mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well there you go.

I was referring to other custom ROMs.

CRDroid and PE. Obviously OOS is ok.

I'm not on Verizon myself but apparently it's an issue. Whatever you did, well done. The CRDroid and PE teams could probably use that info
I'm op8 Verizon and been on pixel experience since early November so there's that. They do work on Verizon ,just have to know how to make them work. Verizon can only run a 10 base roms till our update to A11 comes. And it's been whitelisted so it's soon.
Screenshot_20210102-085017725~2.jpg

Last edited:

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I'm op8 Verizon and been on pixel experience since early November so there's that. They do work on Verizon ,just have to know how to make them work. Verizon can only run a 10 base roms till our update to A11 comes. And it's been whitelisted so it's soon.View attachment 5175349

Personally i do not use verizon i'm in the UK, but there have been quite a few people asking about functionality so it's 100% an issue.

If theres something you can share with them then do so.

KaiseRRUby

Oct 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Guess I'm in the same boat as you. I can only boot into fastboot but cannot get into recovery. Tried reflashing the rom but when it tries to reboot fastboot my computer no longer sees the device. Same with trying to flash stock ROM except with that it just boots into a blank screen. I need help also!!

Seems like a totally different issue tbh. Go back to stock with MSM tool.

Daisymae

Mar 4, 2014
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 8 Pro
So, im trying to install this.

First i try to install the build with the -image at the end. When i do that, it goes well and it reboots in recovery. But the screen goes mental, thousands of different colours. Like looking at a broken TV screen.

It works, because i can see movement on the screen but not how its supposed to work i guess. I cannot boot into PA either..

First edit: i managed to get the first version to work. Used another recovery and that works. Now trying to sideload the second version.

Second edit: installing beta2 via sideload stops after 47%. Dont know why..

Third edit: problem was my recovery. I got another recovery from a xda user that works like a charm. Am on the latest PA now. Looks really good.

Only question: is it possible to remove the android bar at the bottom?

Wireless charging works. I get more juice but nowhere is shown that it's chsrgings.
Please share that recovery!

KaiseRRUby

Oct 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
My mistake then. Im really up the creek because I cant get into edo mode. It just keeps booting into fastboot.

If you can get into fastboot, you can get into EDL mode.

Make sure MSM tool is ready to go. Turn phone off. Hold volume up and down button at the same time for more than 5 seconds. Input charge cable when connected to computer. That will trigger EDL mode.

I dont have the recovery anymore and have no way to get it. @JoeSiam may be able to help, or join some Telegram groups like the CRdroid of PA telegram.

Daisymae

Mar 4, 2014
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 8 Pro
If you can get into fastboot, you can get into EDL mode.

Make sure MSM tool is ready to go. Turn phone off. Hold volume up and down button at the same time for more than 5 seconds. Input charge cable when connected to computer. That will trigger EDL mode.

I dont have the recovery anymore and have no way to get it. @JoeSiam may be able to help, or join some Telegram groups like the CRdroid of PA telegram.
Thanks for your response. In a weird convoluted way I managed to get recovery back and flash stock OOS to both slots. Now to try again...

Daisymae

Mar 4, 2014
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 8 Pro
LLLriRw.png

We are very excited to announce the alpha of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Device-specific issues
FOD has some issues with dimming, gets there eventually but goes full HBM then fades into dim. Also pretty slow on enrolling, but in actual use it's pretty fine.

There are likely many other issues, these are just the most prominent to me. Don't come into this with the expectation any issue you come across will be fixed in a timely manner.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download

Instructions
  1. Download the latest build we released.
  2. If you haven't flashed PA before, flash the "-image" build in bootloader with "fastboot update [build].
  3. If you have flashed PA before then sideload the OTA in recovery.
  4. Reboot into recovery right after that's done flashing, and wipe userdata.
Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
ZVNexus, xboxfanj, Vishalcj17, andrewfluck
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest OOS Open Beta
Based On: CAF

Version Information
Alpha
Current Beta Version: Ruby Alpha 2
Beta Release Date: 2020-11-22

Created 2020-11-23
Last Updated 2020-12-22
This is the first ASOP ROM (AFAIK) that recognizes Verizon SIMs. None of the others I've tried see a Verizon SIM at all with the settings for it greyed out. Any way you would mind sharing what you did on this to make it work? Thanks in advance.

galza

Sep 29, 2011
kabri
hi.flashed alpha 1 on my op8 pro and now i want to boot to recovery to sideload alpha 2 but when i boot i see alot of messed colors and cant see nothing.any workaround?

Reactions: ps000000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A7ZFoX9.png

We are very excited to announce the beta of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Device-specific issues
    Call related issues on Google Fi
    Miracast

There are likely many other issues, these are just the most prominent to me. Don't come into this with the expectation any issue you come across will be fixed in a timely manner.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download (Note, OP8 & Pro builds are no longer unified)

Instructions
    1. Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -image appended to zip name)
    2. Reboot to bootloader.
    3. Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update pa-*-signed-image.zip"
    4. Reboot into recovery after it is done flashing & wipe userdata.
    Starting with Beta 4, you must clean flash due to recent commits related to userdata.

If you already flashed Beta 1, then you can just sideload the OTA in recovery if it is avaliable, although there might be only fastboot images up for the latest version so keep that in mind.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 8/Pro

Contributors
    ZVNexus, xboxfanj, Vishalcj17, andrewfluck
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest OOS Open Beta
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: Ruby Beta 5
    Beta Release Date: 2021-02-25

Created 2020-11-23
    Last Updated 2021-02-25
    flashed beta 1 been running it for a while here's what I have found
    1) mtp does indeed make the phone go to crashdump
    2) color profiles don't work
    3) no way to change the refresh rate
    4) AOD makes the screen not turn back on have to restart the device to turn it on

AOD is fixed, MTP is fixed (maybeTM, only had about 2 people test), will be in Beta 2
    Fine I knew these developers are not so good. They just released more and more sapphire ROMs alpha for hype but they will never took time to polish perfect them. Dont like them at all. :'(

I just come here to check if they are great in developing the released roms
    You previously posted messages in the other thread complaining about the lack of update. Not only is your behaviour childish and ungrateful, it is also useless and totally irrelevant. It would be better if you kept your impatience to yourself, and stopped posting those off-topic messages. If you have any useful feedback, or any legitimate questions, feel free to post them. But refrain from posting complains in the futur, you already complained enough.
    Paranoid Recovery:
    Apply update from ADB
    "adb sideload
    pa-ruby-alpha-1-oneplus8-20201122.zip"

can someone please explain to me what it is(ADB)❓ and explain to me how I can install the Recovery, thank you very much 😁

If you need to ask these things you should not be installing this
    If you need to ask these things you should not be installing this
    If you're that toxic you should not be on this platform