Paranoid Android Sapphire Beta 2 - OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

Jessej93

Oct 10, 2015
Coming from OOS 11 I opted to do a oem unlock to try this rom but once in fastboot and using the fastboot update commnd, it fails "no android-info.txt. Id really like to try this rom as i Have always loved Paranoid. any help would be greatly appreciated. I just MSM back to stock from KOSP and thinking of going back but if I can get this going first Id highly appreciate it.

Okay I Downloaded aospa-sapphire-1-oneplus7pro-beta-20220610-image.zip from telegram channel and the update went through. BUT....upon factory rest my device just hangs on boot. any suggestion.

Last edited:

N_RaZ

Aug 3, 2016
Also coming from OOS 11 Beta 5 - had almost no problems flashing Beta 1 20220610 from gdrive.
But now im not abled to install TWRP 3.6.2_11-0 for OP7Pro again (hangs on TWRP screen for a while, then running into "out of Memory") any ideas for fixing that ?

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
Coming from OOS 11 I opted to do a oem unlock to try this rom but once in fastboot and using the fastboot update commnd, it fails "no android-info.txt. Id really like to try this rom as i Have always loved Paranoid. any help would be greatly appreciated. I just MSM back to stock from KOSP and thinking of going back but if I can get this going first Id highly appreciate it.

Okay I Downloaded aospa-sapphire-1-oneplus7pro-beta-20220610-image.zip from telegram channel and the update went through. BUT....upon factory rest my device just hangs on boot. any suggestion.

Make sure you have updated your fastboot/adb to the newest versions. I had a similar issue. I am now on version:

H:\Joel\Downloads>fastboot --version
fastboot version 33.0.2-8557947
Installed as H:\Joel\Downloads\fastboot.exe

Reactions: Jessej93

Gyngakid

Apr 20, 2016
The download link appears not not be working for me. Is this just an issue i am having or is this a known issue?

Robomotto100

Mar 15, 2018
In telegram beta 2 for OP7Pro has two files different sizes. One is 1.59GB and the other 1.75GB. What's the difference? I'm currently on beta 1 and would like to upgrade to beta 2

Epic028

Jan 5, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
In telegram beta 2 for OP7Pro has two files different sizes. One is 1.59GB and the other 1.75GB. What's the difference? I'm currently on beta 1 and would like to upgrade to beta 2
One's formatted differently depending on how you want to flash it. The 1.6gb can be flashed through adb sideload and the 1.75gb -img file can be flashed through fastboot with update command or by flashing each partition.

Robomotto100

Mar 15, 2018
Is anyone using gcam with this rom? if so what xml and which gcam version, link if possible. Paranoid Android camera app is very very simple and not great

JS.zip

Dec 5, 2016
Didsbury

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220729-110955_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220729-110955_Settings.png
    282.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20220729-110941_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220729-110941_Settings.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 39

CrimsinXIII

Jul 19, 2022
Seattle, WA
OnePlus 7 Pro
Since I am a firm believer in never assuming things. Especially when the wrong assumption can lead to rather disastrous results (i.e. my phone no longer functioning). Wanted to clarify what the OP's instructions say. It says to flash their latest fastboot.zip. Is that the ROM downloaded via the link or is there some other fastboot.zip that I need to get.

Also why is there two different downloads. One that ends with image.zip and one that is just .zip

aospa-sapphire-2-oneplus7pro-beta-20220701-image.zip

&

aospa-sapphire-2-oneplus7pro-beta-20220701.zip

Sorry for the prolly stupid questions. Been awhile since I used any ROMs. Last time I flashed anything was on my Nexus 5 😁... So a few years ago or so lol

Epic028

Jan 5, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Since I am a firm believer in never assuming things. Especially when the wrong assumption can lead to rather disastrous results (i.e. my phone no longer functioning). Wanted to clarify what the OP's instructions say. It says to flash their latest fastboot.zip. Is that the ROM downloaded via the link or is there some other fastboot.zip that I need to get.

Also why is there two different downloads. One that ends with image.zip and one that is just .zip

aospa-sapphire-2-oneplus7pro-beta-20220701-image.zip

&

aospa-sapphire-2-oneplus7pro-beta-20220701.zip

Sorry for the prolly stupid questions. Been awhile since I used any ROMs. Last time I flashed anything was on my Nexus 5 😁... So a few years ago or so lol
Fastest and easiest way to install it is using fastboot update command using the -image.zip file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KBrsVhN.png

We are very excited to announce the berta of Paranoid Android Sapphire, based on Android 12L.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app from the PlayStore.

Our builds are based on the Code Linaro Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice
    We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here

Device-specific issues
    None known

Requirements
    Make sure you are coming from any Android 11 based OxygenOS build, stable is recommended.

Downloads
    You can get our Beta builds directly from here:
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Note: Custom kernels are not supported unless the kernel says it supports AOSPA and GMS is included!

Instructions
    [1] Download the latest fastboot zip we released
    [2] Flash the fastboot zip with "fastboot update aospa-*-img.zip"
    [3] Reboot into recovery
    [4] Factory reset from recovery
    [5] Reboot

To upgrade to newer releases, just follow the original instructions and skip step 3 and 4

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Contributors
    Timo, ZVNexus, xboxfanj, andrewfluck
    Source Code: https://github.com/aospa-op7/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS Android 11
    Based On: CLO

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Version: Sapphire Beta 2
    Release Date: 2021-12-25

Created 2021-12-25
    Last Updated 2022-07-01
    New update, trees have been pretty much completely rebased by Omkar but unfortunately will also require a clean flash for reasons that I don't know

Short changelog:
    - Kernel (possibly temporarily) switched
    - Vendor has been updated from latest CAF S and OOS R
    - WFD has been **fixed**
    New update out with a decent amount of updated features, and a few bug fixes, mostly related to FOD.

device changelog:
    - fod should be completely fine now
    - rom and kernel are now compiled with sdclang instead of aosp clang
    - flashing custom kernels should work now (though still unsupported)
    - better auto brightness behavior
    New updateroo.

device changelog:

- updated blobs
    - erofs
    - fixed some camera issues
    - wireguard kernel support
    - fuse passthrough
    - V(ariable) R(efresh) R(ate), drops to 60 Hz on inactivity
    - incremental file system
    Forwarded from :
    https://t.me/aospaop7