Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Google Pixel 7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210114-204300.png
    Screenshot_20210114-204300.png
    261.1 KB · Views: 75

sToRm1nG

I have issues with the fingerprint reader on my Oneplus 8 Pro (see attached logs).

I flashed OOS 11 OB5 and then flashed the latest unified PA build (pa-ruby-beta-1-oneplus8-20210111-signed-image.zip).

Everything seems to be working except for the FP sensor. When I try to enroll a finger my OP8Pro crashes to lock screen.

*EDIT*
For some reason I cannot attach the log file... Seems to be an issue with XDA forums.

I commented on the OP8 / OP8Pro release in the official PA Telegram channel and attached the logs there.

@ZVNexus feel free to contact me if you can't find those logs.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/3mRz2P6E

*EDIT2*
Currently reverting to OOS OB 5 due to Qualcomm CrashDump Mode.

*EDIT3*
Back online after hard brick. No idea how that happened.

Last edited:

adame09

Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Google Pixel 7
I have issues with the fingerprint reader on my Oneplus 8 Pro (see attached logs).

I flashed OOS 11 OB5 and then flashed the latest unified PA build (pa-ruby-beta-1-oneplus8-20210111-signed-image.zip).

Everything seems to be working except for the FP sensor. When I try to enroll a finger my OP8Pro crashes to lock screen.

*EDIT*
For some reason I cannot attach the log file... Seems to be an issue with XDA forums.

I commented on the OP8 / OP8Pro release in the official PA Telegram channel and attached the logs there.

@ZVNexus feel free to contact me if you can't find those logs.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/3mRz2P6E

*EDIT2*
Currently reverting to OOS OB 5 due to Qualcomm CrashDump Mode.

*EDIT3*
Back online after hard brick. No idea how that happened.
Does your fingerprint work now that you flashed back to oos?

The reason you went to crash dump mode is because of MTP(Connecting it as filesharing on computer.)

spoeckes

Jun 11, 2010
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
i am apparently not able to get this rom on my op8pro. I get the error that the partition does not exist when fastboot wants to flash the system, it continues to boot in oos, but now with the wrong dpi.

Last edited:

adame09

Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Google Pixel 7
i am shocked how the xda community has developed. i have been with the motorola milestone and have never had problems flashing a rom during the course (milestone, nexus 5, nexus 6, nexus 6t, oneplus 5, onplus 6t). even on an old iphone i installed android. Meanwhile, the instructions for flashing are so vague that it is actually no longer fun to try roms. What happened? Are the developers no longer interested in the ROM being used? i am apparently not able to get this rom on my op8pro. I get the error that the partition does not exist when fastboot wants to flash the system, it continues to boot in oos, but now with the wrong dpi.
Flash the pa-image.zip file in fastboot

Reboot to recovery

ADB side load the regular pa.zip

Wipe userdata

Last edited:

spoeckes

Jun 11, 2010
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Flash the pa-image.zip file in fastboot

Reboot to recovery

Flash the regular pa.zip

Wipe userdata

which oos version do you use? tried it with beta 5 and 10.3.3. In both cases I get the error that the partition (boota or system) does not exist, I did a full wipe beforehand. after a restart after the error message, the symbols in oos are much smaller

tried both fastbootd in the recovery and in the bootloader

adame09

Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Google Pixel 7
which oos version do you use? tried it with beta 5 and 10.3.3. In both cases I get the error that the partition (boota or system) does not exist, I did a full wipe beforehand. after a restart after the error message, the symbols in oos are much smaller

tried both fastbootd in the recovery and in the bootloader
It doesn't matter if your on beta 5 or stable OOS. But you should be on OOS 11 Android R as this is that type of ROM.

spoeckes

Jun 11, 2010
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
It doesn't matter if your on beta 5 or stable OOS. But you should be on OOS 11 Android R as this is that type of ROM.
thx, okay, then propably i am just unable. i always flashed oos 11 on both slots, dont know that could be wrong...
i will give up for now, have to msm to get my device running again.
It was my fourth try to get this rom working

i loved this rom on my op6t

adame09

Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Google Pixel 7
thx, okay, then propably i am just unable. i always flashed oos 11 on both slots, dont know...
i will give up for now, have to msm to get my device running again.
It was my fourth try to get this rom working
I explained to you how to do it already. That's how it worked for me. You're giving up to easily.

After it gives you tht error boot into recovery and flash the other file. Do you have telegram? Message me on there. @LVHamtaro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A7ZFoX9.png

We are very excited to announce the beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Device-specific issues
    Call related issues on Google Fi
    Miracast

There are likely many other issues, these are just the most prominent to me. Don't come into this with the expectation any issue you come across will be fixed in a timely manner.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download (Note, OP8 & Pro builds are no longer unified)

Instructions
    1. Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name)
    2. Reboot to bootloader.
    3. Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip"
    4. Reboot into recovery after it is done flashing & wipe userdata.
    Starting with Beta 4, you must clean flash due to recent commits related to userdata.

If you already flashed Beta 1, then you can just sideload the OTA in recovery if it is avaliable, although there might be only fastboot images up for the latest version so keep that in mind.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 8/Pro

Contributors
    ZVNexus, xboxfanj, Vishalcj17, andrewfluck
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest OOS Open Beta
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 5
    Beta Release Date: 2021-02-25

Created 2020-11-23
    Last Updated 2021-02-25
    flashed beta 1 been running it for a while here's what I have found
    1) mtp does indeed make the phone go to crashdump
    2) color profiles don't work
    3) no way to change the refresh rate
    4) AOD makes the screen not turn back on have to restart the device to turn it on

AOD is fixed, MTP is fixed (maybeTM, only had about 2 people test), will be in Beta 2
    Fine I knew these developers are not so good. They just released more and more sapphire ROMs alpha for hype but they will never took time to polish perfect them. Dont like them at all. :'(

I just come here to check if they are great in developing the released roms
    You previously posted messages in the other thread complaining about the lack of update. Not only is your behaviour childish and ungrateful, it is also useless and totally irrelevant. It would be better if you kept your impatience to yourself, and stopped posting those off-topic messages. If you have any useful feedback, or any legitimate questions, feel free to post them. But refrain from posting complains in the futur, you already complained enough.
    Paranoid Recovery:
    Apply update from ADB
    "adb sideload
    pa-ruby-alpha-1-oneplus8-20201122.zip"

can someone please explain to me what it is(ADB)❓ and explain to me how I can install the Recovery, thank you very much 😁

If you need to ask these things you should not be installing this
    If you need to ask these things you should not be installing this
    If you're that toxic you should not be on this platform