[Patched] 4.2 Camera with sharing options enabled!

Search This thread

jefftheworld

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
jefftheworld.com
This .zip includes all the .apks and libraries required to use the new camera app, including all features. This means you can finally share your photospheres to Google Maps!

It includes a patched version of the app that does not require you to edit your build.prop and therefor any Jelly Bean device should have no problem running the new camera. It includes the updated Maps and Google+ apps in order to allow for sharing your photospheres.

~~This camera is a different package the the existing Jelly Bean camera and will not overwrite your existing camera. You will see two camera apps and two gallery apps listed after the install~~

Features that work:

• Take photos, panoramas, photospheres and video (some devices apparently unstable using video)
  • Filters and editing in the new Gallery
  • share photospheres to Google Maps
  • share photospheres to Google+

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ykeezckfao04ey

EDIT: To all those having issues with this, make sure to wipe your cache and your dalvik cache before flashing it.

Last edited:

jefftheworld

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
jefftheworld.com
Reactions: NoWey

OxyClean

Mar 3, 2012
Seattle, WA
Works fine on 4.0.4 and 4.1 on T-mobile SGS3, stock touchwiz, rooted

Share to map app and Google+ works great.

Thanks ;)

Edit: ICS had normal issues, camera flash and video record buggy, edits fc. JB everything works.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Last edited:

jefftheworld

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
jefftheworld.com
I have AOKP with Android 4.0.4 and when i open the camera It says that the gallery stop working (FC) But the gallery app work fine

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 con Tapatalk 2

4.0.0 AOKP on the GT-I9001? Hrm, I have a friend running CM10 on a GT-I9001 and for him everything but the camcorder feature works.

You are seeing two gallery and two camera apps, correct? The camera app and the gallery app are technically a single application so that FC message you're getting is referring to the 4.2 Gallery and not your stock Gallery.

Flashed this and it replaced the gallery and camera apk's. Rootbox 4.1.2 is the ROM. Not impressed. :mad:

I've never seen this on any other device. The .apk and package names are not the same. I've flashed it on all my devices and none of them have displayed that effect. I have no devices running that ROM so I've no way of testing that effect, I'd say if everything on the new camera works then you're fune, otherwise just roll back to your last backup.

I've personally confirmed this package as working on stock Jelly Bean and CM10, others have confirmed it working on various stock and AOKP ROMs but it's still a little random which ROMs/devices work and which don't.

Working with ginger or ics above??

HTC Salsa with Unofficial CM7

Make a nandroid back-up, flash it and give it a try! Report back if it works, I'd love to know but all my devices are running CM10.

Last edited:

Skar3

4.0.0 AOKP on the GT-I9001? Hrm, I have a friend running CM10 on a GT-I9001 and for him everything but the camcorder feature works.

You are seeing two gallery and two camera apps, correct? The camera app and the gallery app are technically a single application so that FC message you're getting is referring to the 4.2 Gallery and not your stock Gallery.

I've never seen this on any other device. The .apk and package names are not the same. I've flashed it on all my devices and none of them have displayed that effect. I have no devices running that ROM so I've no way of testing that effect, I'd say if everything on the new camera works then you're fune, otherwise just roll back to your last backup.

I've personally confirmed this package as working on stock Jelly Bean and CM10, others have confirmed it working on various stock and AOKP ROMs but it's still a little random which ROMs/devices work and which don't.

Make a nandroid back-up, flash it and give it a try! Report back if it works, I'd love to know but all my devices are running CM10.

Are You sure? On the cm10 the camera Don't work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This .zip includes all the .apks and libraries required to use the new camera app, including all features. This means you can finally share your photospheres to Google Maps!

It includes a patched version of the app that does not require you to edit your build.prop and therefor any Jelly Bean device should have no problem running the new camera. It includes the updated Maps and Google+ apps in order to allow for sharing your photospheres.

~~This camera is a different package the the existing Jelly Bean camera and will not overwrite your existing camera. You will see two camera apps and two gallery apps listed after the install~~

Features that work:

• Take photos, panoramas, photospheres and video (some devices apparently unstable using video)
    • Filters and editing in the new Gallery
    • share photospheres to Google Maps
    • share photospheres to Google+

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ykeezckfao04ey

EDIT: To all those having issues with this, make sure to wipe your cache and your dalvik cache before flashing it.
    To answer both of you, it's only tested as working on Jelly Bean. It's possible that it'll work on ICS but I doubt anything lower than that.
    Awesome, thanks for this! I can confirm that it does indeed work on ICS. I'm looking forward to trying my first Photosphere uploaded this weekend.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using xda-developers app
    Does this have HDR setting available?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    Does this have HDR setting available?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Unless it's hiding in the menu somewhere, then no. Sadly.

Don't work for me on My S Plus, when i open the camera gallery FC, any solution?

What ROM and version are you running? Will it run if you open the camera app?