Development Paranoid Android Topaz 6 - Nothing phone (1)

Search This thread

MarcoReckless

Other than some lag in the beginning (probably due to me charging while transferring data, probably causing even more heat and making it throttle), now it's smooth as expected, the only real problem I'm facing is not being able to record videos in chat apps (ex. WhatsApp).

Taylorsay

Nov 16, 2022
Other than some lag in the beginning (probably due to me charging while transferring data, probably causing even more heat and making it throttle), now it's smooth as expected, the only real problem I'm facing is not being able to record videos in chat apps (ex. WhatsApp).
What about Snapchat? Also are you a tiktok user? My refresh rate is capped at 60 in nothing os with no way to stop it. Is it 120 on PA?

gamal001

Jul 15, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Nothing Phone 1
I'm not 100% sure, but that should be the new Play Integrity API, if that's the case you can't really bypass it (at least for now) because it checks the bootloader status.

I'm not 100% sure, but that should be the new Play Integrity API, if that's the case you can't really bypass it (at least for now) because it checks the bootloader status.
actual one app (government app) when installing and starting run coming message "This application can not run on rooted devices".
the other applications are running okay.

MarcoReckless

actual one app (government app) when installing and starting run coming message "This application can not run on rooted devices".
the other applications are running okay.
I'm aware of that, not all apps have implemented it (I can use my banking apps just fine, they all still use SafetyNet) and not all the apps that have implemented it have the same requirement (you can have MEETS_BASIC_INTEGRITY as a requirement for example and still be able to use the app on a rooted device, as long as the developer doesn't implement the MEETS_STRONG_INTEGRITY requirement you should be good).
I assume you already have the SafetyNex fix and you hid the apps through Magisk? Because I'm able to use all the apps that require SafetyNex just fine, I didn't even need the MagiskHide Props module.

Last edited:

Taylorsay

Nov 16, 2022
Can you provide a little more detailed information?
Honestly no. I spent hours that night trying to just flash whatever I could to get it working again. I must've flashed about 15 times.

I can't remember the video I used but it's possible it could have been the unbrick/downgrade/revert video from 4utech. It has about 500 views. I skimmed through it and it looked like the process I did. I'd start there. Make sure you have the eea version. I think I started on 1.1.3 and did ota after it was all done

MarcoReckless

I found these issues so far:
- Unable to record videos in chat apps (can send them properly if I record them using the system camera)
- The screen doesn't wake up sometimes (I can't wake up the screen unless I tap power twice, this doesn't happen if I use double tap to wake and AOD is already disabled, the power button works properly only shortly after turning it off so it's probably some idle/powersaving thing)
- Special permissions are randomly resetting (from what I've seen this bug is related to Android 13 and not PA itself, many posts report this in the Android 13 beta and it applies only to the special ones such as managing files, I ticked the option to avoid resetting them but it gets ignored, it's not related to reboots but it happens every once in a while)

Other than these ones, the ROM is running properly, I'm looking forward to the beta.

This one and this one are the posts that I've seen where the permission issues was reported.

Last edited:
Reactions: flozge
Nov 26, 2022
Is there no NFC button on the control panel? I use NFC usefully, but I can't set the NFC button in the control panel while using that rom. I always use NFC with Bluetooth - NFC -ON &OFF Please improve!

RivalTin

Jan 16, 2022
Congrat' for developers, Topaz 3 for Phone (1) is even better than stock OS in my opinion. UDFPS is much faster than stock rom and there are fewer bugs in this custom OS. My special fav' is glyph flashlight wich is a brilliant feature. The only 2 things I wanna see in the future: the stock camera integration (difficult to perform) and the fully working glyph functions. Thank you for your work, guys.

Nov 26, 2022
My phone (1) had wifi issues from the stock rom.

The signal strength comes out normally, but when I actually use Wi-Fi, the speed becomes very, very slow after a while, and each time I had to turn Wi-Fi off and then turn it on again.

(Even after going through this process, the actual Wi-Fi operating time at normal speed did not exceed 1 minute.)

I tried to send A/S, but the distance was too far, and I gave up because there was no answer even when I inquired on the official page.

I've tried all custom roms, and all of them had problems with WiFi, and the only custom rom that my WiFi worked normally was Topaz Alpha 3.

I don't know how the developer solved this problem, or where there is a difference from Topaz Alpha 3 in the case of other custom roms, but I really wanted to tell the developer this.

Thanks to the developers of Topaz Alpha 3.

Without the Topaz Alpha 3, I wouldn't have been able to afford my data bill.

Reactions: drashlex

drashlex

Oct 12, 2020
My phone (1) had wifi issues from the stock rom.

The signal strength comes out normally, but when I actually use Wi-Fi, the speed becomes very, very slow after a while, and each time I had to turn Wi-Fi off and then turn it on again.

(Even after going through this process, the actual Wi-Fi operating time at normal speed did not exceed 1 minute.)

I tried to send A/S, but the distance was too far, and I gave up because there was no answer even when I inquired on the official page.

I've tried all custom roms, and all of them had problems with WiFi, and the only custom rom that my WiFi worked normally was Topaz Alpha 3.

I don't know how the developer solved this problem, or where there is a difference from Topaz Alpha 3 in the case of other custom roms, but I really wanted to tell the developer this.

Thanks to the developers of Topaz Alpha 3.

Without the Topaz Alpha 3, I wouldn't have been able to afford my data bill.
For me too, this is the only ROM that solved my WiFi problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frame 30-70.png

We are very excited to announce Paranoid Android Topaz, based on Android 13.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with beautiful wallpapers from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app from the PlayStore.

Our builds are based on the Code Linaro Organization Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

We kindly ask all of you that are in a position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

* You tell us

Requirements

Make sure you've latest platform tools for Android.

Download

You can always get our builds from our website Paranoid Android website

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa, as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them. For more detailed information please have a look at the second post of this thread of each build changelog on the website.

Paranoid Android Topaz released

Instructions

• Unlock your bootloader, and in bootloader mode follow the next command

fastboot update aospa-topaz-alpha-*-image.zip

After the reboot, factory reset the device (only required for the first time you flash Paranoid Android)

Kernel source.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Download Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    Paranoid Android Topaz Alpha 2 is out!

This update includes the following device specific changes:

Fixed 5G indicator on statusbar and improved data connectivity
    Fixed UDFPS on lockscreen
    Improved vibration haptics

For download links you can find the links in the next tweet (not available on website for infrastructure problems):

Tweet

#StayParanoid
    New update out. Security Patch Level: 2023-04-05

Updated to lastest kernel sources
    Added call and notifications patterns
    Added Music Visualizer / Disco Mode to Glyph Performance improvements and bug fixes.