• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 4 - OnePlus 8T

Search This thread

fragman88

Jul 13, 2009
thank you soo much for releasing pa-ruby-7-oneplus8t-20210511.
I am running into issues w mobile data, randomly drops me out of LTE/5G nw, looks like no network available.
It was working fine for some weeks.

nevertheless

when downloading newest update, several times, I got the "footer error 21" when sideloading.

Any hints?

cewori

Oct 8, 2015
OnePlus 8T
I think I found the reason (at least a part of it) for the strange fingerprint behavior. After a clean flash the fingerprint worked from the Lockscreen, but after activating off-screen gestures it stopped working again. Switching the off screen gestures back off didn't bring the fingerprint back sadly. Maybe I will clean flash again tomorrow to prove it :D
Would be cool if someone from you guys checked if the fingerprint stops working on the Lockscreen with off screen gestures. While trying I also noticed that the quick torch also does not work. Does it work for anyone of you?

• Wow
Reactions: FraSharp

dpryor88

Nov 4, 2015
San Pedro
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 4
I think I found the reason (at least a part of it) for the strange fingerprint behavior. After a clean flash the fingerprint worked from the Lockscreen, but after activating off-screen gestures it stopped working again. Switching the off screen gestures back off didn't bring the fingerprint back sadly. Maybe I will clean flash again tomorrow to prove it :D
Would be cool if someone from you guys checked if the fingerprint stops working on the Lockscreen with off screen gestures. While trying I also noticed that the quick torch also does not work. Does it work for anyone of you?
I had fingerprint working on lockscreen along with face unlock, also had offscreen gestures for music prev/next and for ambient gestures (tap to wake ambient). All works. FP works on ambient when I tap or lift phone to activate, and fp works on lockscreen along with face unlock. So basically, everything you mentioned, I have on and it all works. Not sure why it's giving you trouble. I even tried flashing the latest pa again, and it all works still. Sorry I can't help much more than that :\ good luck figuring it out though. I hope you get it running right, because this build is solid.

cewori

Oct 8, 2015
OnePlus 8T
I had fingerprint working on lockscreen along with face unlock, also had offscreen gestures for music prev/next and for ambient gestures (tap to wake ambient). All works. FP works on ambient when I tap or lift phone to activate, and fp works on lockscreen along with face unlock. So basically, everything you mentioned, I have on and it all works. Not sure why it's giving you trouble. I even tried flashing the latest pa again, and it all works still. Sorry I can't help much more than that :\ good luck figuring it out though. I hope you get it running right, because this build is solid.
Alright, thanks for trying! I will keep trying to get it to work :)

cewori

Oct 8, 2015
OnePlus 8T
After MSMing Back to OOS on both slots and clean flashing again it works most of the time. Good enough for me.
However the quick torch still isn't working.
And I found another bug related to the german translation. The menu "styles and backgrounds" crashes all the time. When I change the language to english it works. Can take a logcat if it helps.

SaigoW

May 12, 2021
Hey,I had tried beta7and beta8,everyting work fine,and just one thing I want to ask why can not set the /system as read / write? If the next build can fix it, it will be the best。
Also,always appreciate for your work😊

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ

manhong2112

Nov 13, 2015
I found that fingerprint only work in lockscreen on my phone. Any app that using fingerprint for verification doesn't (It appears that the circle doesn't light up and showing move too quick when i put my finger on it). Also i found that it break if i turn on "Disable HW overlays" in setting. By checking logcat it seen that they generated same error which doesn't appear when it work correctly.
`java.lang.SecurityException: Specified package android under uid 10216 but it is really 1000`

Please excuse my poor english

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    322.9 KB · Views: 3

hackrmomo

Jul 23, 2021
I think I'm missing something but the download section is completely empty. There's 0 files available for download under the oneplus8t directory.
1627073188816.png

Jason Hans

Sep 21, 2021
Hey,I had tried beta7and beta8,everyting work fine,and just one thing I want to ask why can not set the /system as read / write? If the next build can fix it, it will be the best。
Also,always appreciate for your work😊
Hello brother, I want to try this rom but the official link is no longer valid, can you send me a copy of your ROM for a try?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Telegram group says its still alive with Paranoid Shappire 12 being worked on. Not sure for the 8 series though.View attachment 5438415
    OP8 series will be supported and maintained
    Eo77999.png

We are very excited to announce the alpha of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Device-specific issues:
    Call related issues on Google Fi
    Miracast

There are likely many other issues, these are just the most prominent to me. Don't come into this with the expectation any issue you come across will be fixed in a timely manner.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download

Instructions
    • Download the latest build we released.
    • If you haven't flashed PA before, flash the "-image" build in bootloader with "fastboot update [build].
    • If you have flashed PA before then sideload the OTA in recovery.
    • Reboot into recovery right after that's done flashing, and wipe userdata.
    Starting with Beta 3, you must clean flash due to recent commits related to userdata.

If you already flashed Beta 1, then you can just sideload the OTA in recovery if it is avaliable, although there might be only fastboot images up for the latest version so keep that in mind.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 8T

Contributors

ZVNexus, xboxfanj, Vishalcj17, andrewfluck
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest OOS
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 4
    Beta Release Date: 2021-02-27

Created 2020-12-22
    Last Updated 2020-12-22
    Telegram group says its still alive with Paranoid Shappire 12 being worked on. Not sure for the 8 series though.View attachment 5438415
    OP8 series will be supported and maintained
    Thank you for your prompt response. May be I was not clear in asking my doubt. My point here is,
    1. Do we need to be on stock rom or can come from custom rom.
    2. This phone is been tricky to run around as power users without TWRP. So when you say fastboot/bootloader, do you mean to say "fastbootd" mode or regular "fastboot" mode.

TIA
    1.) Doesn't matter, just make sure you are on the latest firmware from stock.
    2.) I mean bootloader, the zip will flash boot/dtbo/recovery/vbmeta/vbmeta_system from bootloader then automatically reboot into fastbootd to flash system/system_ext/product/odm/vendor.
    Tried the latest build on my KB2000. WiFi ist working great and so far nothing crashed. FOD ist working great too, enrollment crashed during setup but worked fine afterwards.
    Seems stable enough to be daily driver, will try and use it for the next days.
    Ah. Good to know.

This is the first time I've flashed a ROM like this. It has several .sig files missing. I'm guessing that's due to not being OnePlus firmware. It fails at the vendor.img though. It returns:

extracting vendor.img (1323 MB) to disk...ziparchive W 12-22 14:58:22 6940 3964 Zip: unable to truncate file to 1387766136: File too large
    fastboot: error:
    failed to extract 'vendor.img': I/O error

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Had another 8T user try to reproduce, they cannot.