[PATCH]**Adoptable storage enabler** MARSHMALLOW

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Hellow ,i use it with official rom and ironman rom ,it say formating as internal ,bat fter this say ,sd is corrupted....and mast be formating as a simple external card ....i have android 6 both roms .....what im wrong ??
Try putting the tablet in portrait mode.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
..oh ...strange because with cyanogenmod rom i can do it , the rom has this selection on settings nd can do it with same sd ..
Thanks a lot

Unfortunately Samsung modified the framework to disable adoptable storage, so it's down to the modifications Samsung made as to whether a particular sd card works or not.

Reactions: aektzis100

ThrottleAbuse

Dec 2, 2007
I think it is working for you. But you need to move things manually first to ext card, like go to every app you have and transfer it to sd card.
Even though sd card is considered as internal, the real internal memory gets full sometimes for me somehow....

Duh. I thought it automatically moved the apps when I made the card adoptable internal storage. I moved all the app's to the card now. The problem is it would only let me move a handful of apps. Most do not allow you to move them. I though this adoptable storage would allow me to move all of them. Is this because I do not have root access?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Duh. I thought it automatically moved the apps when I made the card adoptable internal storage. I moved all the app's to the card now. The problem is it would only let me move a handful of apps. Most do not allow you to move them. I though this adoptable storage would allow me to move all of them. Is this because I do not have root access?
Did you select MIGRATE DATA after installing?

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
Since enabling i.e flashing adoptable storage battery has been crazy.. i always have media server running in the back ground so does android os run in the background this was not the case before.. and it sucks up the battery like crazy..

i have set it to internal storage i'm only using about 40ish gigs of the 200 gig sd card.. Has anyone else run into this issue ? As i did download Android media killer but every time i launch it it says device is not rooted and it close on me even though i'm fully rooted..

Has anyone got a fix for the battery drain ? Thanks

Slackflash

Aug 1, 2012
Usually batery drain is a sign of something else... not from from adoptable storage
In happiest case it might be some software bug in the OS.. if not it is about a begining to fail hardware
In my case i got the battery drain issue when the tablet's motherboard went down and had to replace on my T805..
After replacing it all was fine.. even after applying a 2nd time the adoptable storage

Reactions: N1NJATH3ORY

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
Usually batery drain is a sign of something else... not from from adoptable storage
In happiest case it might be some software bug in the OS.. if not it is about a begining to fail hardware
In my case i got the battery drain issue when the tablet's motherboard went down and had to replace on my T805..
After replacing it all was fine.. even after applying a 2nd time the adoptable storage

Thanks for the post, i got a feeling, i did restore via twrp and that might be the issue, witch i totally forgot about.. i have found a post on XDA, for battery drain its for a Galaxy s6 and it advise to flash stock boot image.. i have extracted a boot image have just flashed it via odin lets see how it goes will report back in a few days. Thanks

ShalaBR

Feb 21, 2018
I have rooted my Samsung on7 (G600FY) to use this resource but it didn't work.

I could install the patch through TWRP but there were no options on Settings -> Storage -> Format SD as Internal. Only Portable Format was available. Then, after some searches I could do it with Root Essentials App, it did the trick but still all my apps were getting installed in the internal memory (even I did migration to SD), also it kept showing Full Storage messages like before (even tough there was more than 29gb free after the "merge").
Back to 0.

I highly recommend not doing it.

maddoc600

Nov 6, 2008
@ashyx...

Installed your twrp_3.1.0-1_sm-t550_13317 on sm-t550 nougat 7.1.1.
I didn't install any root (May I use magisk in the future?)
Installed adoptable_storage_enabler_ashyx but in settings>memory I do not get any "internal" option to format... just portable... Any hint?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
@ashyx...

Installed your twrp_3.1.0-1_sm-t550_13317 on sm-t550 nougat 7.1.1.
I didn't install any root (May I use magisk in the future?)
Installed adoptable_storage_enabler_ashyx but in settings>memory I do not get any "internal" option to format... just portable... Any hint?
Try formatting to portable first then reboot.
Magisk is fine.

kushi.

Jan 19, 2018

rebooting removes the adoptable storage, how do i remove it ? i flashed stock rom and custom roms and its still there reply asap ty.

Works with SM-T580 but I first had to format the sd card to portable mode. Then reboot and with the device wizard for new sd-cards popping up from the notifications I finally got the setting for the internal mode. Thanks!

btw:
You should add this procedure to the start post IMHO.

Last edited:

miguelr4720

May 24, 2015
New York
Am having a Problem Galaxy Tab with S Pen every time i go into and app and storage i keep getting and error setting has Stopped anyon please help me with this?m Having

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

it did not work for me please help me with this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you may all know Samsung disabled the Adoptable storage function in the Tab S. Even the well known S7 hack doesn't work. Well now it's back...

Thanks to some legwork (no pun intended) by @longshanks197 we now have a workable solution.
    As previously thought, Samsung disabled adoptable storage in the framework.

I have created this patch to fix the issue by patching the boot image and replacing sm.jar in system.
    This will enable the adoptable storage feature in Settings>Storage

NOTE: I advise making a backup with TWRP before proceeding.

INSTALL:

Copy the zip below to your device then install with TWRP.

adoptable_storage_enabler_ashyx

For information how to enable adoptable storage see the guide below:

how-to-use-adoptable-storage-on-android-6-0-marshmallow

This may also be worth a read for more info:

guidelines_for_marshmallow_users_formatting/

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

This is great news. Is it possible to make it work for the SM-T700?
    It should work on all models.
    Since adoptable storage option is due to a patch, what happens to internal sd partition (and related data) when we update the firmware?
    Most likely nothing as the partitions are handled by vold so it should still work regardless
    However you may lose the settings in storage.
    You can always reapply the patch.
    Does it work on a non rooted device? Thanks for this fix!

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Yes

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
    Looks like how much combined storage is messed up, I have 20gb of video`s and a few ebook, but the storage manager says i have used 96%

Just noticed maximum storage is showing as 256GB, I have an 16gb tablet with an 128gb microsd that`s an maximum of 144GB so it`s wrong by 112GB

Is there anyway to correct this?

Nbs4Rqv.png

John.
    I would take the combined storage info with a pinch of salt and just pay attention to the individual storage info which seems to be correct.
    It's the same issue for the S7 and other Samsung devices.
    Looks like Samsung cobbed something else or maybe this is one of the reasons they disabled it?