said yono will work in the next update
    ugh i am trying my best here to fix things. Might be soon! We are preparing for release 1.