Development Paranoid Android Topaz Beta 1 - Google Pixel 7 Pro

Search This thread

[email protected]

Nov 5, 2010
anyone having issue with device not able to setup wallet, netflix not showing in playstore and 5G not working in At&t?

primaleph

Dec 16, 2012
The only bug I've seen so far is the fingerprint not working on 1080p, device needs to be set on 1440p in order to work, other than that it runs pretty fine, I'm happy with this rom so far

On my Pixel 7 Pro, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work at all. Not in either resolution. I was able to set it up during initial setup, but it wouldn't recognize my fingerprint afterwards. I changed the screen resolution and it still didn't recognize my finger, so I deleted the saved fingerprint and tried to make another one. This failed repeatedly. Rebooting seems to have no effect.

In case this is relevant, I also had trouble with fastboot freezing midway through, so I had to flash with the ADB image. My phone isn't rooted.

J0nhy

Jan 22, 2016
On my Pixel 7 Pro, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work at all. Not in either resolution. I was able to set it up during initial setup, but it wouldn't recognize my fingerprint afterwards. I changed the screen resolution and it still didn't recognize my finger, so I deleted the saved fingerprint and tried to make another one. This failed repeatedly. Rebooting seems to have no effect.

In case this is relevant, I also had trouble with fastboot freezing midway through, so I had to flash with the ADB image. My phone isn't rooted.
My phone is rooted and adb works fine and the fingerprint also works fine on 1440p

primaleph

Dec 16, 2012
I just want to say how much more this rom is making me appreciate my new P7 Pro. I've had it less than a week, and been honestly horrified at how bad the battery life is. Even after turning off most of the fancy new features and setting it to prefer LTE over 5g, the battery barely made it to the end of the day. Compared with my Pixel 4a 5g and Essential Phone, this was abysmal.

I contacted Google about this, and they suggested factory resetting it when it had only been taken out of the original packaging two days before. Ridiculous. I've been in tech support for 25 years and I've never heard of such a thing. They were just wasting my time.

With the PA beta installed, my battery drains half as quickly (possibly as little as one third as quickly) as it did before, when I'm actively using it. Even better, when I'm not actively using it, the battery hardly drains at all. This is the behavior I'm used to from my old phones, rather than the 5+ percent per hour battery drain I used to have from the phone sitting in my pocket. As others have mentioned, the interface feels very smooth and polished for the most part. The phone feels de-bloated, in much the same way as when I rooted my old Galaxy S3 and Note 4 and put AOSP or Lineage on them. So far, this build seems very stable for a first beta.

However, I have noticed a few minor bugs:

1. I get occasional all-black screens, meaning the text is black on a black background. One of these happened during the initial setup process, but I've seen it in apps once in a while also. I think this may be about the way dark mode is implemented, because it didn't happen with the stock software.

2. The top row of icons, including the time, is doubled when I pull down the top menu. At the very top of the screen, the words "Google Fi" are partly superimposed over the date on the left, and then the rest of the icons look normal on the right. The time is missing from that line. Then there's a gap of two lines. Right below it, above the brightness slider, the time is on the left under the date, and all the icons on the right are duplicates of the ones on the top row. Glad to provide a picture if no one has reported this already.

3. As mentioned in my reply above, the fingerprint sensor has stopped working at all. Doesn't matter what screen resolution I'm using. (However, face unlock is working significantly better than it did on stock, especially in low light.)

4. Occasionally, I get pop-up notifications that Adaptive Connectivity Services has stopped working, and I have to close it.

I hope this information is helpful. If there's a bug tracker site where I should enter these separately, I'll be glad to do that.

Last edited:

primaleph

Dec 16, 2012
My phone is rooted and adb works fine and the fingerprint also works fine on 1440p

I'm glad for you, but I don't plan to root my phone unless the developers tell me I should. ADB worked fine for me without root, and fastboot did too for unlocking the bootloader, just not for flashing.

primaleph

Dec 16, 2012
I noticed something else unusual today. The screen sometimes dims much more than I want it to, even if adaptive brightness is turned off and it's charging from the power adapter. This is especially problematic when I'm outside or in my car.

When I check the brightness slider, it seems to be much higher than the current brightness of the screen when it happens. And I don't have to adjust it, I just have to tap on it and then the brightness goes back to what it was.

dmbardal

Pixel 6 and 7 have very buggy Bluetooth implementations compared to the flawless Bluetooth of my Note 20 Ultra. Has this rom had any updates or improvements to the Bluetooth or is it the same as factory?

'Very buggy'?
Haven't seen or heard anyone having 'very buggy' bluetooth, and myself I have never had anything but perfect bluetooth-connection on my Pixel 7 here in Europe.
On stock ROM that is.

EtherealRemnant

'Very buggy'?
Haven't seen or heard anyone having 'very buggy' bluetooth, and myself I have never had anything but perfect bluetooth-connection on my Pixel 7 here in Europe.
On stock ROM that is.
Yeah same on my 7 Pro. I use Bluetooth at night because I have a headband that has small speakers in it so I can fall asleep to King of the Hill without disturbing my husband who needs silence or a fan and I've had exactly zero issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe it'll get fixed in August update till then just wait...
    I read in the telegram group that the maintainer is moving atm. Therefore he is probably busy with lifestuff and will hopefully return to the ROM in the future.
    View attachment 5765657

We are very excited to announce the beta of Paranoid Android Topaz, based on Android 13.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with beautiful wallpapers from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app from the PlayStore.

Our builds are based on the Code Linaro Organization Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

We kindly ask all of you that are in a position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

* No issues have be found upon testing, feel free to report if you encounter any.

Requirements

Make sure you've latest platform tools for Android.

Download

You can always get our builds from our website Paranoid Android website

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa, as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them. For more detailed information please have a look at the second post of this thread of each build changelog on the website.

Paranoid Android Topaz released

Instructions

• Make sure your data is backed up (via Google or other services)

Unlock your bootloader, and in bootloader mode follow the next command

fastboot -w (Wipes the entire device as well as userdata)

fastboot update aospa-topaz-beta-*-image.zip

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Download Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Source code
    Kernel

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    hello. i just flashed the rom on my pixel 7 pro and it will only boot to the google logo. it shuts down immediately following the logo and tries to boot again. can you help with a correction? thank you
    7 Pro Beta.png

We are very excited to announce the beta of Paranoid Android Topaz, based on Android 13.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with beautiful wallpapers from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app from the PlayStore.

Our builds are based on the Code Linaro Organization Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

We kindly ask all of you that are in a position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

* No issues have be found upon testing, feel free to report if you encounter any.

Requirements

Make sure you've latest platform tools for Android.

Download

You can always get our builds from our website Paranoid Android website

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa, as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them. For more detailed information please have a look at the second post of this thread of each build changelog on the website.

Paranoid Android Topaz released

Instructions

• Make sure your data is backed up (via Google or other services)

Unlock your bootloader, and in bootloader mode follow the next command

fastboot -w (Wipes the entire device as well as userdata)

fastboot update aospa-topaz-beta-*-image.zip

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Download Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Source code
    Kernel

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    This is VERY valuable knowledge - thank you. Camera performance is paramount for me. You just saved me hours of work and worry wiping, flashing, setting up PA and maybe Lineage, only to have to revert back to stock due to image quality issues. Hopefully someday camera source code may be made open, or maybe some of the brilliant devs out there may figure out a solution.
    Don't believe him, his statement is wrong. I have already said that yesterday but seems like people just keep skipping it.
    Fixed, the website didn't get updated until the threads were posted
    This rom has support for OTA updates. If you plan to stick around with PA, your feedback will be appreciated on our new OTA system. We're consistently testing full and incremental OTA updates.

Key Features

- Face unlock support
    - A slew of Pixel exclusive features
    The Google Camera was made to run on Pixel devices, whatever HALs, libs, permissions, etc, not in AOSP already can be extracted from the device itself (and it's not a lot, lol)
    This is VERY valuable knowledge - thank you. Camera performance is paramount for me. You just saved me hours of work and worry wiping, flashing, setting up PA and maybe Lineage, only to have to revert back to stock due to image quality issues. Hopefully someday camera source code may be made open, or maybe some of the brilliant devs out there may figure out a solution.
    My cam works just fine, if this is the first time being on a Pixel for some of you, then you're stressing about nothing, lol, Google Camera was made for Pixels.

I can't speak for this PA build because I haven't flashed it, my builds have everything stock has, plus some. I can still use my camera to zoom @ 30x, the macro works as expected, now playing, etc, etc

There's only one way to see if a custom ROM is right for you...

That's my two pennies...