• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Paranoid Android Ruby Beta - Oneplus 7T Pro

Search This thread

droidvark

Jul 22, 2013
Oke so I did that, rebooted, all was fine.

I did this, following the instructions:
Code:
$ fastboot update pa_oneplus7tpro-ruby-20210620-img-fastboot.zip
extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM...
--------------------------------------------     
Bootloader Version...:
Baseband Version.....:
Serial Number........: number
extracting boot.img (96 MB) to disk... took 0.451s
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'boot_other.img'
extracting dtbo.img (24 MB) to disk... took 0.098s
archive does not contain 'dtbo.sig'
archive does not contain 'dt.img'
extracting odm.img (2 MB) to disk... took 0.014s
archive does not contain 'odm.sig'
extracting product.img (1418 MB) to disk... took 8.115s
archive does not contain 'product.sig'
archive does not contain 'product-services.img'
extracting recovery.img (96 MB) to disk... took 0.402s
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'super.img'
extracting system.img (967 MB) to disk... took 5.441s
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
archive does not contain 'system_other.img'
extracting vbmeta.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.000s
archive does not contain 'vbmeta.sig'
extracting vendor.img (622 MB) to disk... took 3.006s
archive does not contain 'vendor.sig'
archive does not contain 'vendor_other.img'
Sending 'boot_a' (98304 KB)                        OKAY [  2.798s]
Writing 'boot_a'                                   OKAY [  0.422s]
Sending 'dtbo' (24576 KB)                          OKAY [  0.698s]
Writing 'dtbo'                                     OKAY [  0.117s]
Sending 'odm' (2636 KB)                            OKAY [  0.082s]
Writing 'odm'                                      FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')
Finished. Total time: 21.729s

I've not done anything else, the phone is still in fastboot mode. Any ideas how to proceed?

Edit: reboot boots back into Oneplus with some minor changes like smaller font / different dpi settings.

Last edited:

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
Oke so I did that, rebooted, all was fine.

I did this, following the instructions:
Code:
$ fastboot update pa_oneplus7tpro-ruby-20210620-img-fastboot.zip
extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM...
Bootloader Version...:
Baseband Version.....:
Serial Number........: number
extracting boot.img (96 MB) to disk... took 0.451s
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'boot_other.img'
extracting dtbo.img (24 MB) to disk... took 0.098s
archive does not contain 'dtbo.sig'
archive does not contain 'dt.img'
extracting odm.img (2 MB) to disk... took 0.014s
archive does not contain 'odm.sig'
extracting product.img (1418 MB) to disk... took 8.115s
archive does not contain 'product.sig'
archive does not contain 'product-services.img'
extracting recovery.img (96 MB) to disk... took 0.402s
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'super.img'
extracting system.img (967 MB) to disk... took 5.441s
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
archive does not contain 'system_other.img'
extracting vbmeta.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.000s
archive does not contain 'vbmeta.sig'
extracting vendor.img (622 MB) to disk... took 3.006s
archive does not contain 'vendor.sig'
archive does not contain 'vendor_other.img'
Sending 'boot_a' (98304 KB)                        OKAY [  2.798s]
Writing 'boot_a'                                   OKAY [  0.422s]
Sending 'dtbo' (24576 KB)                          OKAY [  0.698s]
Writing 'dtbo'                                     OKAY [  0.117s]
Sending 'odm' (2636 KB)                            OKAY [  0.082s]
Writing 'odm'                                      FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')
Finished. Total time: 21.729s

I've not done anything else, the phone is still in fastboot mode. Any ideas how to proceed?

Edit: reboot boots back into Oneplus with some minor changes like smaller font / different dpi settings.
On the lineage website there is a link to download a copy-partitions zip that will copy the active slot over to the inactive slot. I flashed the ROM with TWRP though...

droidvark

Jul 22, 2013
On the lineage website there is a link to download a copy-partitions zip that will copy the active slot over to the inactive slot. I flashed the ROM with TWRP though...

Thanks, yeh I found that by accident when I decided to try Lineage instead. I did that copy-partitions thing, installed Lineage without issues including mind the gaps (gapps). For whatever reason I couldn't get google to sync anything (I fixed the google app permissions) so after that, I tried Paranoid again and same thing happened.

Unfortunately I couldn't wait much longer (this is my main and only device) so i went back to stock OOS for the timebeing.

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks, yeh I found that by accident when I decided to try Lineage instead. I did that copy-partitions thing, installed Lineage without issues including mind the gaps (gapps). For whatever reason I couldn't get google to sync anything (I fixed the google app permissions) so after that, I tried Paranoid again and same thing happened.

Unfortunately I couldn't wait much longer (this is my main and only device) so i went back to stock OOS for the timebeing.
Yeah I get that with having only one main device same here! Paranoid Android is a really good ROM, but I like Resurrection remix the best right now as far as customization

TSKNF

Sep 11, 2019
The Rom is running very well. After installation, I only had to adjust the APN settings to make the internet work.

One bug I think I found. When I play Space Marshall 2 or 3 with a PS4 wireless pad, the controls start to lag extremely after about 30 seconds. This makes the game unplayable. If you deactivate the pad and then reactivate it, you have about 30 seconds before the game becomes unplayable again.

One more question about future updates. Is it possible to do this without losing all data on the device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here
    If you'd like to donate to me personally https://paypal.me/ritujbeniwal

Device-specific issues
    None as of now.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Requirements
    My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Instructions
    Note: Make sure you have latest OOS flashed beforehand on both the slots.
    Note: This will wipe your complete data partition (this includes ALL user data)

1) adb reboot bootloader
    2) fastboot update <pa_fastboot_zip>.zip
    3) Once the process is completed the device will reboot, press the vol-down button while the phone reboots to boot into recovery
    4) Select Factory Data reset and press "Yes" (navigation via volume buttons)
    5) Reboot

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Note: This is a slightly modified version of PA and does not represent how official PA will look like.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    New update is out for the ROM

June sec patch
    Automatic brightness improvements
    Battery life improvements
    FOD animation
    UI improvements
    Looks it all this wait was totally worth it, was able to boot it up without any issues, everything is working as expected, no crashes or random reboots till now, everything is so smooth and flawless really great word dev.

Thanks a ton for your hard work and the ROM.

Can be used as a daily driver for sure.

Only minor bug I noticed is while charging it shows slow charging but when checking the Ampere its actually dash charging, rest everything seems to be pin point perfect for now.

Update: Vibrate intensity is pretty low/soft, would be great if we could bump it up a bit.

Thank you.

Screenshot_20210529-035945.png
    Screenshot_20210529-040009.png
    Screenshot_20210529-040002.png
    Thanks!

I guess that's the fix, but how do I check if its necessary?

That I do not know. It's probably safer just to do it and save yourself a potential headache later. I have seen others end up with Qualcomm crashdump from not having both slots up to date.