Partition 64GB microsd card to 2 x 32GB FAT32

Search This thread

Old Jimbo

Feb 19, 2015
Hi guys,

I want to partition my 64GB (I know, 59GB actually) microsd card into 2 x 32GB FAT32 partitions. I've tried to do it in windows, using MiniTool Partiton Wizard like I did with other microsd cards until now, but without success: the tool creates two partitions but the 2nd one is not usable (it does not have assigned a letter); any attempts to correct this were futile.

Can this issue be fixed somehow? If yes, how?

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Hi guys,

I want to partition my 64GB (I know, 59GB actually) microsd card into 2 x 32GB FAT32 partitions. I've tried to do it in windows, using MiniTool Partiton Wizard like I did with other microsd cards until now, but without success: the tool creates two partitions but the 2nd one is not usable (it does not have assigned a letter); any attemptions to correct this were futile.

Start over, get it back to one unallocated partition, then use the Aparted app from play store.

Or you can try this

smallbusiness.chron.com/partition-sd-card-android-57286.html

Reactions: Old Jimbo

Old Jimbo

Feb 19, 2015
Thanks for your reply @Droidriven! :)

I've managed to create those partitions: sdcard1 and sdext2, both FAT32 and having 29.5GB each. First partition (sdcard1) is working flawless: access speed, read, write. The 2nd one...

The 2nd one (sdext2) has an issue - I cannot create files (.txt), in root or in other subfolders. However, I can access it, move data to it from the other partition or from the internal sdcard and I can create folders and subfolders. In android's settings->storage menu, my external sdcard is shown as it has only 29.5GB (out of 59GB) but nothing about partitions.

Is this a permission issue (platform.xml)? Can it be fixed?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Thanks for your reply @Droidriven! :)

I've managed to create those partitions: sdcard1 and sdext2, both FAT32 and having 29.5GB each. First partition (sdcard1) is working flawless: access speed, read, write. The 2nd one...

The 2nd one (sdext2) has an issue - I cannot create files (.txt), in root or in other subfolders. However, I can access it, move data to it from the other partition or from the internal sdcard and I can create folders and subfolders. In android's settings->storage menu, my external sdcard is shown as it has only 29.5GB (out of 59GB) but nothing about partitions.

Is this a permission issue (platform.xml)? Can it be fixed?

I don't know what your issue is, maybe because one partition is the primary partition. Did you choose all the same options when you set the second partition?

What android version are you using? Lollipop and Marshmallow do have permission configurations that are a pain, especially concerning extsd permissions.

I'll see what I can find, can't promise I'll find you an answer though.

Old Jimbo

Feb 19, 2015
The partitions' settings are identical, with the sole exception that one has to be the primary one. The microsd is new and tested with a few software programs to be sure it's not a fake (it's not).

I'm using AOSP 5.1.1 and yes, I believe there is a L permission issue.

Don't worry a bit regarding this issue. :) If you or someone else will find the solution, it'll be great, if not, life goes on. :)

Thanks anyway for taking your time!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I want to partition my 64GB (I know, 59GB actually) microsd card into 2 x 32GB FAT32 partitions. I've tried to do it in windows, using MiniTool Partiton Wizard like I did with other microsd cards until now, but without success: the tool creates two partitions but the 2nd one is not usable (it does not have assigned a letter); any attemptions to correct this were futile.

Start over, get it back to one unallocated partition, then use the Aparted app from play store.

Or you can try this

smallbusiness.chron.com/partition-sd-card-android-57286.html
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone