Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 4 - Mi A3

Search This thread

n0credit

Feb 3, 2013
So I did a quick test for the last ~24hs, the ROM feels on par battery wise with stock but way better on performance. This is better than beta 3 too, most features I use daily work as expected and I can see various fixes on things that didn't quite work before. For now the only real bugs I found were when using the video recording option of the Google camera go (it's unusable yet the app is way better than what we had on beta 3) but works fine on other camera apps and I found the fingerprint reader to be extremely unreliable, sometimes it will read the print at first try and sometimes won't read it at all (like when I first tried to set it up). I will keep using this because I think it's a lot better than stock.
Thanks for the work to everyone that is involved in this!

Last edited:

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
OnePlus 9 Pro
So I did a quick test for the last ~24hs, the ROM feels on par battery wise with stock but way better on performance. This is better than beta 3 too, most features I use daily work as expected and I can see various fixes on things that didn't quite work before. For now the only real bugs I found were when using the video recording option of the Google camera go (it's unusable yet the app is way better than what we had on beta 3) but works fine on other camera apps and I found the fingerprint reader to be extremely unreliable, sometimes it will read the print at first try and sometimes won't read it at all (like when I first tried to set it up). I will keep using this because I think it's a lot better than stock.
Thanks for the work to everyone that is involved in this!
thank you for the feedback, and i've been constantly working on the FOD. Beta 4 should be way better in terms of speed and accuracy. Can confirm with users once, but did you do a clean flash?

@Vishalcj17
Great work! hands down the smoothest ROM yet! Camera Go is a welcomed addition, except when flash is used the pictures are just dark. Battery back up is a better than stock, especially stand by. FOD is a hit or miss, the whole screen flashes white when trying to unlock the phone. Adding the same print twice adds better accuracy. Over all it's a great ROM and will be my daily driver. Thanks again for all the hard work. Can't wait for Stable builds.

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
From recovery... Advanced. . sideload...adb sidelod update.zip and you don't loss any data. (If you don't have twrp simply search adb sideload on your recovery) For a lot of rom this metod work. But i'm not sure that work also with this. You can try. If don't work the installation simply fail. It's safe

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
OnePlus 9 Pro
From recovery... Advanced. . sideload...adb sidelod update.zip and you don't loss any data. (If you don't have twrp simply search adb sideload on your recovery) For a lot of rom this metod work. But i'm not sure that work also with this. You can try. If don't work the installation simply fail. It's safe
It wont work that way. I've clearly mentioned the instructions.

tseh

Jan 11, 2011
Minsk
It wont work that way. I've clearly mentioned the instructions.
Use
Bash:
adb reboot fasboot
or simple reboot phone to fastboot if advanced reboot options enabled.
And then in fasboot mode use
Bash:
fastboot update path-to-pa-ruby-4-update.zip
Phone will be booted automatically after update progress finished.

mjdmjd86

Jul 2, 2016
Xiaomi Mi A3
Hi, recently flashed stock A11 using fastboot and it sucks, i mean why are there so many A11 basic features missing ?!
anyway i'm looking for a custom ROM that is STABLE and EASY TO UPDATE, does this one check these things ?
does it have a working built in system update option ?

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, recently flashed stock A11 using fastboot and it sucks, i mean why are there so many A11 basic features missing ?!
anyway i'm looking for a custom ROM that is STABLE and EASY TO UPDATE, does this one check these things ?
does it have a working built in system update option ?
this doesn't have OTA yet, but we plan on it for Release 1.

Reactions: mjdmjd86

n0credit

Feb 3, 2013
If you have the latest tools then the problem is probably on the slots, should get both slots, a and b, to stock and try again maybe?

n0credit

Feb 3, 2013
After flash stock rom v12.0.6.0.RFQEUXM got the same "not enough space" error again when trying install this rom. Seems don´t work with this stock version
Were you always on stock before? Maybe there's something wrong with one of the slots, can you tell what version of stock or something else is in the other slot of your current system?

n0credit

Feb 3, 2013
No, but before trying install this rom i flashed stock rom (android 11 - v12.0.6 RFQEUXM) with fastboot without problems. This is very strange
Maybe if you had another ROM before and then installed stock you have stock in slot a and the other ROM in slot b, that's why I told you maybe to try to flaah stock in both slots. My guess is that the easiest way to do that is to flash the previous stock version and then take the OTA, that way you are sure you have stock in both slots.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    apcfa70.png

We are very excited to announce the Beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Changelogs
    Code:
    Official Ruby Beta 3.

Device-specific issues
    1. You tell!

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included. Please be on the latest Android 11 update released by Xiaomi. Incase if you have issues with Sensors/persist, please reflash stock 11 from fastboot.

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download - Beta 4.

Instructions
    • Note - you need to be on Stock 11 firmware.
    • Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name) with Beta 4 tag.
    • Reboot to fastboot
    • Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-ruby-4-laurel_sprout-20210506-beta-signed-image.zip"
    • Reboot to recovery and format data.
    • Reboot to system.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Mi A3

Contributors

ZVNexus, xboxfanj, Vishalcj17
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_laurel_sprout

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Alpha
    Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 4
    Beta Release Date: 2021-02-25

Created 2020-11-23
    Last Updated 2021-05-07
    Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 4 is out!

This build is Production/User and is Enforcing.

This vendor is based off CAF tag :- 'LA.UM.9.11.r1-03200-NICOBAR.0'', and has been updated completely to R. The usage of stock vendor/blobs is only for camera and not anything else.

Device sided Changelog:-
    • Kernel optimisations.
    • Changes to frequency tables.
    • Fixed DT2W on AOD.
    • Updated brightness overlays.
    • Updated vendor to LA.UM.9.11.r1-03200-NICOBAR.0.
    • Improved Google Camera Performance.
    • Fixed Frequencies stuck at high with GPS.
    • Optimisation to battery backup.
    • Fixed overheating fully.
    • Android Auto and Screen Recording fixed.

Now for this Beta update, you have to be on Stock 11/updated to stock 11.
    No support for stock 10 firmware from my side starting from this build.
    Also please don't try to install any kind of custom recovery. Also that, please don't try installing Old Alpha release after installing beta because that was based up on Stock 10 firmware.

If you want magisk, please patch the boot image (inside pa fastboot zip).

You can dirty flash, but if you face bugs, please clean flash and format data.

All of my work is uploaded and open in github.com/AOSPA and github.com/ThankYouMario. Feel Free to use it the way you can.
    You can also track it in our Gerrit.

Hope you like it. Cheers.
    #StayParanoid

Support my work by clicking on the thanks button!
    WARNING :- Anyone installing this rom coming from Stock 11 update, please don't. Stock Android 11 needs firmware update from my side which will be done in Beta for which you have to install Stock Android 11 from Mi Flash or fastboot and then switch to the upcoming beta build. I'll provide a zip that can be flashed from fastboot itself (i.e, fastboot update pa-xx.zip).

Also, FYI :- Once you've installed Stock 11 in your phone, please don't try to downgrade it to Android 10 stock. It will brick your phone. Be Safe, be informative.

Can you please tell me the steps to install this rom from stock 11.
    Install necessary device drivers and platform tools from Android SDK.
    Download the rom file (link in OP), which is in zip format. Put the rom file to the platform tools folder.
    Take any necessary backups from your device.
    Enablele USB debugging in Developer options in your phone.

Reboot to fastboot mode by pressing volume down while rebooting the phone.
    Connect your phone with computer using a USB cable.
    Make sure the computer detects your device by opening a command prompt inside the platform tools folder and type 'fastboot devices' without quotations and press enter. Make sure your device shows up as random number.
    Afterwards, type 'fastboot flashing unlock' without quotations and press enter. Your phone should reboots and erase the data. You have now unlocked the bootloader.

After briefly set-up the phone, enable USB debugging in Developer options again.
    Reboot to fastboot by pressing volume down button while rebooting.
    Make sure the computer detects your device by opening a command prompt inside the platform tools folder and type 'fastboot devices' without quotations and press enter. Make sure your device shows up as random number.
    Now type 'fastboot update ' without quotations, then drag the rom file from the platform tools folder to the command prompt. The directory of the rom file should be seen after the word 'update ' without quotations. After that, press enter and the phone should start the rom flashing process.

Keep an eye on the command prompt. When you see it's now flashing/writing the vendor partition, prepare for pressing volume up button on your phone. Once it finishes, the phone restarts and quickly press and hold down the Volume up button until you are in Android recovery mode.

From there, navigate to 'wipe data/factory reset' using the Volume keys. Press power key to select the option. Select yes using volume and power key afterwards. After it's done, select reboot from the menu using volume keys and press power key once you selected it.

Profit!
    Sorry to ask, but can i know when is the next update coming, I'm just concerned about the yono app and you said yono will work in the next update
    ugh i am trying my best here to fix things. Might be soon! We are preparing for release 1.