• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PARTNERSHIP] Doogee and XDA

Search This thread

marcusah123

Sep 27, 2009
The thing is that they don't make kernel source and software by themselves, it is made by HCT, so they just do the hardware. So if they pay to HCT, they will can release kernel source, since HCT will gave it to them.
Thanks
Regards
Jose
Hello,

When can we get any kernel source, any custom roms, will DooGee help with anything? I'd like native LineageOS on my DooGee S95 Pro, if DooGee is only making the hardware wouldn't it be better to use LineageOS by default for their phones instead of something expensive from HTC?

Any answers and any replies welcome and appreciated, this thread isn't dead yet.

jmpf_bmx

Sep 16, 2018
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XA1
Hello,

When can we get any kernel source, any custom roms, will DooGee help with anything? I'd like native LineageOS on my DooGee S95 Pro, if DooGee is only making the hardware wouldn't it be better to use LineageOS by default for their phones instead of something expensive from HTC?

Any answers and any replies welcome and appreciated, this thread isn't dead yet.
Hi,
Because LineageOS is a custom rom, meanwhile HCT builds ALPS (MediaTek Stock ROM), without ALPS you won't have blobs and necessary things for LineageOS.
Thanks
Regards
Jose

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I would first like to share that I'm a moderator on Doogee forums and am also a Doogee owner. I have a direct contact with the admin on Doogee which he has access directly to all Doogee department.

I have talked about the software issues arising and the development of it with the admin and feedback from members there, and it seems that we need help in improving the software side. The admin has approved my plan and I am speaking here in behalf of Doogee.

All we ask is help from experienced developers and programmers here to develop and help improve the software of all supported Doogee models. We need to know what we need to provide and what you will need in order for this to be possible. Please bear with me here, this is a big chance for XDA to be known better.

Doogee, for your information, has a very high potential to compete with popular brands like Vivo, Oppo, and even Samsung. Can you find a phone worth $300-$400 that has an insanely 8GB RAM of hardware? No. Their phones are powerful and yet the price is reasonable since the parts they use are direct and in return they can make it at a goid price unlike overpriced brands.

Please help us out here, just let us know with what resources are needed to make it possible. I will make sure that XDA will have its name on to the partnership with Doogee.

Thank you for your time!

Heinrich,
    Doogee Moderator