Development Paranoid Android Topaz Beta 1 - Google Pixel 7 Pro

Search This thread

Grusel

Jun 1, 2013
Redmi Note 10
I had unlocked the bootloader, followed the instruction with wipe and flash aospa now.. my Phone reboot on Google Splash Screen now all the time.. What can i do?

EDIT: Ah i have to flash it on both Slots, sorry it boots now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Malbo06

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
@sirhc will we be able to pass CTS? If we do not root for example
Currently no, because current pixel build fingerprints don't work for whatever reason. We use Nexus 6P fingerprint in source as the default to override and pass safety cts but I override that again with pixel thinking it was gonna be fine, apparently not lol but even failing CTS, banking apps, Gpay and Netflix etc. Still work based upon my testing 🤷

Mash1ro

Nov 29, 2017
Currently no, because current pixel build fingerprints don't work for whatever reason. We use Nexus 6P fingerprint in source as the default to override and pass safety cts but I override that again with pixel thinking it was gonna be fine, apparently not lol but even failing CTS, banking apps, Gpay and Netflix etc. Still work based upon my testing 🤷
Got it, yeah as long as gpay and banking apps work along with the streaming ones it's fine. I wonder which apps require CTS...

Is there a particular reason why you overrode the fp back to pixel?

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
Got it, yeah as long as gpay and banking apps work along with the streaming ones it's fine. I wonder which apps require CTS...

Is there a particular reason why you overrode the fp back to pixel?
Because otherwise your Pixel would be recognized as a Nexus 6P which is tacky to me, especially with things like "Find my device"

Reactions: Mash1ro

fritzgerald

Mar 8, 2007
Bakersfield
Am I doing something wrong? Brand new P7P, flashed latest stock image, then proceeded to wipe and flash PA. Cannot get Chrome to open. Crashes immediately when trying to open. Haven't done any set up or even put a SIM card in yet. Just skipped past all the initial settings and connected to WiFi.

Edit: User error. Updating after setting up the phone solved it.

Last edited:

mrkmailhot

Nov 21, 2014
I currently have an unofficial lineage os rom installed on my phone with the phone being unlocked and rooted. Do I need to bring it back to stock Google with unlocked before installing this? Also does this rom include Gapps or does that need to installed after a reboot to recovery?

I currently have an unofficial lineage os rom installed on my phone with the phone being unlocked and rooted. Do I need to bring it back to stock Google with unlocked before installing this? Also does this rom include Gapps or does that need to installed after a reboot to recovery?
It says explicitly in the OP to flash GAPPs after flashing the ROM in Recovery

• Haha
Reactions: Mrcactuseater

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the rom

So far working well

Is there anyways to get back the original camera app with the additional functionality?

I tried installing gcam apk 8.7 but it just force closes

Thanks in advance
    Maybe it'll get fixed in August update till then just wait...
    I read in the telegram group that the maintainer is moving atm. Therefore he is probably busy with lifestuff and will hopefully return to the ROM in the future.
    View attachment 5765657

We are very excited to announce the beta of Paranoid Android Topaz, based on Android 13.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with beautiful wallpapers from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app from the PlayStore.

Our builds are based on the Code Linaro Organization Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

We kindly ask all of you that are in a position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

* No issues have be found upon testing, feel free to report if you encounter any.

Requirements

Make sure you've latest platform tools for Android.

Download

You can always get our builds from our website Paranoid Android website

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa, as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them. For more detailed information please have a look at the second post of this thread of each build changelog on the website.

Paranoid Android Topaz released

Instructions

• Make sure your data is backed up (via Google or other services)

Unlock your bootloader, and in bootloader mode follow the next command

fastboot -w (Wipes the entire device as well as userdata)

fastboot update aospa-topaz-beta-*-image.zip

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Download Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Source code
    Kernel

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    hello. i just flashed the rom on my pixel 7 pro and it will only boot to the google logo. it shuts down immediately following the logo and tries to boot again. can you help with a correction? thank you
    7 Pro Beta.png

We are very excited to announce the beta of Paranoid Android Topaz, based on Android 13.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with beautiful wallpapers from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app from the PlayStore.

Our builds are based on the Code Linaro Organization Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

We kindly ask all of you that are in a position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

* No issues have be found upon testing, feel free to report if you encounter any.

Requirements

Make sure you've latest platform tools for Android.

Download

You can always get our builds from our website Paranoid Android website

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa, as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them. For more detailed information please have a look at the second post of this thread of each build changelog on the website.

Paranoid Android Topaz released

Instructions

• Make sure your data is backed up (via Google or other services)

Unlock your bootloader, and in bootloader mode follow the next command

fastboot -w (Wipes the entire device as well as userdata)

fastboot update aospa-topaz-beta-*-image.zip

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Download Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Source code
    Kernel

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    This is VERY valuable knowledge - thank you. Camera performance is paramount for me. You just saved me hours of work and worry wiping, flashing, setting up PA and maybe Lineage, only to have to revert back to stock due to image quality issues. Hopefully someday camera source code may be made open, or maybe some of the brilliant devs out there may figure out a solution.
    Don't believe him, his statement is wrong. I have already said that yesterday but seems like people just keep skipping it.
    Fixed, the website didn't get updated until the threads were posted
    This rom has support for OTA updates. If you plan to stick around with PA, your feedback will be appreciated on our new OTA system. We're consistently testing full and incremental OTA updates.

Key Features

- Face unlock support
    - A slew of Pixel exclusive features
    The Google Camera was made to run on Pixel devices, whatever HALs, libs, permissions, etc, not in AOSP already can be extracted from the device itself (and it's not a lot, lol)
    This is VERY valuable knowledge - thank you. Camera performance is paramount for me. You just saved me hours of work and worry wiping, flashing, setting up PA and maybe Lineage, only to have to revert back to stock due to image quality issues. Hopefully someday camera source code may be made open, or maybe some of the brilliant devs out there may figure out a solution.
    My cam works just fine, if this is the first time being on a Pixel for some of you, then you're stressing about nothing, lol, Google Camera was made for Pixels.

I can't speak for this PA build because I haven't flashed it, my builds have everything stock has, plus some. I can still use my camera to zoom @ 30x, the macro works as expected, now playing, etc, etc

There's only one way to see if a custom ROM is right for you...

That's my two pennies...