Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 5 - OnePlus 8/Pro

Search This thread

sefai77

Nov 3, 2010
Just noticed beta3 is out, i have beta2 still.
Try flash stock back and try again.
ı was return stock 11.0.2.2 than flash this rom but again error, i dont understand anythings

i will do now. coppy rom in minimal adb than start cmd and flashing now

Last edited:

mattie_49

• Feb 4, 2010
    Seymour Tn
    OnePlus 9
    cant flash always error or crushdump mode, i will try beta2
    There is a beta 3 that came out 2 days ago. Newest is best. Beta 3 dated 2/7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-195449.jpg
      Screenshot_20210209-195449.jpg
      259.8 KB · Views: 32

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
    East Taunton
    Flash the pa-image.zip file in fastboot

Reboot to recovery

ADB side load the regular pa.zip

Wipe userdata
    What am I missing? I'm having the same missing system partition error, what's the difference between the "pa-image.zip" and "pa-zip" I'm using the Oneplus 8, and I'm only seeing one zip file (for beta 3, the version I'm trying to flash obviously as its the latest)

I see that in that directory there are *vXXX*.zip files and then *vXXX-signed-image*.zip files. But they are for beta1 and beta3 respectively.

I'm supposed to flash beta 3 in fastboot, wait for the system error, then sideload beta 1 in recovery? I don't get why that would make any sense.

Edit: Exact error when trying to "fastboot update pa*signed-image.zip" or trying to unzip and flash manually
    Code:
    C:\Users\Fox\Desktop>fastboot update pa-ruby-beta-3-oneplus8-20210207-signed-image.zip
    target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    failed to allocate 104857600 bytes
    failed to allocate 909222180 bytes
    error: update package missing system.img

boot, recovery, and dtbo flash just fine. I tried flashing those first and the rest in fastbootd, got the same error. Flashing to a specific _a or _b partition also not working. Also tried MSM and repeating failed steps.

Last edited:
    Reactions: sefai77

angelmakumbe

Dec 10, 2014
    Cádiz
    OP8 Pro. I flashed PA beta 3 with OOS beta 6 and camera is not working as it should. Video recording fails and with google camera apk, the frames are always less than it should.
    OP8. Idem but with OOS beta 5. All is working perfectly.
    @ZVNexus Could be OOS version the issue?

sefai77

Nov 3, 2010
    OP8 Pro. I flashed PA beta 3 with OOS beta 6 and camera is not working as it should. Video recording fails and with google camera apk, the frames are always less than it should.
    How you can flash 8pro. i am trying long time but cant flash. Which method did you use and which stock rom did you install on ?

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
  • Feb 23, 2016
    Rocky Hill

I don't do any testing with Google Camera, only Snapdragon Camera and Camera2, its an unsupported app.

hammeru

Jul 20, 2011
    LONGMONT
    Just trying to decide if I want to buy a One Plus 8T Pro or go a different direction. Still on a rooted LG V30 daily driver that works great, but looking for a better camera.

enjoy_life

Mar 5, 2016
    How's Snapdragon Camera in terms of shooting videos? Is EIS and OIS fully supported? Is the bitrate/quality selectable?

Edit: ok I flashed the ROM myself and wasn't thrilled by the snapdragon camera

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Currently running Lineage OS 18.1 on both slots, can I safely flash and boot into this ROM?
      I'd say yes. But if your on verizon networks don't waste your time. It doesn't get data/internet
      A7ZFoX9.png

We are very excited to announce the beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Device-specific issues
      Call related issues on Google Fi
      Miracast

There are likely many other issues, these are just the most prominent to me. Don't come into this with the expectation any issue you come across will be fixed in a timely manner.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
      adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
      adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
      adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download (Note, OP8 & Pro builds are no longer unified)

Instructions
      1. Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name)
      2. Reboot to bootloader.
      3. Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip"
      4. Reboot into recovery after it is done flashing & wipe userdata.
      Starting with Beta 4, you must clean flash due to recent commits related to userdata.

If you already flashed Beta 1, then you can just sideload the OTA in recovery if it is avaliable, although there might be only fastboot images up for the latest version so keep that in mind.

Important / Useful links
      Paranoid Android Twitter
      Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
      Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
      Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 8/Pro

Contributors
      ZVNexus, xboxfanj, Vishalcj17, andrewfluck
      Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest OOS Open Beta
      Based On: CAF

Version Information
      Beta
      Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 5
      Beta Release Date: 2021-02-25

Created 2020-11-23
      Last Updated 2021-02-25
      flashed beta 1 been running it for a while here's what I have found
      1) mtp does indeed make the phone go to crashdump
      2) color profiles don't work
      3) no way to change the refresh rate
      4) AOD makes the screen not turn back on have to restart the device to turn it on

AOD is fixed, MTP is fixed (maybeTM, only had about 2 people test), will be in Beta 2
      when i try fastboot update pa image i get : failed boota_a no such partition. did i miss something? i was in ob 11 beta 5
      Download 20201221.zip
      extract recovery image inside this build with payload dumper
      flash recovery
      boot to recovery
      sideload 20201221.zip
      Paranoid Recovery:
      Apply update from ADB
      "adb sideload
      pa-ruby-alpha-1-oneplus8-20201122.zip"

can someone please explain to me what it is(ADB)❓ and explain to me how I can install the Recovery, thank you very much 😁

If you need to ask these things you should not be installing this
      If you need to ask these things you should not be installing this
      If you're that toxic you should not be on this platform
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone