Partially (atleast hope so) Bricked my device while trying to flash emmc_appsboot.mbn

Search This thread

shanx_verma

Hi, To cut the long story short, without the much hue and cry, I thought of downgrading back to KK BL from LP BL to get Sailfish OS working.
But I wanted just KK BL, not entire KK Firmware and Modem.
So I just flashed aboot and abootbak partitions with these commands -
fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot flash abootbak emmc_appsboot.mbn
I did this after researching a bit that aboot was the bootloader partition for our phone, and looking through the flashing script (*.bat) file from a KK MIUI 7.1.1.0 fastboot ROM.
After reboot, phone just keeps buzzing in a vibratory pattern like a Nokia phone used to buzz while a call was coming :D xD
buzzzzzz.............buzzzzzz....... and so on :p
Honestly, I don't want to lose any data. :( (I had not taken any backup whatsoever before doing this, as I had done this before while upgrading from KK BL to LP BL, which went reallly smooth)
Please suggest how I can revive my buddy back without flashing whole fastboot ROM again (as it don't even boot to fastboot, no display while vibrating) , or without sending to service center. Xiaomi service centers suck !!! ::( ::(

@ketut.kumajaya @kennymccormic @noobpremium @premaca @anandmore @emfox please help whoever can !! Much appreciated, friends.. :) :) :)

Last edited:

shanx_verma

iamsubhranil

Sep 3, 2015
Kolkata
All Hail the great Test Point Method !!! :) :)

Worked Awesome !! :) :)
@brigudav Thanks a lot bro !! :) :)

Altrhough erased my internal memory even after modifying the flashing script, but still, happy that my device came back to life !!! :) :)

Yay.
Moral of the story : DON'T MIX UP BETWEEN DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF ABOOT AND MODEM.
I tried to tell you that a thousand times, but you have got it in mind in the hard way ?

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Altrhough erased my internal memory even after modifying the flashing script, but still, happy that my device came back to life !!! :) :)

Yay.
Moral of the story : DON'T MIX UP BETWEEN DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF ABOOT AND MODEM.
I tried to tell you that a thousand times, but you have got it in mind in the hard way ?

Reactions: shanx_verma

shanx_verma

I tried to tell you that a thousand times, but you have got it in mind in the hard way ��

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

I tried to tell you that a thousand times, but you have got it in mind in the hard way

Thanks bro. And yes, now I surely have it FIXED in my mind !! :) :) :D :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mixed firmware not recommended, I already warned about this a long time before http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64244264&postcount=3 I can't help you if your device not boot to bootloader mode.

Yay.

I'm happy for you. The process is really working and tested me. :good:

Yay.

Yay.