Partly bricked... SM-N975F

Search This thread

Titanity

May 28, 2018
Hey guys.. Ive been a visitor in XDA forums for quite a while... And i been running root and custom FW with more or less every samsung from S2 and up...

But i just got my self a note10+ (atleast thats what ive been told) and i wanted to root it up and throw a custom FW on it to run in Samsung Dex...

So i succeded updating the FW. I unlocked the bootloader in dev. options. and unlocked it again in download mode by holding the vol. up. key!

But since then i had problems... every time i run a FW in Odin... Then if i dont get a error saying

SW REV. CHECK FAIL(BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: B BINARY 7
pit_flash_binary - Unsupported version

Then i succeds but when its going to erase everything after the reboot from download mode then it starts up and stops right after... And then i can only go recovery mode and download mode... How do i just write the correct firmware and have it start up like normal... just wanna undo it all... Do i need some kind of samsung support software in windows? and how do i know if it is a note10+ ... Even though download mode says SM-N975F... But still i get error when i flash a FW downloaded with Frija for that model...

Hope to get some help :)

Titanity

May 28, 2018
oh btw... it connects as this when im in download mode:

"Checking Connected Devices: SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem #2 ( COM12 )"

is that normal?

Nic0_

Jun 19, 2022
Hey there,

SW REV. CHECK FAIL(BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: 8 BINARY 7
This, as far as I understand just means that the bootloader on your phone is on a newer version than the one in the firmware you're trying to flash. Usually flashing just stops there.
Then i succeds but when its going to erase everything after the reboot from download mode then it starts up and stops right after...
You COULD try to simply boot into recovery and wipe the device once, the phone would usually do that on its own but sometimes fails. Mind describing what exactly happens?
how do i know if it is a note10+ ... Even though download mode says SM-N975F...
For that, you either need the original packaging or just trust on what Odin-mode is telling you.
But still i get error when i flash a FW downloaded with Frija for that model...
I kinda don't trust Frija. For me, Bifrost always worked like a charm. Use it to download the firmware for your SM-N975F and give it your correct region code.
For flashing, some people use Heimdall, I think Odin is pretty simple (as far as simplicity in modding goes).

By the way, if all fails, you could try installing LineageOS 19.1, throw in openGAPPS for Googles apps and Magisk/Lygisk for root (if needed).

Good luck and have fun!
Cheers!

Titanity

May 28, 2018
I found out i got EXACKLY the same issue as the guy writing on this thread:

You COULD try to simply boot into recovery and wipe the device once, the phone would usually do that on its own but sometimes fails. Mind describing what exactly happens?

Already tryed :( still nothing... But what happens after a 100% succes in Odin is:

Then it reboots and after a few secs it says "Erasing device" for like 0.5 sec... And then it only goes black screen... At black screen then i can only go download mode if i press both volume buttons at the same time for 1 sec. Or recovery mode if i press vol up and power. And thats only if i have a USB-C connected ofcourse.

And whats the issue is... when it stops erasing the device... Why does it stops after 0.5 secs? it normally goes like 2-5 secs ... But also ... After it stops and in black screen... If i continue into download mode and open up the bootloader then...
vbmeta.jpg

I been around TWRP, Original recovery and Lineage recovery... But as the guy writes on the other thread. Then it shows 0 MB on the data partition, and i have to format it before it shows up again with 223 (or something)GB again...

Nic0_

Jun 19, 2022
Hey there,

Could you try switching file systems around? TWRP lets you format your partitions with stuff like ext4, f2fs and some other file systems. On several custom ROMs, the file system sometimes is the difference between a system working or bootlooping.

Good luck and have a nice day.
Cheers!