Patched 10.3.8 boot.img needed (for rooting without TWRP)

Search This thread

Thratchen

Nov 26, 2014
OnePlus 6
I was forced to wipe my OnePlus 6 this morning and have opted for the latest 10.3.8 build. I'm happy rooting it without TWRP, so I can use Magisk but I can't find a patched 10.3.8 boot.img. Could someone point me towards a version oof this file? Many thanks.

Koeties

Sep 17, 2014
Johannesburg
I found this from another post on XDA:

Check the developer's profile:

Reactions: Thratchen

Thratchen

Nov 26, 2014
OnePlus 6
I found this from another post on XDA:

Check the developer's profile:

Many thanks, that exactly the one I eventaully found, but thanks for letting me know. One or two more threads, to make it easier to find, won't hurt 👍

YousifG7

Feb 28, 2018
I was forced to wipe my OnePlus 6 this morning and have opted for the latest 10.3.8 build. I'm happy rooting it without TWRP, so I can use Magisk but I can't find a patched 10.3.8 boot.img. Could someone point me towards a version oof this file? Many thanks.
you could have fastbooted twrp from fastboot temporarily and flashed magisk and rebooted system, that gives you magisk and doesn't install twrp. but do whatever suits you

flash713

May 7, 2015
Texas
@Thratchen
Enable usb debugging and developer options, set lock screen to none then from PC do below commands and flash magisk22.zip in TWRP recovery once booted TWRP and reboot system once it flashes. No need to flash patched boot.img.
Just: sudo adb reboot bootloader
Then: sudo fastboot boot TWRP_3.4.0-9-11.img
Rename magisk22.apk to magisk22.zip and flash magisk zip in TWRP , reboot system once done installing. Easy peasy!!
(Edited)