Paranoid Android Sapphire Beta 2 - OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

joulukas

Apr 9, 2012
Tallinn
So today wiped everything and made a new flash. Factory reset, flash twrp, wipe everything in twrp, fastboot flash rom, factory reset, still no FP (meaning that tooltip tells me, that FP is on the back).

Am I doing something wrong?

joulukas

Apr 9, 2012
Tallinn
So today wiped everything and made a new flash. Factory reset, flash twrp, wipe everything in twrp, fastboot flash rom, factory reset, still no FP (meaning that tooltip tells me, that FP is on the back).

Am I doing something wrong?

Found somebody asking about Parandoid FP bug and gt reply about it and possible solution:
269546623_316695597037003_4250613623351487073_n.png

Obarakat95

Jan 4, 2022
After using for 3 days i have two bugs:
Wrap charging not working.
USB connection is not working (3 PC's and 2 cables tested).

joulukas

Apr 9, 2012
Tallinn
Wanted to try other a12 roms, to see different angles. After installing Pixel Experience and then -> full wipe - flash paranoid - factory reset, the numpad replacement issue was gone. So it would scale according to chosen screen size.

FP was ok on other roms (paranoid doesnt know the sensor).

RJFlames

Sep 18, 2010
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Coming from OOS11 and performing the exact installation steps in the original post, my phone won't connect to Google services after connecting to WiFi during setup or opening the Play Store to sign in later. I've collected a log of the situation but can't attach it to the post. Fingerprint works for me though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220104-093144.png
    Screenshot_20220104-093144.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20220104-094259.png
    Screenshot_20220104-094259.png
    63 KB · Views: 159

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
HTC U11
Google Pixel 4
Coming from OOS11 and performing the exact installation steps in the original post, my phone won't connect to Google services after connecting to WiFi during setup or opening the Play Store to sign in later. I've collected a log of the situation but can't attach it to the post. Fingerprint works for me though.
I had the same issue. I never figured it out, I moved on, hoping the next build works,, fyi I came across the same issue on pixel 12, there is a work around by selecting alternate backup

Last edited:

Ph0enix_216

Ran into the same problem, and my fingerprint sensor works just fine. Still couldn't find a solution; though I'm kinda debating on just deleting everything Google off of here.

Ran into the same problem, and my fingerprint sensor works just fine. Still couldn't find a solution; though I'm kinda debating on just deleting everything Google off of here.
Try remove builtin gapps with gapps remover and flash Nikgapps A12,you can choose core,basic,or stock gapps,

Attachments

• GappsTrashRemover_RS_v1.7.8.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 31
Reactions: Ph0enix_216

mayankmetha

Dec 2, 2017
If you flash via fastboot over the latest OOS11 and then do a factory reset from the new rom everything works fine.

Fingerprint UI layout is misaligned, but fingerprint is working. Same layout misalignment is seen when Biometric API is called from apps.

Display cutout in developer settings seems broken. Material you and dynamic theme seems to work fine. Need option to submit more themed grey icons mask template for adding themed icons in launcher.

cisco89

Feb 15, 2015
LG G3
Huawei P9 Plus
Last edited:

n0m1s

Apr 14, 2015
Hi. Is this ROM working with the 5G sprint variant of the OP7P? Working hard to find a way to install Android 12 on my GM1925

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KBrsVhN.png

We are very excited to announce the berta of Paranoid Android Sapphire, based on Android 12L.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app from the PlayStore.

Our builds are based on the Code Linaro Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice
    We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Device-specific issues
    None known

Requirements
    Make sure you are coming from any Android 11 based OxygenOS build, stable is recommended.

Downloads
    You can get our Beta builds directly from here:
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Note: Custom kernels are not supported unless the kernel says it supports AOSPA and GMS is included!

Instructions
    [1] Download the latest fastboot zip we released
    [2] Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update aospa-*-img.zip"
    [3] Reboot into recovery
    [4] Factory reset from recovery
    [5] Reboot

To upgrade to newer releases, just follow the original instructions and skip step 3 and 4

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Contributors
    Timo, ZVNexus, xboxfanj, andrewfluck
    Source Code: https://github.com/aospa-op7/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS Android 11
    Based On: CLO

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Version: Sapphire Beta 2
    Release Date: 2021-12-25

Created 2021-12-25
    Last Updated 2022-07-01
    New update, trees have been pretty much completely rebased by Omkar but unfortunately will also require a clean flash for reasons that I don't know

Short changelog:
    - Kernel (possibly temporarily) switched
    - Vendor has been updated from latest CAF S and OOS R
    - WFD has been **fixed**
    New update out with a decent amount of updated features, and a few bug fixes, mostly related to FOD.

device changelog:
    - fod should be completely fine now
    - rom and kernel are now compiled with sdclang instead of aosp clang
    - flashing custom kernels should work now (though still unsupported)
    - better auto brightness behavior
    New updateroo.

device changelog:

- updated blobs
    - erofs
    - fixed some camera issues
    - wireguard kernel support
    - fuse passthrough
    - V(ariable) R(efresh) R(ate), drops to 60 Hz on inactivity
    - incremental file system
    Forwarded from :
    https://t.me/aospaop7