• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development Paranoid Android Sapphire Alpha 2 - Oneplus 9 Pro

Search This thread

lukehong9

Oct 4, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sorry about another question. I am just really excited about getting this rom onto my OP9pro but am having trouble having it installed properly.

fastboot -w is working for me. But once I execute the fastboot flash ....zip, i get several errors as shown on the below picture. the person above suggested adb sideload. Would that need twrp (which I thought isn't compatible for Android 12 yet)?
Screenshot (2).png

x7almx

Dec 8, 2021
Sorry about another question. I am just really excited about getting this rom onto my OP9pro but am having trouble having it installed properly.

fastboot -w is working for me. But once I execute the fastboot flash ....zip, i get several errors as shown on the below picture. the person above suggested adb sideload. Would that need twrp (which I thought isn't compatible for Android 12 yet)?View attachment 5477821
i installed it in fastboot

x7almx

Dec 8, 2021
What bugs?

And does it make that much of a difference?
in camera its not full screen and when i receive a call sometimes its stay on black screen and i can feel the screen its still on but its not oh and my phone sometimes crash

i dont think there is alot of differences but i mostly use cmd instead of windows temrnial

daavid1995

Jan 19, 2011
Graz
OnePlus 9 Pro

fastboot -w is working for me. But once I execute the fastboot flash ....zip, i get several errors as shown on the below picture. the person above suggested adb sideload. Would that need twrp (which I thought isn't compatible for Android 12 yet)?View attachment 5477821
On what OOS version are you?
It only works if you an Android 11 afaik.

lukehong9

Oct 4, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
On what OOS version are you?
It only works if you an Android 11 afaik.
I tried on both Android 11 and 12. Both gave the same errors with "archive not does not contain 'xxxx'". I have deleted platform tools and reinstalled to make sure I have the latest SDK files.

Is there a reason why it keeps giving me that "archive does not contain 'xxxx'"? Do I still have an old SDK where it is trying to flash update files that aren't even supposed to update?

TheAfroGuy

Mar 19, 2013
I tried on both Android 11 and 12. Both gave the same errors with "archive not does not contain 'xxxx'". I have deleted platform tools and reinstalled to make sure I have the latest SDK files.

Is there a reason why it keeps giving me that "archive does not contain 'xxxx'"? Do I still have an old SDK where it is trying to flash update files that aren't even supposed to update?
I had to boot into fastbootD to get it to install - that is what the output is showing, it isn't able to boot into userspace fastboot.

Should pop up a screen with fastboot and 2.0 underneath it.

The command "fastboot reboot fastboot" should get you there - if you are having issues with your computer detecting your device in fastbootD do the following:

Download the OnePlus drivers and install them to your computer.

Boot into fastboot and then from there boot into fastbootD with the command "fastboot reboot fastboot".

If your device is not detected, go into device manager - you should see "Android Device" with a yellow triangle -right click, select update driver, and then manually update the driver with the oneplus_winusb_inf driver that should be stored in the OnePlus Driver folder in ProgramData(x86). (NOTE: Driver Signature Enforcement *must* be turned off if you are doing this on a Windows machine.)

You will then need to open the .zip archive with 7zip, go into the android-info.txt file, and update it with the name "OnePlus9Pro". Save it and then you should be able to flash it using the commands OP provided in the original post.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sry for rant. PA is great rom as it is even at alpha stage. BUT if you dont know how to use fastboot (or platform tools) mind if that those people could read and learn a bit more. And if custom is too hard to handle, maybe just stick with stock and complain to OnePlus. Just my thoughs..not directed to anyone directrly, just in general..
    How long do custom ROMs typically take to leave alpha/beta?
    As long as it takes.
    I get an error when its installing right after it reboots into fastbootd something with filesize being too large or location too small i flashed stable oos11 trough msmtool
    Unlocked bootloader
    Fastboot -w
    Flash aospa zip
    All success until it reboots into fastbootd and then an error
    Your getting the error because you need to take at least one Ota to ensure oos is on both slots. Fastboot update rom utilizes both slots to install. Take an Ota and repeat. It will work.
    I was about to ask what type of gaming you're referring to. I don't play games that are resource heavy. Still wondering about customization options / is it more vanilla and focused on stability / etc. Don't really want to go through the hassle of switching from my current rom, which honestly is working fine.
    I only play games like doodle Jump on my mobile. That also runs very well. I can do without functions like AI upscaling. That's why the OS is currently a good alternative to OxygenOS 12, which I don't like at all.
    Did you try changing slots? Well, anyway your case is not what I was talking about. It was a rant for people who want an easy way out, always..
    Happy holidays
    There was no way to change slots, no fastboot, no recovery, no twrp. Literally nothing worked but edl. Yeah I get ya, normally I can flash a stock boot or data wipe to fix it, but this was an odd one. Same to you my dude 🤙
    hT0uHEZ.png

We are very excited to announce the alpha of Paranoid Android Sapphire, based on Android 12.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice
    As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Device-specific issues
    [*] WFD

There are likely many other issues, these are just the most prominent to me. Don't come into this with the expectation any issue you come across will be fixed in a timely manner.

Requirements
    Make sure you are coming from any Android 11 based OxygenOS build, stable is recommended.

Downloads
    You can always get our Alpha builds from ourTelegram Group or directly download them from here:
    OnePlus 9 Pro Downloads
    (Note, OP9 & Pro builds are no longer unified)

Note: Custom kernels are not supported unless the kernel says it supports AOSPA and GMS is included!

Instructions
    [1] Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -img appended to zip name)
    [2] Reboot to bootloader.
    [3] Wipe userdata with the command "fastboot -w"
    [3] Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update aospa-*-img.zip"
    [4] Reboot.

Changelog
    [*]
    Fixed Chrome issues.
    [*] Fixed Mobile network issues with some carriers.
    [*] Performance optimizations.
    [*] Updated all system blobs to QSSI 12.

Starting with Alpha 1, you must clean flash due to recent commits related to userdata.

If you already flashed Alpha 1 and want to update, then you can just sideload the OTA in recovery if it is avaliable, although there might be only fastboot images up for the latest version so keep that in mind.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 9 Pro

Contributors
    33bca, ZVNexus, xboxfanj, andrewfluck
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS Android 11 and Above
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Alpha
    Current Version: Sapphire Alpha 2
    Release Date: 2021-12-13

Created 2021-12-06
    Last Updated 2021-12-13
    Alpha 2 is up! Changelog is on the first post.
    Thank you!
    [Thread Cleaned] I'm not sure whether it's related to XDA feeling rather blue today (what's even up with that?) but let's try not engaging in conflict. When someone replies in a seemingly dismissive manner, please always consider the possibility they have kind intentions. Let's not forget that text is easily misinterpreted and it's hard to express our corresponding emotions this way. Also note that everyone is always welcome to click that 'Report' button on a post that offends you, if only it was to rid yourself of your frustrations in that moment. Your request may or may not be addressed but we'll be happy to receive and process them anyway! Like so you always have an outlet, just please don't work out your frustrations on each other. We have [insert preferred social media platform] for that? And my PM box, there's that too (please go easy on me ^_^).

Thank you for your time and have an amazing and safe day y'all!
    Timmy
    Forum Moderator
    Unable to use GPay, not rooted.
    Will fix by stable release. But for now, i'll release an alpha 2 patch for chrome/Mobile network fixes.