[PATCH]**Adoptable storage enabler** MARSHMALLOW

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
As you may all know Samsung disabled the Adoptable storage function in the Tab S. Even the well known S7 hack doesn't work. Well now it's back...

Thanks to some legwork (no pun intended) by @longshanks197 we now have a workable solution.
As previously thought, Samsung disabled adoptable storage in the framework.

I have created this patch to fix the issue by patching the boot image and replacing sm.jar in system.
This will enable the adoptable storage feature in Settings>Storage

NOTE: I advise making a backup with TWRP before proceeding.

INSTALL:

Copy the zip below to your device then install with TWRP.

adoptable_storage_enabler_ashyx

For information how to enable adoptable storage see the guide below:

how-to-use-adoptable-storage-on-android-6-0-marshmallow

This may also be worth a read for more info:

guidelines_for_marshmallow_users_formatting/

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Last edited:

NeWONEx

Sep 29, 2014
Thanks
This is great news [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
But does this zip enable the possibility to set adoptable storage or directly enable it on the sd?

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
I mean, does the zip directly set the sd as adoptable, or does it just enable the option leaving to the user the possibility to choose?

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
I'm not interested into apply the feature from settings because I prefer to have half of sd as portable using adb command (mixed 50 variable), that's why I'm asking.

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
Since adoptable storage option is due to a patch, what happens to internal sd partition (and related data) when we update the firmware?

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
Looks like how much combined storage is messed up, I have 20gb of video`s and a few ebook, but the storage manager says i have used 96%

Just noticed maximum storage is showing as 256GB, I have an 16gb tablet with an 128gb microsd that`s an maximum of 144GB so it`s wrong by 112GB

Is there anyway to correct this?

Nbs4Rqv.png

John.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Looks like how much combined storage is messed up, I have 20gb of video`s and a few ebook, but the storage manager says i have used 96%

Just noticed maximum storage is showing as 256GB, I have an 16gb tablet with an 128gb microsd that`s an maximum of 144GB so it`s wrong by 112GB

Is there anyway to correct this?

Nbs4Rqv.png

John.
I would take the combined storage info with a pinch of salt and just pay attention to the individual storage info which seems to be correct.
It's the same issue for the S7 and other Samsung devices.
Looks like Samsung cobbed something else or maybe this is one of the reasons they disabled it?

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
I am just going to disable AS, I was just giving it a try, I prefer to be able to remove my microsd when i need, but this bug should be listed.

Thanks

John.

I would take the combined storage info with a pinch of salt and just pay attention to the individual storage info which seems to be correct.
It's the same issue for the S7 and other Samsung devices.
Looks like Samsung cobbed something else or maybe this is one of the reasons they disabled it?

McSaarli

Mar 28, 2012
Great job, thank you

Thank you so much, this is the patch I've been waiting for since I upgraded to MM and had to realize that adoptable storage didn't work with my SM-T805.
I split my SD-Card via adb and one of those tutorials existing for S7/S7 Edge, I used this one: http://www.modaco.com/news/android/heres-how-to-configure-adoptable-storage-on-your-s7-s7-edge-r1632/

Everything went fine and I had 16 GB more free space. The bug that the amount of total space is not shown correctly doesn't bother me, what counts is the new free space that is displayed correct.
16 GB is a joke for the Tab S.

Before I used Link2SD pro, which was ok, but the app didn't work anymore in the correct way in MM.

Here's the result:
picture.php

Edit: I can't see the picure in the post, so here's a link to the picture: xdaforums.com/picture.php?albumid=13609&pictureid=54177

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoD

Top Liked Posts