Development Paranoid Android Topaz Beta 1 - Pixel 7a

Search This thread
FxOKbWoXwAA92LV.jpg

We are very excited to announce Paranoid Android Topaz, based on Android 13.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with beautiful wallpapers from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app from the PlayStore.

Our builds are based on the Code Linaro Organization Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

We kindly ask all of you that are in a position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

* You tell us

Requirements

Make sure you've latest platform tools for Android.

Download

You can always get our builds from our website Paranoid Android website

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported and GMS is included!

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa, as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them. For more detailed information please have a look at the second post of this thread of each build changelog on the website.

Paranoid Android Topaz released

Instructions

- Unlock your bootloader, and in bootloader mode follow the next command

Bash:
fastboot update aospa-topaz-beta-*-image.zip

- After the reboot, factory reset the device (only required for the first time you flash Paranoid Android)

Kernel source.

Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Download Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Last edited:

aniketh12

Mar 3, 2013
Bangalore
Ok Lets go.. We have AOSPA the holy grail of Custom Roms... Going by how smooth the UI and UX is on AOSPA on other devices, i bet its silky smooth in Pixel 7A

treblechet

Feb 25, 2021
That's caused by some issues with the latest platform tools.

Try using version 33 from here.
Ok, now this time around I would get further, it would yield
extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM...
Checking 'product' OKAY [ 0.000s]
Setting current slot to 'a' OKAY [ 0.066s]
extracting boot.img (64 MB) to disk... took 0.192s
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
Sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 0.249s]
Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.096s]
extracting init_boot.img (8 MB) to disk... took 0.038s
archive does not contain 'init_boot.sig'
Sending 'init_boot_a' (8192 KB) OKAY [ 0.031s]
Writing 'init_boot_a' OKAY [ 0.021s]
extracting dtbo.img (16 MB) to disk... took 0.038s
archive does not contain 'dtbo.sig'
Sending 'dtbo_a' (16384 KB) OKAY [ 0.062s]
Writing 'dtbo_a' OKAY [ 0.027s]
archive does not contain 'dt.img'
extracting pvmfw.img (1 MB) to disk... took 0.004s
archive does not contain 'pvmfw.sig'
Sending 'pvmfw_a' (1024 KB) OKAY [ 0.004s]
Writing 'pvmfw_a' OKAY [ 0.005s]
archive does not contain 'recovery.img'
extracting vbmeta.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.000s
archive does not contain 'vbmeta.sig'
Sending 'vbmeta_a' (8 KB) OKAY [ 0.000s]
Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.003s]
extracting vbmeta_system.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.000s
archive does not contain 'vbmeta_system.sig'
Sending 'vbmeta_system_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.000s]
Writing 'vbmeta_system_a' OKAY [ 0.003s]
extracting vbmeta_vendor.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.000s
archive does not contain 'vbmeta_vendor.sig'
Sending 'vbmeta_vendor_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.000s]
Writing 'vbmeta_vendor_a' OKAY [ 0.003s]
extracting vendor_boot.img (64 MB) to disk... took 0.175s
archive does not contain 'vendor_boot.sig'
Sending 'vendor_boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 0.250s]
Writing 'vendor_boot_a' OKAY [ 0.094s]
extracting vendor_kernel_boot.img (64 MB) to disk... took 0.154s
archive does not contain 'vendor_kernel_boot.sig'
Sending 'vendor_kernel_boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 0.248s]
Writing 'vendor_kernel_boot_a' OKAY [ 0.096s]
extracting super_empty.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.000s
Rebooting into fastboot OKAY [ 0.000s]
It would then go to the recovery menu and the terminal would hang here, I would wipe and reboot, and the stock OS would come up. I ended up using the other file that was linked (the non-image one) and flashed that as well, which worked.

It would then go to the recovery menu and the terminal would hang here, I would wipe and reboot, and the stock OS would come up. I ended up using the other file that was linked (the non-image one) and flashed that as well, which worked.
Well I'll look into the issues with the fastboot method. It did work fine for me and the testers but maybe something is missing. I'll check it. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: treblechet

treblechet

Feb 25, 2021
A couple of things that I noticed right off the bat:
- the date and the time are slightly unaligned vertically in the notification drawer
- there is no option for changing app shapes in the default launcher
I don't know if the latter is a bug or just a lack of a feature, but since it was originally present in stock firmware I would assume it would be present in Topaz as well

Reactions: Saswata Chakraborty

Saswata Chakraborty

Jan 6, 2018
City Of Joy
Google Pixel 7a
- the date and the time are slightly unaligned vertically in the notification drawer
I don't know if the latter is a bug or just a lack of a feature, but since it was originally present in stock firmware I would assume it would be present in Topaz as well
Try GrapheneOS. I am using it and yet to find a bug.

Reactions: Wishmasterflo

TheEdgeOfRage

Apr 28, 2012
Novi Sad
Is it possible to get a build of this ROM without gapps? I'd be also okay with building it myself, but wanted to see if it's possible at all before potentially wasting time.

forestcall

Jan 25, 2009
Morro Bay
Is it possible to install this ROM without ROOT?

I need ROOT so I can use Financial Apps like Wallet. When I root my phone I cant use the phone for making payments at a convenience store.

yoshirocks9

May 12, 2011
Yea wallet is not working, and some security applications I can't download because of the incompliance. Phone is not rooted tho. Why wouldn't wallet work?

All in all, amazing butter smooth rom! I love it so far 🔥

BlankEvery

Dec 4, 2014
This is not a deal breaker for me by any means in fact I think you've done a great job on the rom but I figured you may want to know the bugs so I'll include a bug report and here's what's happening

App crashing or freezing after a reboot or occasionally after wake from sleep
App: adaptive connectivity
I am rooted and have dual sim wifi and Bluetooth are also on ....
I'm on a pixel 7a with build version: TKQ1.230426.002
And rom: aospa-topaz-beta-1-lynx-20230527
Security Patch Level: 2023-05-05

I'll edit in the bug report as soon as it's done generating ...

Attachments

• bugreport-aospa_lynx-TKQ1.230426.002-2023-07-06-13-09-15.zip
    15.1 MB · Views: 10

masema049

May 23, 2022
Hi there. Through some combination of your ROM and uninstalling some Google services I don't use (Assistant, Facial Recognition, Digital Wellbeing, maybe some others) my 7a is significantly faster to boot and the battery lasts a solid two days, maybe three at a stretch. Awesome.

The ROM itself works great. I haven't noticed anything that doesn't work as I expect it to. The only thing I want to gripe about, and it's certainly possible it's not the ROM's fault, is a persistent message on the lock screen "Unlock for all features and data." This message is supposed to show up after a reboot, but in my case, it never goes away.

s-2023-07-07T07:07:17.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FxOKbWoXwAA92LV.jpg

We are very excited to announce Paranoid Android Topaz, based on Android 13.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with beautiful wallpapers from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app from the PlayStore.

Our builds are based on the Code Linaro Organization Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

We kindly ask all of you that are in a position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

* You tell us

Requirements

Make sure you've latest platform tools for Android.

Download

You can always get our builds from our website Paranoid Android website

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported and GMS is included!

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa, as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them. For more detailed information please have a look at the second post of this thread of each build changelog on the website.

Paranoid Android Topaz released

Instructions

- Unlock your bootloader, and in bootloader mode follow the next command

Bash:
    fastboot update aospa-topaz-beta-*-image.zip

- After the reboot, factory reset the device (only required for the first time you flash Paranoid Android)

Kernel source.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Download Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
    I think face unlock doesn't work, does it?
    It does work.
    Ok Lets go.. We have AOSPA the holy grail of Custom Roms... Going by how smooth the UI and UX is on AOSPA on other devices, i bet its silky smooth in Pixel 7A
    It definitely feels atleast as smooth as the stock ROM. maybe even smoother.

Well I'll look into the issues with the fastboot method. It did work fine for me and the testers but maybe something is missing. I'll check it. Thanks for the response.