Development [CLOSED] Paranoid Android Sapphire Beta 1 - Oneplus 9 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rejectedjs

Apr 1, 2012
Weird. I did exactly that, and it's working.

I think it is purely luck how smoothly someone gets through setup. Regardless of who you are, AOSPA setup WILL crash to fastboot multiple times, even if you data wipe after flashing.

I am running it right now, but I just chewed through all the crashes during setup and then once I got to the play store and updated webview, all of a sudden all the Google related crashes have stopped and the ROM seems fine

break.cold

Jun 25, 2014
I think it is purely luck how smoothly someone gets through setup. Regardless of who you are, AOSPA setup WILL crash to fastboot multiple times, even if you data wipe after flashing.

I am running it right now, but I just chewed through all the crashes during setup and then once I got to the play store and updated webview, all of a sudden all the Google related crashes have stopped and the ROM seems fine

I had 5 times fastboot menu reboot attempts. I am not it's relaeted to Google applications or not, I tried setting up the rom without Google login it works fine, but as soon as I start using Google Play store and start logging in, it goes to fastboot menu. I'm not sure it's related to Google application or something else it causing this.
Second, I also notice after using the rom for few hours, the battery drain is significantly high compare to other roms. I lost almost 15% in 40-45mins without any usage just on standby. Battery drain is very high in my opinion

rejectedjs

Apr 1, 2012
I had 5 times fastboot menu reboot attempts. I am not it's relaeted to Google applications or not, I tried setting up the rom without Google login it works fine, but as soon as I start using Google Play store and start logging in, it goes to fastboot menu. I'm not sure it's related to Google application or something else it causing this.
Second, I also notice after using the rom for few hours, the battery drain is significantly high compare to other roms. I lost almost 15% in 40-45mins without any usage just on standby. Battery drain is very high in my opinion

Google Play's first steps is to update Webview and other applications. It crashed for me during that process as well, but once all the updates finished, I've added 8 google accounts and downloaded plenty of roms with no crashes now. Even was able to add a fingerprint.

You can't really speak on battery drain during first boots of a ROM really, you have to let the ROM settle beforehand, because I've mostly been in standby for the last hour (15 minutes screen on time to access some emails and stuff) and I've lost 2%.

break.cold

Jun 25, 2014
Google Play's first steps is to update Webview and other applications. It crashed for me during that process as well, but once all the updates finished, I've added 8 google accounts and downloaded plenty of roms with no crashes now. Even was able to add a fingerprint.

You can't really speak on battery drain during first boots of a ROM really, you have to let the ROM settle beforehand, because I've mostly been in standby for the last hour (15 minutes screen on time to access some emails and stuff) and I've lost 2%.

What process you go through to install the rom?

rejectedjs

Apr 1, 2012
What process you go through to install the rom?

I went through the normal process, MSM, took local update to 11.2.10.10 and then flashing the rom using fastboot -w then fastboot update aospa.zip. System boots and then reboot to recovery and data wipe before then booting into system again.

To be honest, I doubt the last data wipe actually does anything. YOU WILL crash during setup. But just eat all of the setup crashes, including signing in to google, set up google play, go into manage apps & devices and make sure to update all pending updates (you will probably crash a couple more times) and then after that, all should be stable. I probably crashed at least like 8 times during this process.

To me, this is worth it because as I am a gamer #1 on my phone, AOSPA so far has been the fastest and most responsive ROM to game on that I've tried, nothing compares. Now that setup is out of the way, all the Google apps work fine, games run better than ever overall system snappiness is better than any ROM tbh.

Only thing is, don't come into AOSPA expecting a super feature-filled ROM, you're gonna have to look into some Magisk modules or apps for that, its purely built for speed and stability.

Last edited:

benhidalgo

Dec 13, 2012
We’re excited to announce the updated Beta build of Paranoid Android Sapphire, based on Android 12L.

We're sticking with "Beta 1" naming to match the status of other PA releases, but rest assured, it is a new build.

The platform had more than PA-specific 500 commits from the last Beta release.

Device-wise, the new build includes the latest arter97 kernel r20.
Please refer to its thread for relevant changes.

The PA device tree also has been modified to support future arter97 kernel builds as well.

Here are some device-specific changes:

- Fixed post boot script applying incorrect tuning values
- Dimensions synced with other custom ROMs

And here are some platform-wise highlights:

- New VRR method implemented to drastically improve battery life
- The memory allocator is now back to jemalloc, which improves performance throughout the system
- Optimized bionic, memory routines (ported by xboxfanj)
- zlib-ng from kdrag0n’s ProtonAOSP to improve performance
- Latest libjpeg-turbo merged to improve imaging performance
- Latest CAF tag merged

As always, there’s a lot more stuff going under the hood, especially the new kernel release.

Enjoy!

A clean flash is highly recommended.
Download link:
HUH!

alb94

Dec 21, 2016
For those who have a reboot as soon as you install:
1-After installation, even before configuring, go back to recovery and do a factory reset, and restart the system.
2- After restarting, do not add any accounts, just skip the steps.
3- Enter the Playstore application and login to your account, and consequently update all your applications. And see if the rebooting problem has stopped. I did that, and I had no problem. So far more than 24hrs later, everything runs fast and smooth.

arter97

Recognized Developer
Oct 14, 2012
Seoul
An updated PA build is now live.

We're sticking with "Beta 1" naming, the build dates will be different.

This time, FUSE passthrough has been enabled to utilize the kernel's unique android12-5.4 base.
This will improve storage performance.

Changes since 20220611:
- Latest CAF tags merged
- Enabled FUSE passthrough for better storage performance
- Radio properties matched with stock configuration
- Patches added for arter97 kernel r21 beta builds (the PA build itself will be staying on stable r20 release, it'll just be r21-ready)
- Latest Google Apps and modules merged

gillim74

Jul 28, 2012
Celina ohio
An updated PA build is now live.

We're sticking with "Beta 1" naming, the build dates will be different.

This time, FUSE passthrough has been enabled to utilize the kernel's unique android12-5.4 base.
This will improve storage performance.

Changes since 20220611:
- Latest CAF tags merged
- Enabled FUSE passthrough for better storage performance
- Radio properties matched with stock configuration
- Patches added for arter97 kernel r21 beta builds (the PA build itself will be staying on stable r20 release, it'll just be r21-ready)
- Latest Google Apps and modules merged
Dl link not working.get measage bad arter97 lol

Diaze

Jun 8, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
rom has oos 11 level of smoothness.
only bugs are fast charging sometimes not working and the fastboot reboots when u set it up.
other than that is the best rom i tried for this phone

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Anyone know why I'm getting this from Energy Ring? I tried changing the name from "OnePlus 9 Pro" to LE2123, still getting the same, is there another definition location for the name?

Screenshot_20220619-155320_Energy Ring_ Universal Edition.png

It works fine on other roms, had to end up using the energy bar instead (up top)

EtherealRemnant

Anyone know why I'm getting this from Energy Ring? I tried changing the name from "OnePlus 9 Pro" to LE2123, still getting the same, is there another definition location for the name?

View attachment 5641223

It works fine on other roms, had to end up using the energy bar instead (up top)
I'm not using this ROM but when I had that error on Nameless I remember I opened up the app and at the bottom of the screen there is a place where you can select your device. I changed it from the codename to the device name and then I was able to turn it on. Maybe try that?

Reactions: djsubterrain

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
I'm not using this ROM but when I had that error on Nameless I remember I opened up the app and at the bottom of the screen there is a place where you can select your device. I changed it from the codename to the device name and then I was able to turn it on. Maybe try that?

I don't see any such option anywhere in the app or it's settings

For clarity this is "Energy Ring Universal Edition"

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
This is how it looks on my device.

View attachment 5641453View attachment 5641455
Maybe it's because I paid? I don't know but I had to switch from lemonade to OnePlus 9.

OK...I got it now, I had to buy the :

Contribution - Large (Unlimited Device Models) (Energy Ring: Universal Edition) (by IJP)£7.99

..then it lets me choose the OnePlus9Pro and the button is shown

Screenshot_20220620-075643_Energy Ring_ Universal Edition.png

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Do you get the problem where it'll just disable itself on A12 roms? It's a common comment in his app reviews, I get it too on OxygenOS or custom roms.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    <Moderator Edit>: All download links removed and thread closed due to OP's inactivity and non-working Download link.

hT0uHEZ.png

We are very excited to announce the alpha of Paranoid Android Sapphire, based on Android 12.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice
    As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

Device-specific issues
    [*] Pocket-detection is less than ideal, it may result in accidental wake-ups or ignored gestures
    [*] Bootanimation will pause for a split second. This is a known issue from the kernel

There are likely many other issues, these are just the most prominent to me. Don't come into this with the expectation any issue you come across will be fixed in a timely manner.

Requirements
    Make sure you are coming from any Android 11 based OxygenOS build, stable is recommended.

Downloads
    You can always get our Beta builds from our Telegram Group or directly download them from here:

(Note, OP9 & Pro builds are no longer unified)

Note: Custom kernels are not supported unless the kernel says it supports AOSPA and GMS is included!

Instructions
    [1] Download the latest fastboot zip we released (hint: it has an -img appended to zip name)
    [2] Reboot to bootloader.
    [3] Wipe userdata with the command "fastboot -w"
    [3] Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update aospa-*-image.zip"
    [4] Reboot.

Changelog

Here are platform-wise highlights:

- The memory allocator is now back to jemalloc, which improves performance throughout the system
    - Latest CAF tag merged

Starting with Beta 1, you must clean flash due to recent commits related to userdata.

Important / Useful links

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the OnePlus 9 Pro

Contributors
    33bca, ZVNexus, xboxfanj, andrewfluck,arter97
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS Android 11 and Above
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Alpha
    Current Version: Sapphire Alpha 2
    Release Date: 2021-12-13

Created 2021-12-06
    Last Updated 2022-06-12
    We’re excited to announce the first Beta build of Paranoid Android Sapphire.

The platform had more than PA-specific 700 commits from the last Alpha release, along with a huge list of device-specific improvements.

Here are some device-specific highlights:

- Prebuilt blobs are revamped to fix various issues (audio, video, NFC, etc)
    - Sleep mode is changed to fix excessive idle battery drain
    - VRR implementation is now working, which will improve battery life a lot
    - Corner masks are now done properly
    - Fingerprint improvements
    - Kernel switched to a customized version of arter97 kernel

Here are platform-wise highlights:

- Latest CAF tag merged
    - kdrag0n’s Repainter service integrated
    - Latest f2fs-tools
    - Few optimizations merged from kdrag0n’s ProtonAOSP
    - Burn-in protection feature added

There’s a lot more stuff going under the hood, especially the big kernel switch. All in all, this build will be drastically different from previous builds.

With that said, there are some known issues:

- Mobile network will initialize a bit slowly after boot
    - Wi-Fi may not work on a few reboots. You may have to reboot multiple times for Wi-Fi to work
    - Pocket-detection is less than ideal, it may result in accidental wake-ups or ignored gestures
    - Bootanimation will pause for a split second. This is a known issue from the kernel

Enjoy!

Download link:
    Alpha 2 is up! Changelog is on the first post.
    Thank you!
    We’re excited to announce the updated Beta build of Paranoid Android Sapphire, based on Android 12L.

We're sticking with "Beta 1" naming to match the status of other PA releases, but rest assured, it is a new build.

The platform had more than PA-specific 500 commits from the last Beta release.

Device-wise, the new build includes the latest arter97 kernel r20.
    Please refer to its thread for relevant changes.

The PA device tree also has been modified to support future arter97 kernel builds as well.

Here are some device-specific changes:

And here are some platform-wise highlights:

- Latest CAF tag merged

As always, there’s a lot more stuff going under the hood, especially the new kernel release.

Enjoy!

Download link: