[PATCH]**Adoptable storage enabler** MARSHMALLOW

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
As you may all know Samsung disabled the Adoptable storage function. Even the well known S7 hack doesn't work on some Samsung devices.
Well now it's back...

Thanks to some legwork (no pun intended) by @longshanks197 we now have a workable solution.

I have created this patch to fix the issue by patching the boot image and replacing sm.jar in system.
This will enable the adoptable storage feature in Settings>Storage

This should work for pretty much any Samsung device running Marshmallow

I advise making a backup with TWRP before proceeding.

NOTE: Due to Samsung's modifications the combined storage capacity may show as incorrect, ignore this and pay attention to the separate internal and external capacity which is correct.

INSTALL:

Copy the zip below to your device then install with TWRP.

adoptable_storage_enabler_ashyx

For information how to enable adoptable storage see the guide below:

how-to-use-adoptable-storage-on-android-6-0-marshmallow

This may also be worth a read for more info:

guidelines_for_marshmallow_users_formatting/

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Can someone do me a favour and check if adoptable storage is mountable in TWRP.
I. E. tap the storage button it should list internal and adoptable storage as selectable options.

laurentd75

Apr 22, 2008
Hi there ashyx,
I had some trouble (Noob trouble that is...) installing your 'adoptable storage' mod on my Galaxy A5 2016, but after some bit of thinking and troubleshooting I was able to succeed without much difficulty, I have related my epic adventure on this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/sam...to-configure-adoptable-storage-t3458536/page2

As I mentioned there, I'm going to make a donation to you right away to express my sincere thanks for your awesome work!!! ;)

Cheers,
Laurent

Last edited:

ashwini215

Nov 17, 2014
Mumbai
Thanks a lot. Its works great for me as well.

I'm using A710FD, Indian firmware, 6.0.1.

Please, I would also like to request you or any of the developers here, to develop a permissive kernel for A710F, Marshmallow :)
I've Link2sd paid version and it doesn't seem to work on MM.(Mount storage error !!).

Last edited:

GsKill

Apr 18, 2012
Tucuman
Can someone do me a favour and check if adoptable storage is mountable in TWRP.
I. E. tap the storage button it should list internal and adoptable storage as selectable options.

In TWRP i try to install xposed but can't find anything(only show folders no content). what would be? I try mount internal and external but no solution. :confused:

Thanks for your work. :D

solauw

Nov 9, 2016
Thank you !

Works on SM-A510F using TWRP 3.0.2-1

I Hope we will stop using "hacks" for those basic Android features in future.

Edit : in TWRP I don't see adoptable storage(The fuse one I mean). I still see Internal Storage and Micro SDCard separated.

Last edited:

Th3DaRk_Vampire

Dec 7, 2012
San Pedro Sula

Please, I would also like to request you or any of the developers here, to develop a permissive kernel for A710F, Marshmallow :)
I've Link2sd paid version and it doesn't seem to work on MM.(Mount storage error !!).
+1 to this, I have a A710M and link2SD don't work

Sent from my SM-A710M using Tapatalk

deepray

Aug 29, 2014
Hello ashyx thanks a lot for this awesome work.
But i am having issues when I am trying to format the card as internal, the device restarts itself. And now even when any card is not inserted it is showing checking under the SD card section in storage settings. Please help. Can i uninstall this mod and try again. My device is A5 2016.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Hello ashyx thanks a lot for this awesome work.
But i am having issues when I am trying to format the card as internal, the device restarts itself. And now even when any card is not inserted it is showing checking under the SD card section in storage settings. Please help. Can i uninstall this mod and try again. My device is A5 2016.
Format it as portable first.

deepray

Aug 29, 2014
Format it as portable first.

I did just that only before formatting it as internal.
Formatting as portable was successful. But then when i tried to format it as internal, the device restarted. Since then it has beem restartint many time on its own.
Is it something to do with xposed installed ?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
I did just that only before formatting it as internal.
Formatting as portable was successful. But then when i tried to format it as internal, the device restarted. Since then it has beem restartint many time on its own.
Is it something to do with xposed installed ?
I think you should reflash the stock firmware and try again to rule out any issues.

deepray

Aug 29, 2014
After i changed the card it worked. But then i thought of a fresh install. Reflashed the stock rom. And now after all sorts of combinations of installing the mod with xposed root or not, this is not showing the set up function. It seems the device has become inmune to this mod. What steps should we take for this ? This worked earlier with the same mod

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you may all know Samsung disabled the Adoptable storage function. Even the well known S7 hack doesn't work on some Samsung devices.
    Well now it's back...

Thanks to some legwork (no pun intended) by @longshanks197 we now have a workable solution.

I have created this patch to fix the issue by patching the boot image and replacing sm.jar in system.
    This will enable the adoptable storage feature in Settings>Storage

This should work for pretty much any Samsung device running Marshmallow

I advise making a backup with TWRP before proceeding.

NOTE: Due to Samsung's modifications the combined storage capacity may show as incorrect, ignore this and pay attention to the separate internal and external capacity which is correct.

INSTALL:

Copy the zip below to your device then install with TWRP.

adoptable_storage_enabler_ashyx

For information how to enable adoptable storage see the guide below:

how-to-use-adoptable-storage-on-android-6-0-marshmallow

This may also be worth a read for more info:

guidelines_for_marshmallow_users_formatting/

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Very thanks bro.
    Works on the last firmware up to day? I have A510MUBU3BPI3
    No reason why it shouldn't unless Samsung have changed something.

THANKS I got the same device and I was worried if it will brick my phone lol :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Worked great on my A7 2016

my steps were like this:
    • put the zip file into my internal storage.
    • Turn off my phone.
    • Going to recovery mode.
    • Installing the zip file WITHOUT the file signature verification.
    • rebooted the phone.
    • Going to (Settings) then (Storage) clicked on "Format as PORTABLE".
    • Then a notification came up saying I got a new SD Card.
    • Clicked it and showed that I can format it as "INTERNAL STORAGE".
    • then exported all my photos Automatically as asked from the format proccess itself.
    • took 3 minutes then its all done.

Done all of that without doing a backup to anything, I took my risks lol
    Anyway I've been using my phone for a day without any problems. THANKS MAN FOR THE FIX, we truly love you. <3