Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 5 - OnePlus 8/Pro

spoeckes

Jun 11, 2010
after fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip i get "writing systen" "partition not found"
i got this with beta 2 also but i had to adb sideload afterwards an it works
now this step isnt needed anymore and i cant install

whats wrong with my try?

Last edited:

spoeckes

Jun 11, 2010
Installing this Rom allways destroys my Partitions. It randomly says Partition not found in different Points (system.img, dspo.img etc.) After this i have to msm Back and my Fingerprint issnt Working anymore and i have to fix this. For now IT seems to be a massiv alpha with No real Installation howto. I can not recommend it

Last edited:

MariusKv

May 25, 2010
Installing this Rom allways destroys my Partitions. It randomly says Partition not found in different Points (system.img, dspo.img etc.) After this i have to msm Back and my Fingerprint issnt Working anymore and i have to fix this. For now IT seems to be a massiv crap alpha with No real Installation howto. I can not recommend it
Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name)
Reboot to bootloader.
Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip"
Reboot into recovery after it is done flashing & wipe userdata.

This is easy

Reactions: spoeckes

spoeckes

Jun 11, 2010
Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name)
Reboot to bootloader.
Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip"
Reboot into recovery after it is done flashing & wipe userdata.

This is easy
thanks allot for your reply.
i did exactly this way, after "fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip"
the files will be excracted, after this they will be flashed.
at this point i get a random errors that the partition does not exist, got this one time when flashing system, the other time on flashing dsto. after flashing and getting the partition errors sometimes oos boots up with wrong dpi and a lot of erros , somtimes it doesnt boot at all
i allways used msm before und bootloader unlock

MariusKv

May 25, 2010
thanks allot for your reply.
i did exactly this way, after "fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip"
the files will be excracted, after this they will be flashed.
at this point i get a random errors that the partition does not exist, got this one time when flashing system, the other time on flashing dsto. after flashing and getting the partition errors sometimes oos boots up with wrong dpi and a lot of erros , somtimes it doesnt boot at all
i allways used msm before und bootloader unlock
Are you on the latest open beta before flashing?

shubham1998

Sep 11, 2014
When I use the command fastboot update pa-ruby-beta-5-oneplus8-20210225-signed-image.zip, the phone reboots into the fastbootd mode while on the computer cmd window, it shows "waiting for any device". I have tried to manually boot into fastboot but then it says "fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable." Could someone please help me with this? Thanks in advance

Edit: Resolved. Installed the latest drivers on my PC and the installation process was completed

Last edited: