[PATCH] Disable encryption for XIAOMI.EU ROM

Search This thread

Joakin2k

Jul 5, 2016
Culiacán
Dumb question: how do you test the un-encrypted status of the vendor partition afterwards?
Or just flash Firmware after flashing vendor right? It has to be the same forward version of vendor ? In this case 0.7 ? So i don't have to flash 0.7 vendor global and the flash 0.8 indian firmware?

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
After apply this patch can mount system to Read/Write?

Unfortunately they have enabled dm-verity and made the partition read-only with a ext4 option called shared_blocks.
To modify the vendor parition one has to patch the kernel as well as take an image of the partition modify it then flash it back.
I managed to do it using my Linux machine, don't know if it is possible from the device itself.

Yes it's possible. Here is the solution to your problem my friend. Enjoy!
Works like a charm in Android 10 and later. Now my system, vendor and product partitions are read-write!
Use at your own risk!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/script-mount-system-as-read-write-android-10.4240703/

1-jpg.5235933

Last edited:

pnin

Aug 26, 2010
LG G Pad 8.3
ZTE Axon 7
Excuse me if I'm being dense here, but is this update mandatory?

Meaning that, as I'm still on Xiaomi.eu v12.0.7.0, having applied the previous patch, and I just finished downloading the v12.0.8.0 OTA update; will I absolutely have to apply this patch, too, after updating and before rebooting to system?

inunxelex

Mar 15, 2008
Excuse me if I'm being dense here, but is this update mandatory?

Meaning that, as I'm still on Xiaomi.eu v12.0.7.0, having applied the previous patch, and I just finished downloading the v12.0.8.0 OTA update; will I absolutely have to apply this patch, too, after updating and before rebooting to system?
yes, before rebooting to system. after flashing patch reboot to recovery for checking data partition is not encrypted, then reboot to system.
another way it just follow the first post.

Reactions: pnin

manot40

Dec 10, 2015
Is this Vendor patch can be used for another AOSP based custom Rom, like corvus, ke, etc?

Assume i'm on Xiaomi.eu 12.0.8, encrypted state, i want to migrate to corvus with decrypted device, does this patch have compatibility with corvus? Thank you

inunxelex

Mar 15, 2008
Is this Vendor patch can be used for another AOSP based custom Rom, like corvus, ke, etc?

Assume i'm on Xiaomi.eu 12.0.8, encrypted state, i want to migrate to corvus with decrypted device, does this patch have compatibility with corvus? Thank you
maybe it will be ok if custom rom not included vendor, format data, flash eu rom, flash patch, reboot to system normally, then flash your desired custom rom

Reactions: YasuHamed

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013
disable data encryption, MLC nand write cycle is limited and encryption is make it worst
how to :
- download and unzip xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.4.0.QJGMIXM_v12-10.zip
- download and unzip vendor patch xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.4.0.QJGMIXM_v12-10_VENDOR_NOENCRYPT
- replace 3 vendor files from xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.2.0.QJGMIXM_v12-10.zip with my vendor patch
- repack/zip rom
- goto twrp and format data
- install repacked rom
- reboot
- done
can i try this method on custom roms? A10 ? after flashing rom/gapps/magick, and i flash YOUR vendor.zip OR
shall i extract custom rom and replace vendor files and repack ?

which ever way?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Redmi Note 10 Pro
can i try this method on custom roms? A10 ? after flashing rom/gapps/magick, and i flash YOUR vendor.zip OR
shall i extract custom rom and replace vendor files and repack ?

which ever way?
- flash decrypted vendor version equal to MIUI base you have flashed now
- flash custom ROM
- reboot recovery
- flash gapps + magisk (optional)
- format data - yes (if you have encrypted storage, backup everything before you do so!)
- reboot recovery
- reboot to system

andre_petinga

Nov 20, 2013
If I understand correctly:
If, after flashing EU ROM my data gets encrypted, I have to:
- Reboot to custom recovery
- Format data
- Flash this VENDOR (same version as ROM)
- Reboot

If, after flashing EU ROM my data is not encrypted, I have to:
- Reboot to custom recovery
- No need to Format data (not encrypted), right?
- Flash this VENDOR (same version as ROM)
- Reboot

My question is: If my option is the 2nd, and my data is not encrypted after update, why do I need to flash VENDOR??

Jitoz

Mar 21, 2021
disable data encryption, MLC nand write cycle is limited and encryption is make it worst
how to :
- download and unzip xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.4.0.QJGMIXM_v12-10.zip
- download and unzip vendor patch xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.4.0.QJGMIXM_v12-10_VENDOR_NOENCRYPT
- replace 3 vendor files from xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3NFC_V12.0.2.0.QJGMIXM_v12-10.zip with my vendor patch
- repack/zip rom
- goto twrp and format data
- install repacked rom
- reboot
- done
hello sir.. please build vendor eu V12.0.4.0.. because im replace error 7 on twrp.. thanks before

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone